• Published 17th Mar 2015
  • 2,302 Views, 94 Comments

Ignorance is Bliss... - TheUnknownPerson



Pinkie Pie was a normal pony(for the most part). She had lived her life like a party and has managed to make some friends along the way. But, what will happen when she finds out something from her past. Something that will haunt her and posses her

  • ...
5
 94
 2,302

I: Prologue

Author's Note:

Ok, first fanfiction. Let's jump in. I'll try to update this at least every week.

"Hey Twilight, do you wanna have a sleepover at Rarity's house? We could play party games and watch scary movies-ooooh! We could play, 'Pin the Wings on a Breezie' or, 'Spin the Bottle'" Pinkie Pie asked as she bounced in excitement.

"I'm not sure Pinkie..."Twilight Sparkle said. -"I've been wanting to study the origins of the Tree of Harmony..."-

"Oh please Twilight! Everypony's going to be there! Well, not everyone, but you know what I mean!"-Pinkie began to stare at Twilight with puppy eyes- "PLEEEEAAAAASEE!!!" she asked.

Twilight tried to ignore that stare. Oh Celestia, did she try. She managed to hold out for about a minute before she caved in.

"Okay! I guess I could take a break from studying for one night." She said, much to Pinkie's delight.

"Oh thank you Twi! The sleepover is at 8 tonight! See ya there!" Pinkie exclaimed back to Twilight as she began to run towards Sugarcube Corner.

Yay!

Twilight sighed as she went back into the library, "Hopefully she won't go overboard again. I mean, it is just one night."

=================

Pinkie was happily making cupcakes in preparation for the party. She had drops of icing, cake batter, and flour all over her face and coat. And... done! Pinkie thought as she put the last dollop of icing on the cupcake.

She picked up the cupcake and put it into a small plastic container, filled with other cupcakes.

"That should be enough." Pinkie said.

"Oh who am I kiddin'! We could always use more cupcakes." She said as she pulled a new batch of cupcakes out of the oven

After filling up two more plastic containers with cupcakes, Pinkie cleaned and then went to the bathroom to clean herself up.

Pinkie entered the bathroom and picked up a rag. She wiped the flour away and used her hoof to wipe some of the icing away and licked it off of her hoof. Perfect! Pinkie thought to herself as she looked at her now cleaned face in the mirror. Now, time to clean my coat. it's covered in batter and flour!. She looked over at the rag and decided that it definitely wasn't going to do the job this time. She needed something bigger.

"Ahhhhhhh..." Pinkie said as she stepped out of the shower. Better... much better she thought as she looked at herself in the slightly fogged up mirror. She picked up a towel from the bathroom counter and dried her mane with the towel. As she looked back up at the mirror, she saw herself as a filly. Her hair had a blood stain on it, her eyes were closed, and there was blood trailing down from her mouth to her neck. Pinkie, in utter disbelief, shook her head. When she looked at the mirror again, she was herself.I think I had too much punch... Pinkie thought as she exited the bathroom.

=================

"Byeah Mr. an' Mrs. Cahkee! Ah'll b bak tomphrow!" Pinkie said as she left Sugarcube Corner.

Her saddlebags were filled to the brim with cupcakes. She was even carrying a plate of cupcakes with her teeth!

Pinkie made her way to the Carousel Boutique. She was surprised Rarity had accepted to host the sleepover there. She figured that she was stressed out and needed a break or something around those lines. Anyway, Pinkie knocked on the door of the door, balancing the plate of cupcakes as she did it.

After about 30 seconds of knocking, Rarity answered the door. "I'm terribly sorry, but we're- oh! Hello Pinkie! Come in, come in." Rarity ushered Pinkie into her luxurious home. "Just set the cupcakes on the kitchen counter and I'll be in the living area." Rarity said as she walked towards the couches.

Pinkie sat everything out on the counter. "Do you need my assistance in there Pinkie?" Rarity asked from the living room

"I'm alright in here, but you can still help if you want!"

