• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 1,922 Views, 14 Comments

The Twilight Parable - Yoshirocks341



An average day for Celestia's prize student changes suddenly when all her friends disappear, leading her to her destiny. Or she doesn't. It's your choice. Or is it the narrator's?

  • ...
1
 14
 1,922

Discovering Creator

No, Twilight knew she couldn’t do it. There were far too many unknowns; too many things left unsure. If she turned off the power, what would happen to her? What would happen to her life, but more importantly, her friends? No, there were better ways to solve this situation. One with less risk.

Twilight went back to exploring the Creation Center, checking desks and computers for anything that could be helpful. Suddenly, a new thought entered her head. A thought that made so much sense she was shocked that she hadn’t thought of it sooner.

Is somepony writing this adventure as well? Her discovery of the trapdoor, the exploring of the hallway; had this been the reason why she was able to unlock the door in the first place?

Twilight heard tapping coming around the corner. She gathered her courage and peaked around to see another being, sitting in front of the computer, typing. To Twilight’s horror, the being turned around, and then smiled.

Immediately, Twilight knew she was staring face to face with her creator. Twilight just knew. She couldn’t comprehend to hows or the whys, but she knew. Maybe it was a feeling that every creation gets when they meet their own creator.

Or maybe it was because he wore a shirt with her face painted on it with the words, “Twilight’s #1 Fan,” written out below.

Twilight wasn’t sure what exactly to do. Her decisions before had been made with ease, without any sort of thinking involved. And now, her thoughts on what to do next were blank, empty, a pure white space.

The tapping noise started again. Twilight was suddenly filled with great love and compassion for her creator. He was one of the greatest, no, the greatest person in the history of everything. She ran up to him and he embraced her in his arms. She looked up into his eyes and she didn’t care that his face was full of pimples, that he was a little overweight, that he was a little on the weak side, she loved him all the same.

Twilight closed her eyes and leaned in, puckering her lips. Her perfect creator began to do the same. Love was in the air, this was how it was supposed to be. Nothing was going to stop this.

----

“Jimmy!” his mother called from upstairs, startling him. “Have you finished cleaning the basement yet?”

Jim Stevens pushed his chair away from the computer. “Yeah mom!” he yelled back. “I, like, finished doing that an hour ago!”

“Then what are you doing now?” she snapped back. “Why are you still in the basement?”

“I’m doing nothing mom,” he replied innocently. “I was just about to head back upstairs.”

“You were writing those stories again, weren’t you?” she angrily accused. “A man your age should not be doing such things! You’re over twenty, for goodness sake! You should go ahead and get a job!”

“Writing is a job mom!” he countered.

“Not the stuff you write about!” she countered back. “All these ponies! I can’t believe what this son of mine has turned into!”

“What are you going to do about it mom?” he shot back, a little ticked off.

“This!” she screamed and suddenly it became pitch black. Jim was shocked. She’d pulled the plug on him!

“Try writing any pony story now!” she shouted, crackling as her voice slowly dissipated.

Jim sighed as he watched his computer go through the rebooting stages. He knew he should have saved more often. It was not a surprise that his mother would do something like this. Now he was going to rewrite the majority of the story again.

“How did it begin again?” he asked himself out loud. He thought for a few minutes. “That’s right, it began something like…”