• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 2,303 Views, 94 Comments

Ignorance is Bliss... - TheUnknownPerson



Pinkie Pie was a normal pony(for the most part). She had lived her life like a party and has managed to make some friends along the way. But, what will happen when she finds out something from her past. Something that will haunt her and posses her

  • ...
5
 94
 2,303

III: Hiding It

Author's Note:

I'd like to make an apology. I said that this chapter would be the longest of them all. However, I got off topic at the end of the story. This chapter is supposed to be about her hiding the flashback. So, I cut that out of the story and I am adding that onto the next chapter. I hope you'll still enjoy this chapter. Also, the reason why there are so many thought lines is because Pinkie is having an internal conflict with herself. Like she's arguing with the logical part of her brain in her thoughts.

"We shall find who has been creating these heinous acts!"

"Ooooh, I wonder who the killer is." Pinkie said quietly to herself.

You can't ignore what happened,

It was just a weird dream.

You keep telling yourself that. You're going to have to face it eventually.

Pinkie got up from Rarity's comfy couch and went into the kitchen.

Maybe a cupcake'll help me.

Pinkie grabbed a cupcake from the plate she had made hours earlier. She noted that there was only a few cupcakes left(this'll make sense later in the chapter.). Then she proceeded to slowly eat it as she walked back to the couch.

I can't tell the girls. They'll think I'm nuttier than a fruitcake! Pinkie thought to herself as she sat between Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

It isn't gonna be hard to hide it. The girls are too busy watching the movie. Pinkie thought to herself, finishing the cupcake.

=================

"Well, that was certainly intriguing, but a little too much gore for my tastes." Rarity said as the credits started the roll on the movie.

"Aw, what? The movie was good with the gore. It made things more realistic." Rainbow Dash said as she got up to stretch her wings.

"I don't know about that, but it was a interesting mystery to solve." Twilight said as she used her magic to throw away empty cans and cupcake wrappers that had collected during the movie.

"That was a good movie if Ah do say so mahself."

"It... it wasn't as bad as I thought. I still didn't like the b-bloody parts." Fluttershy said as her skin crawled when she thought of it.

"It was super-duper mysterious!" Pinkie said bouncing on the couch,

I've said it once, I'll say it again. You aren't going to be hiding. It'll be easier to tell them now.

I know, but it'll ruin the party!

So what are you going to do? Wait until the sleepover is finished? You won't get the chance. Rarity will be back to working on her dresses, Applejack will be taking care of things around Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight will be back to studying Starswirl or whatever his name was, and Rainbow Dash will be practicing flying like she usually does. Hay, even you'll be busy back at Sugarcube Corner!

Some times I wish I could jinx you,

Thought Pinkie to herself.

Pinkie let out a small frustrated groan. She saw Fluttershy look at her with worried eyes.

Aw, horseapples! She's getting suspicious.

Pinkie tried to play it off as her humming a small song, but Fluttershy still looked at her, most likely worried about her.

"So girls, what do we do next?" Rarity's asked

"Let's play Hide 'n Seek! Or Pin The Tall on The Breezie! Or maybe Bingo! What about Tag?! Maybe-" Applejack put a cupcake in Pinkie's mouth.

"Sorry 'bout sugarcube. You were ramblin'" Applejack said.

Twilight had taken out a piece of paper and written down all that Pinkie had said.

"Ok, anypony else have any other suggestions?" Twilight said, looking up from the paper.

Pinkie raised her hoof.

"Not you Pinkie. We already have some of your suggestions." Twilight said.

"Aw..." Pinkie said as she lowered her hand.

Everypony started to making suggestions of games to play. Pinkie usually would've been listening intently to the conversation, bouncing around in anticipation. But this time was different for the events that had played out in Pinkie's brain.

There was the little filly named Pinkie. She looks almost identical to me when I was a filly. Apparently, she had done something to get her in trouble with her family. They're planing to do something to her... but what?

Pinkie began to lose herself in her thoughts about the little, "dream" she had.

Was that Pinkie me? She looks like me. Or what i used to be.

"Okay so, I've narrowed it down to three options. Hide 'n Seek, Spin the Bottle, or we don't play a game and do something else." Twilight said as she put down the quill.

"Ah say we do Hide 'n Seek." Applejack said.

"I wouldn't mind playing Hide 'n Seek." Rainbow Dash said.

"I'd prefer Spin the Bottle." Rarity said as she levitated the quill to her work desk.

Pinkie wasn't paying attention to the conversation at all. She was preoccupied with figuring out the 'dream'.

Maybe I ate too many cupcakes and passed out for a while...

"Pinkie what do you vote for?" Twilight asked her.

"Huh?"

