• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 370 Views, 5 Comments

The One True Queen - Queen of Cupcakes



A story of time travel, with the most unlikely of heroes...

  • ...
 5
 370

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

History is Repetitive or The Elements of Harmony

Doohickey woke up early, just as Bon Bon had predicted. She started her first day on the Tardis with a nice breakfast, courtesy of Lyra. Ditzy also offered something, a large batch of blueberry muffins. Doohickey was a bit confused though, she was certain there was butter to put on the muffins in the tin when Ditzy opened it, but it was gone when she went to put some on her muffin. She spent the rest of the morning following the Doctor around. He spent a lot of it explain the Tardis's engine to her, she wanted to help fix it, but he told her she was too little. It irked her to no end. She decided to go work with Lyra. The unicorn was practicing spells in the judo with Bon Bon. Doohickey kept tripping over herself though. Eventually, Lyra and Bon Bon, looked at each other. Bon Bon smiled sadly

"Um, Doohickey dear, could you go play somewhere else, you're a bit too… clumsy, for this." Doohickey's eye twitched. She stomped off in annoyance. By mid afternoon Doohickey was bored out of her mind. Everyone was saying to go play somewhere else. She wasn't playing! She was trying to help! Suddenly a shadow loomed over her.

"Um, Doohickey, would ya like ta come listen to a story? Fluttershy's willing, it's kinda… boring ta listen alone." Applebloom said looking at Doohickey a bit uncertainly. Doohickey looked at her… over the course of the day Doohickey had been thinking about how different Applebloom was. She realised that Applebloom, this Applebloom, was her age and was more carefree then the Applebloom she knew. She was willing to start over, if Applebloom didn't spent all of their time together going on and on about cutie marks.

"Yeah, sure… it's nice to here that there's SOMETHING to do here…"

"Yeah, tell me about it, I don't think I've been this bored since Applejack grounded me for a month…" Applebloom trailed off, looking a bit sadder then usual. Doohickey cringed a bit flattening her ears.

"Applebloom, oh my goodness, are you okay, oh dear." Fluttershy asked hovering beside them. Applebloom forced a smile.

"Yeah, 'm okay, thank ya Fluttershy."

"Oh, good… well, um, today I'm going to read about Nightmare Moon…"


"Just like that?" Doohickey asked in slight shock

"Yes, it was very shocking." Fluttershy said finishing her recount of the element of magic appearing before Twilight Sparkle.

"But how? Was it a time-release spell? How did the element know?"

"It didn't, Twilight's magic made it reveal itself."

"But why?" Doohickey asked. Fluttershy looked at the pegasus.

"Well, I don't know… the element of harmony, maintain balance in Equestria, if they hadn't been revealed Nightmare moon would have plunged Equestria into chaos. I suppose they might have known that they were needed, twilight summoned them, and they let her manipulate them." Doohickey's eyes had widened when Fluttershy talked about balance. Her eyes glimmered.

"Balance? You mean like, stopping Equestria from being destroyed?"

"Most likely…"

" Really!" Doohickey asked smiling widely.

"Um, yes."

"YES!" Doohickey said leaping into the air. She did a few loop-de-loops. "Can I have any books about the elements of harmony?" she asked still smiling. Fluttershy looked at her and sighed.

"Doohickey… um, we can't use the elements of harmony any more." Fluttershy said looking at little sad. Doohickey dropped to the floor in shock.

"What? Why not?"

"Because, the bearers of the elements aren't bonded by friendship anymore…" Fluttershy said quietly. Doohickey's face fell when she remembered that.

"Oh yeah…"

"I'm sorry little one, but… well, I don't think there's a way we can change that…" Fluttershy said sighing. She flew to the bookshelf and put the book she was reading back. She looked back at Doohickey and pulled down the book about the Elements of Harmony. "Here… you seemed truly interested… it might not do anything, but, at least you'll know about them…" she flew away after handing the little pegasus the book. Doohickey stared at it. It featured an image of six rainbow colored jewels connected by a gold frame.

