• Published 14th Mar 2015
  • 814 Views, 30 Comments

xjuggerscrapsx - xjuggernaughtx



A collection of ideas and story errata with author's notes. Think of them as jugger-nots.

  • ...
3
 30
 814

PreviousChapters Next
Cheerilee's Thousand - The Lost Chapters - Chapter Eight (Comedy, Random, Slice-of-Life)

Snips took a deep breath and tried to still his racing heart. I’ll never have another chance like this! I’ve gotta make my move! He cleared his throat loudly. “So, um, do you come here often?” he said with a hopeful grin.

Cheerilee looked down at him, startled. “Excuse me?”

Snips placed a hoof against the gallery’s wall, crossing one hind hoof over the other. “I, ah, just don’t think I’ve ever seen you here before.”

Cheerilee’s brow furrowed. “Well, you haven’t been here before, have you?. The gallery only agreed to allow school field trips last month.” The teacher turned back to the painting before them. “Now, what do you make of this? Can you tell me some of the techniques the artist might have used to make this?”

Snips frowned, biting his lip. This wasn’t going well. Get in the game, Snips! he thought as he lightly bonked his forehead with a hoof. Gotta be smooth! As he spied the information placard by the painting, his eyes lit up. I’ll bet she loves smart stallions!

Trotting to Cheerilee’s side, he made a show of scanning the abstract. Sitting on the tiled floor, he placed a hoof to his chin, tapping it. “Hmmmmm. Well, I’d say that this was made with, um… paint?” He stared up at her hopefully. A-and maybe brushes?”

Cheerilee rolled her eyes, laughing. “I think you could try a little harder than that, Snips! It’s a painting, after all.”

Snips fought back the urge to leap up and punch his hoof into the air. Yes! She’s laughing! Score one for the Snips! Now to seal the deal! Snips waggled his eyebrows at the teacher. “Forget the painting, this gallery’s only got one true masterpiece.”

Cheerilee’s eyes darted from side to side momentarily before she turned to give Snips her full attention. “What did you say?”

Got her! Snips thought, shifting from hoof to hoof. Now, I’ll hit her with a little charm!

(I was going to put in some terrible pickup line here)

Snips grinned widely as Cheerilee’s mouth dropped open. She’s speechless! He nodded casually toward the gallery’s tiny food court. “What do you say?

Author's Note:

I really liked this concept, but I decided that it wasn't really a date if Cheerilee didn't realize she was on one. In the end, Snails was going to show up and ruin Snips's game somehow.

PreviousChapters Next