"What do you want to do? We're voting for what we should play." Twilight said.

"Oh! U-um, what can I choose from?"

Twilight sighed and said, "Hide 'n Seek and Spin the Bottle. You can also choose not to play, but everyone's already chosen something beside that."

"Oh-" Pinkie let out a nervous laugh "- how about Spin the B-Bottle!"

"Ok. Spin the Bottle it is." Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash got up and went into the kitchen and returned with an empty bottle.

"Ok. Who goes first."

"I WILL!" Pinkie said, trying to act as she usually does when something's exciting is about to happen.

Just act like you usually do and they won't notice...

Rainbow Dash flew over to Pinkie and handed her the bottle.

Pinkie sat the bottle on the table and then span it. It landed on Rarity.

"Truth or Dare?" Pinkie asked.

=================

"I'm going outside for a moment." Fluttershy said as she trotted towards the door.

"Ah'm right behind ya sugarcube." Applejack said as she got up from the floor in the living room.

Fluttershy opened the door and walked outside, taking in the night air.

So calm...

Fluttershy looked up at the star-filled sky. She saw some birds flying by above the

"Beautiful, ain't it?" AppleJack said.

"Yes. Princess Luna does a good job." Fluttershy said.

A minute of silence passed before someone finally spoke up.

"I'm worried Pinkie. She isn't acting like herself." Fluttershy said.

"Ah noticed that too. She seems nervous. Like she's tryin' to hide somethin'." Applejack said in agreement.

"S-should we be worried?" Fluttershy asked with concern filling her voice.

"Possibly. We shouldn't meddle in 'er business. Let's just keep an eye on 'er fer now." Applejack said.

"Okay." Fluttershy said, messing around with her hooves.

"Ah'm gonna head back in. Ya comin'?" Applejack asked.

"S-sure." Fluttershy said, stilling having some concern in her voice.

Fluttershy trotted in behind Applejack and shut the door.

=================

Pinkie got up from the couch. She looked out over the living room, which was surprisingly clean after that game of Spin the Bottle. Almost everyone was asleep. Applejack was the only one that was still up. The rest were either on the floor in their sleeping bags or on the couch. Rarity had gone upstairs to her bed.

Pinkie, I have to tell you a secret about what's about to happen.

Um... ok.

You know what happened earlier. But, there's something more about it.

Pinkie was almost afraid to ask.

W... what?

You'll see what happens to that filly. Punishment and all.

What?! T-that can't happen!

It will. You'll what your family does to you-

But I wasn't a pegasus as a filly! I'm not now! I never have been! My family never did anything bad to me!

Denial. The first step when you find out something like this. But, it hasn't even begun. The worst part has yet to come.

I-I don't believe it.

You'll see for yourself when you fall asleep. It's bad, trust me.

Then I just won't fall asleep then!

You'll have to eventually. I expect you won't make it more than an hour or two.

With that, Pinkie sat back down onto the couch and tried to find something to preoccupy herself.

I won't fall asleep!

Pinkie got up from the couch and went into the kitchen. All of soda and cupcakes were gone.

No!

It'll be alright Pinkie. Just let it happen normally.

Pinkie looked through her saddlebag that was sitting on the floor in front of the kitchen entrance. She then proceeded to open it and look through it in a sort of panicked state.

There's got to be something in here that'll keep me awake! Cupcakes, soda, something!

"Pinkie, are ya alright?" AppleJack quietly said.

Pinkie stopped looked her bag and looked up at AppleJack.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. " Pinkie said as she let out a nervous laugh.

"Pinkie, ya can tell me if somethin' is wrong." Applejack said with compassion in her eyes and worry in her face.

Tell her! You literally have to perfect chance!

"I... I'm alright Applejack. Thank you." Pinkie said as she trotted back over to the couch and sat back down.

I can't believe this! Why didn't you tell her?!

She doesn't need to be worried about this. I want them all to have a great time.

Pinkie yawned then shook her head, trying to get rid of the tiredness.

Please... just try to fall asleep. It'll be easier if you get it over quickly.

Pinkie ignored her more logical part in her brain.

Pinkie felt herself to get more and more tired. As the minutes past by, Pinkie becomes more and more tired and she's even more terrified than she is tired.

Twenty minutes passed by, and Pinkie is exhausted. Even Applejack is asleep at this point.

Pinkie's heart was pounding as her eyelids became even heavier than before,

I...I'm so scared.

Just let go Pinkie. Everything'll be alright. You'll get through it.

Pinkie let out a small, shaky breath as her eyelids shut and she felt her go back to that place.

=================

When Pinkie's eyes opened again, she was back at the Pie Rock Farm.

Oh no...

=================