"Why, I'd love to!"

After a few minutes, Pinkie and Rarity had set everything out on the counter. Pinkie sat the cupcake on the small plate and had put them into a small circle. Rarity got a similar idea with the cans of soda, except she wanted to set them up in a small pyramid. She had been a little bit more careful and accurate in her placements than Pinkie. "I'm almost finished with this Pinkie. Why don't you go sit down on the sofa while I finish up in here."

Pinkie nodded her head and exited the kitchen. As she was passing by the front door, a light knock came from the door.

Pinkie opened the door and was greeted with a yellow pony with a sleeping bag in her saddlebag. "Hello Pinkie. I... I'm here for the sleepover" Fluttershy said in a soft voice. "Ok, come in! Rarity and I set up some refreshments in the kitchen. So help yourself!"

Fluttershy whispered something like, "Thank you" and trotted off into the living room

=================

"Ok, so what do we do first girls?" Twilight asked as she finished eating a cupcake. "Ah say we should tell som' stories." suggested Applejack. "I suggest we play, 'Spin the Bottle'" Rarity said, adding her suggestion to the conversation. "Ooooooo! Let's play, 'Hide and Seek'. Or, 'Pin the Wings on a Breezie'. Or maybe, 'Tag'. What about-" Rainbow Dash covered Pinkie Pie's mouth. "You were rambling on again, Pinkie. I say we watch a horror movie or tell scary stories!" Rainbow Dash said. Fluttershy hid in her mane, "I-I don't like s-scary stories..."

"Oh, come on 'Shy. It'll toughen you up! I bet after a while you won't be scared of it anymore." Rainbow Dash said, trying to encourage Fluttershy. "Ah wouldn't mind a good scare." Applejack said. "Oooooh! Horror movies! Perfect thing for a sleepover!" Pinkie said, bouncing on her hooves in excitement. "Alright. I wouldn't mind. However, I may not pay too much attention to it" Rarity said as she was sitting on the couch, sipping on some of the soda she'd set up earlier. "O...ok. If everypony else wants to, I'll d-do it." Fluttershy said, starting to come out of her mane. "Alright, so what do we watch? Did we even bring horror movies?" Twilight asked as she disposed of the cupcake wrapper. "I think I have an old film in my room. Let me go get it." Rarity said, getting up from the couch and walking upstairs.

Rarity came back down stairs, levitating a DVD case. "Here it is. The title is, 'The Unfortunate Case of Lady Windborne of Hoofington'" Rarity said as she opened the DVD case and pulled out the actual DVD(using her magic for both actions of course). "Sounds interesting... lets watch it!" Rainbow Dash said, flying over to Rarity and grabbing the DVD from her magic grasp. She then flew over to Rarity's DVD player and put it in. The movie loaded up and started.

=================

Everypony had there eyes glued to the TV as the movie played. Fluttershy was sitting on the floor, wrapped in a small blanket, shivering. Rainbow Dash sat on the floor beside Fluttershy. Rarity was sitting on the couch beside Pinkie along with Twilight to her right. Applejack was laying on the floor beside Rainbow Dash, resting her head on her fore-hooves. It was nearing the middle of the movie when one gruesome scene started. Lady Windborne had been tied down and spread by The Rack(A medieval torture device in case you didn't know). Her wings had been put through a small slot in the wood of The Rack.

The torturer was asking her questions like, "Where is your family's fortune?" and, "Do you give up yet?" he'd always ask after her stretched her.

Eventually, he let her out of the torture device and put her into a different one. It had her wings spread apart. The torture asked her, "Do you value your wings?" as he picked up an axe. Lady Windborne seemed to know what he was about to do, because she begged and pleaded him not to do it. The torturer, after a few more questions without her answer, chopped off one of her wings.

Pinkie Pie began to feel nauseous and dizzy during this scene. She felt like she'd pass out any minute. Her vision dimmed as her head rested against the head of the