• Published 11th May 2015
  • 3,404 Views, 57 Comments

By Sword and Gauntlet! - Mr Zelda C Brony



You know the theme! Guy goes dressed as character! Buys some cool souvenir. Ends up in Equestria.. "Man why did I buy that stupid Gauntlet... " Things like this give a whole new meaning to the idea of refunds!

  • ...
14
 57
 3,404

Chap 2: New Enemies and Past Memories

The party was beginning to wind down but Pinkie Pie quickly fixed that problem and Vinyl Scratch had shown up to drop the bass, which is probably why we all failed to hear the screams.

I was on the dance floor with Luna competing to see who was the best (or should I say worst) dancer when Blue Blood suddenly ran into the party screaming at the top of his lungs, and boy was he a screamer. The Music abruptly stopped so we could all hear his screams.

“MONSTER!” he screamed “MONSTER IN THE CASTLE! THERE’S A MONSTER IN THE CASTLE!” he howled to us then calmly stated “Just thought you all should know.” Before fainting on the dance floor.

My first thought was of course Harry Potter and apparently Pinkie had the same thought as I heard her mutter “You’re a Wizard ‘Arry” in a surprisingly excellent Hagrid impression.

Luna and I exchanged a look as she summoned a rapier from the very shadows before we took off down the halls towards the new screams that we could all now hear.

‘Man those doors are REALLY thick!’

‘Yeah! Real good sound-proofing there! Top notch work!’

As we ran down the halls I guess Luna or someone (sorry somepony) had informed Celestia as she appeared next to us with a WAR HAMMER! She simply nodded to me after a look of surprise before we all fell into a long practiced rhythm of 'Deal with the Big Danger NOW – and the Small Problems later' as we charged onwards.

We all came sliding around a corner and finally caught sight of the ‘Monster’ that had frightened Blue Blood so much.

Now it was my turn to be surprised. It was Herobrine, THE HEROBRINE from MINECRAFT! How in Tartarus did he get here?

Celestia and Luna glared at Herobrine and when that failed to work Celestia spoke up first.

“Are you the one behind all of the recent murders?" Celestia asked.

‘Wait? There were murders here and Celestia FAILED to find the problem?’

‘No surprise there…’

‘Yeah True Dat!’

Herobrine of course stayed completely still and silent but for the flickering of his glowing eyes.

"Speak!" Luna demanded attempting to throw out the same Aura of control as her Sister had.

Herobrine remained silent and I could’ve sworn he was staring at me. His stare sent a chill through me, part fear, part cold, and part my own excitement at the possibility of combat.

I decided it was my turn to speak up “You’re him. You’re Herobrine.” I stated.

‘Yeah we knew that already!’

‘True but Celestia and Luna don’t plus! Theatrics!’

Celestia and Luna turned to me and said in unison, "You know him?"

"I know of him, but I don't know him personally." I replied

Herobrine finally decided to speak up "My reputation precedes me, it seems." His voice, it seemed to come from nowhere yet everywhere.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" Celestia queried.

"That is none of your concern. I have come for Link, that is all." Herobrine replied.

Oh dear… that probably isn’t a good sign. Time to go offensive.

"What do you want from me, fiend!?" I demanded. While stealthily drawing my bow.

"Simple. I want to destroy this pretty little world of yours. But for now, I must take my leave. Ta-ta!" Herobrine said before opening a portal.

I barely had time to shoot off a Light Arrow, sadly it didn’t seem to affect him. Heck, I don’t think he even noticed. But my Light Arrow didn’t react well with our end of his portal. As the Arrow hit it sent out a shockwave that threw all of us back, sending me straight through a statue of Celestia. Then I blacked out and my mind went off to visions of the Past.


Equestria
The Everfree
About 1, 525 Equis Years ago


It was a peaceful night, until I showed up.

My appearance was spectacularly, horrible. I first entered The Everfree in a flash of light and sound, then I promptly slammed face-first into a tree.

“OW!” I screamed quite needlessly as I sat up from where I had landed. I then stayed there for about 10 minutes going through the usual cycle of thought one does after experiencing a WTF moment, they went in this order.

‘WTF!’

‘Where The Freak am I?’

‘What The Freak happened?’

‘What The Freak now?’

‘Why The Freak do the deities hate me?’

And finally ‘Why The Freak am I still here?’

After wasting my time asking these questions and failing to find an answer for them I decided to get off my arse and figure out at least 1 answer. I figured that if I could solve one the others would collapse like dominoes!

