• Published 14th Mar 2015
  • 814 Views, 30 Comments

xjuggerscrapsx - xjuggernaughtx



A collection of ideas and story errata with author's notes. Think of them as jugger-nots.

  • ...
3
 30
 814

PreviousChapters Next
Cheerilee's Thousand - The Lost Chapters - Chapter Five (Comedy, Random, Slice-of-Life)

“Come on. You can do it!”

Cheerilee bit her lip and waved her hooves frantically to the left, willing her bowling ball to alter its doomed course. She swore when it landed in the gutter with a thunk and rumbled its way to the return mechanism.

“Ooh! Almost!” Roseluck flashed her a pained grin before licking the end of her pencil and entering in a zero for the frame. “Really close that time!”

Rolling her eyes, Cheerilee flopped in the modeled chairs surrounding the ball return. “Yeah, I only missed the pins by ten feet this time.”

“It’s in your release,” Roseluck picked up a bag of talc lying on the scoring table and tapped it lightly against both hooves. “You’re letting the ball go to the left on your backswing, so it goes right when you let go of it. Watch me.”

Roseluck

Author's Note:

I'd just started this chapter when I ran up against the mechanics of pony bowling. It's unclear from the episode how they actually do it, so I stopped to think about it for a while and see how readers felt about it.

The idea here was going to be that Roseluck was just buttering Cheerilee up because she wanted her foal to get better grades. She's be dropping increasingly obvious hints about how important it was for foals to have a good shot at college and where testing factored into that. She'd eventually come to a place where she'd be offering up some sort of quid pro quo deal, thinking that Cheerilee was obviously so desperate that she'd take it.

I'd gone back and forth about using Roseluck. We have no way of knowing if Rose has a foal or not, but I could see some people disputing it. I was going to write it and then replace her with an OC if it bugged me.

PreviousChapters Next