• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 1,922 Views, 14 Comments

The Twilight Parable - Yoshirocks341



An average day for Celestia's prize student changes suddenly when all her friends disappear, leading her to her destiny. Or she doesn't. It's your choice. Or is it the narrator's?

  • ...
1
 14
 1,922

Lost Daughter

Here I was just pausing for some sort of dramatic effect, like a good storyteller does, and you just shout out something completely random, in hopes that you could actually change what you end up seeing. Do you understand how foolish that sounds? Trying to control events that have already taken place? It’s not like yelling at your screen will do anything. This room was already prepared long ago, for when you came into this room, you could then gasp at what it holds, and be in awe.

I would be more annoyed at you Twilight if you hadn’t...you said “Pictures and memories of a lost daughter”, correct? As in “daughter”, you mean Rarity’s daughter, and in “lost” you mean dead, correct? Did the child, like, die while in childbirth, or was it some sort of illness that took her life from us? How long ago did all of this take place? Who was the father? What was her name? So much suspense and unknowns could be made this, I must know!

Wait a minute. I can’t believe this has happened, I truly can’t believe this, Twilight. I’ve become more interested in your story than my own! You suggested an idea that is far more interesting than the one I planned myself. You’ve out story told the storyteller, and for that, I congratulate you.

What was my story, you ask? Well, thank you for asking by the way, even though you really didn’t. It really pales in comparison to the idea you just came up with though. This room was going to be filled with failed design ideas that Rarity had and then Rarity was going to come in to the room, get all mad at you, and then you were going to have to navigate your way through a multilayered conversation with a ticked off female, easily one of the toughest challenges known in existence. At least to a male that is.

If you succeeded, which would have been a pretty big “if”, you were going to be rewarded with you two making up and Rarity revealing where everyone was, a surprise birthday party made just for you. There was going to be cake, party games, and then a very intimate encounter with a pony of your choice. I’ve heard that that is pretty popular among readers and I figured that would easily be a good enough reward for completing such a difficult task.

If you failed, Rarity was going to be overcome with rage and discover what happens when you lunge a sharp, pointed object at another pony. The story would then turn and dark and gritty, with Rarity faced with the knowledge that she had just killed one of the most loved ponies in Equestria, and one of her dearest friends. It would then turn into a tale about a lady on the run from the law, using any tricks in her disposal to survive, and eventually finding her true love, who would convince her to come clean with the truth.

But now, I feel this ending lacks all pizzazz. There’s no reason to go through with this ending. This story ends here. Maybe I should have hired you to come up with better ending, for you sure have bested me here.