• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 1,922 Views, 14 Comments

The Twilight Parable - Yoshirocks341



An average day for Celestia's prize student changes suddenly when all her friends disappear, leading her to her destiny. Or she doesn't. It's your choice. Or is it the narrator's?

  • ...
1
 14
 1,922

Carousel Boutique

Twilight knew that she had a job to do, find Spike, and going down mysterious trapdoors was not going to help that in the slightest. Twilight was worrying about where Spike was, for she loved her number one assistant like a...er...brother? Son? Cousin? Close friend?

They had a unique relationship, let’s just leave it at that.

But what also was unique about Spike was his relationship with Rarity, one of Twilight’s closest friends. He had fallen for her just as Romeo had fallen for Juliet, except if you replace the fact that their love was not to be because of the fact that their families were fighting with the fact that they are two different species all together and you increase the age difference between them to the point where…

Lets just go with Spike is close with Twilight and Rarity and it would make sense for Twilight to look in the Carousel Boutique for Rarity owned it and Spike frequently visited there. All this explaining is starting to make me confused, and I’m the one running the story.

As Twilight entered the boutique, everything seemed to be in order, except for one small detail. One of the pieces of fabric that usually hung down from the ceiling to create the look of a fancy looking wall had been pushed aside to reveal a hidden door.

Twilight was taken aback by this discovery. How many secret passageways were around Ponyville? Had she never noticed any of these before? Had she been totally blind to them all this time? Or had they just all appeared today, for the narrator had been lazy, and used all pre-existing locations to tell a story?

Twilight had no clue where that last thought came from, but decided to enter the hidden door nonetheless. As the door creaked open, all that greeted her back was pure darkness. Was this darkness hiding something? A secret of Rarity perhaps? Maybe it was one about her past, or maybe one about her hobbies? It could also just be some sort of storage closet, but that didn’t seem too interesting of an ending.

Twilight gasped as she illuminated the room to find herself staring face to face with…

Pictures and memories of a lost daughter
Spike, strapped down, with a whip nearby