‘Or they could be like a Hydra! Cut off one head and 2 more grow in it’s place!’

Shut up you’re not helpful!
` ‘He probably jinxed us now’

And you are not helping either!

So I quickly got up and brushed off my tunic, I then looked around at my surroundings. I was on a tall hill in the middle of a large forest. I saw pretty much nothing except 3 large camps all placed near each other but not next to each other.

“Well Philip. Whenever lost or stranded always head for the largest site of civilization nearby.” I said to myself before securing all my bags and beginning my march towards the nearest Camp.


After marching for a few hours I heard a low growling. I sighed to myself, ‘great’ I thought ‘wild animals… I’m going to die to wild animals. Not only that but I’m going to be mauled by animals who know’s how far away from home!’

I quickly turned around and put my hand on the hilt of my fake Master Sword. I was hoping that if I smacked them hard enough with the foam prop they would decide to try finding an easier meal. Then the first TimberWolf leaped out at me. I instinctively smacked using the sword edge first. I watched in shock as my blade slide through his body like a knife through butter. Then I stared at his remains as I processed what had just happened.

1. My once foam sword had just killed an animal.
2. Said animal was made of wood.
3. If an animal is made of wood is it really alive
4. Actually yes trees are seen as alive and they are made of wood.. so are witches..
5. My once foam sword was now a metal
6. Make that a Sharp metal sword
7. I had just committed murder
“Well… I’m in trouble… and this isn’t good…” I said staring at the carnage I had caused..

Dude.. it’s not carnage! It’s wood chips! SNAP OUT OF IT!

I sighed and continued my trek towards the camp site and made it there without any further mishaps. When I approached the camp I was stopped by a loud voice that rung with the tone of authority.

“Halt! State thy name, business, and species. As well as today’s password!” Stated the voice from the camp in front of me. I noticed now they all resembled Roman Camps with walls and everything though with small differences. This camp had magical defenses woven into the normal ones as well as a magical dome.

“Uhh hi!” I said “My name is…” I decided to keep my real name safe and decided to just go with my costume “Link, and I’m lost and looking for help.” I said hesitantly.

“Your Species and the Password please..” stated the Voice again.

“Oh, I’m a Hylain… and the Password is…” I decided that the people here probably weren’t that smart so I went with the best Password I knew thanks to Sarge “Password!” I said as I waited for their response.

“Correct!” stated the Voice “Open the Gates!”

I silently thanked Sarge and his Expert military knowledge as the Gates creaked open. Then I was blasted unconscious. I did a lot of that in the beginning.


Equestria
Canterlot Palace
Present Day


I was the first of us to wake up, probably thanks to my massive amounts of experience in the art of unconsciousness. Luna and Celestia quickly followed at about the same time.

Celestia was of course the first to speak.

“So I see you have been freed Courage? May I assume Discord had a hand in it?” Celestia asked calm and collected as always.

“You always did have a knack for analysis Celestia, but please do not address me with the Label I was given during my imprisonment. We were friends once and I hope we will be again, so address me as Link if you would be so kind.” I stated simply and plainly to Celestia.

Luna of course picked up on the situation and seemed baffled “Sister what is this? You imprisoned Link? Why would you do such a thing! He was and IS our friend and you would treat him like a common criminal!? Explain DEAR Sister.” Luna said her voice dripping with anger near the end.

“You would not understand Luna! You weren’t here for the aftermath! I did what needed to be done for our people!” Celestia shot back vehemently.

“Why wasn’t I there? Who exactly prevented me from coming to Thy aid!” Luna demanded even though we all knew the answer to that. As such her question went unanswered.

I stepped in before the Sisters decided to move on from words and get physical with the magical weapons they both possessed within their auras.

“Both of you stop! Luna calm down Celestia had every right to put me in stone. As Celestia and I know there was no other way.” I said going from a scream to a sullen tone.

During this exchange I barely noticed the Mane 6 and a few other ponies arriving though they hung back, barely seen but within easy hearing distance. Celestia and Luna though failed to notice them.

“Why?” Luna asked tears beginning to form “Why would she have to do that? Tell me Link!” she demanded.

I looked at her and nearly broke, I never did like to see either of them cry. So I motioned for them to sit, and I told them all the tale of my imprisonment.


See what happens in the Third Chapter of “By Sword and Gauntlet”
Chapter 3: The History of The Darkness

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! Here it is, The long awaited collab chapter with BlueMoon865! He is the author of the story "You know My Name" link HERE Read it for his half of our encounter!