" 'The Element's of Harmony: A Reference Guide'… I guess it kinda helps." Doohickey settled down into one of the cushions and began to read " 'The Elements of Harmony are six very powerful magical artifacts that maintain balance throughout all of Equestria, they each represent a powerful virtue: Laughter, Honesty, Generosity, Loyalty, and Kindness. The sixth element is a secret element, it's location shrouded in mystery, the only hint to finding it hidden in this quote: `when the five are present a spark will make the sixth appear. ` The nature of this spark is unknown, but the last known place of the Element of Harmony is in the castle of the two sisters found in the heart of the Everfree forest.'…" Doohickey looked closer at those words "how old is this book?" Doohickey flew up to the shelf and put the book away. She walked away from the library, moping slightly. Suddenly a door to her right opened. Doohickey stared in shock; it was a thick jungle with vines falling from branches and strange flowers. Down the path, visible from the door was a tree. It appeared hollow and a light was flooding out from carved windows. There were jars hanging from the tree's branches and masks all about the base.

"Do not stare, all the way out there. Come in here, do not leer." Zecora called out from the door. Doohickey nodded walking forward. The door closed and she realized that she was in a huge room. The Tardis had adapted it to the occupant's wishes. Doohickey opened Zecora's door and marveled at what she saw. The tress was completely hallowed with ingredients lining the walls in jars, bowls and bundles. There was a huge Cauldron in the center of the main room and a bed lined with unusual furs off to the side. It was surprisingly roomy, for a tree. "Doohickey little one, what has the world done? What is in your tum, that makes you look so glum?"

"The Elements of Harmony might be the only things that can stop Celestia, and their completely useless." Doohickey said sadly.

"Useless I believe they are not, but it is true they are not where they aught." Zecora said putting some things into her cauldron. It began to bubble in a bluish hue.

"The Elements only work with strong bonds of friendship though…" Doohickey said sitting on a stool across the cauldron from Zecora. Zecora put a few more herbs and such in the cauldron. It began to swirl in a lighter blue shade.

"Friendship is a fickle thing, it is much like a ring…" Zecora said looking at Doohickey before stirring the cauldron with her giant wooden spoon.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"It is an endless bond that will not break, no matter how much the world does shake."

"But, even Fluttershy said they weren't friends anymore." Doohickey said. Zecora picked up a glowing green powder.

"It is true they are apart, but they only need a push for their bond to restart." Zecora said before throwing the powder into the cauldron. The cauldron threw up a great blue cloud before it cleared leaving a clear substance not unlike water in the cauldron. " In there the future you will see, when it is done tell it to me." Zecora said backing away. Doohickey stood on the stole and leaned over to look into the cauldron. She was instantly shown a vision. There were fireworks and lanterns in a darkened city. There were two short alicorns on a balcony above her. To her right the elements of harmony, minus Twilight, were laughing and dancing, enjoying themselves. To her right Doohickey looked horrified. Ditzy was sitting beside the Doctor leaning on him forlornly, the Doctor looked like he had been crying. Ditzy was saying something but Doohickey couldn't hear it. One of the alicorns flew off the balcony flying over the city. The Doctor looked up and sighed as Ditzy continued speaking. Doohickey tried to call out to the Doctor but was pulled away. When Doohickey opened her eyes again she was back in Zecora's hut. Zecora had moved a table over to the window and set up tea.

"Having tea with this is law, now come and tell me what you saw." Zecora said before poring tea for Doohickey.

"There was a city, two alicorn's… The Doctor was upset… but all of the element's were happy and laughing together."

"Hmm…" Zecora sipped her tea in thought.

"What does it mean?"

"That you are the start of something strong, a light to show all that the queen is wrong."

" Really? But, I'm just a filly… I don't know if I'm ready for this yet…" Doohickey said, her ears flattening and her eyes looking down.

"You must, for danger has long loomed, we need their trust, or Equestria is doomed…' Zecora stood and walked to Doohickey's side. "It is true that you are young, but your adventure has just begun. All of Equestria is counting on you, what is it that you shall do?" Doohickey stared at the zebra. After a long while Doohickey hopped off the stool and stood. She tightened her bow and spread her wings.

"I'm going to defeat Celestia… I won't let her destroy Equestria, never again." Doohickey said with determination.

"Thank you, Time Travelling pony…" Doohickey gaped at her in shock; Zecora winked "Your first step is to find the one who is lonely…" with that she pushed Doohickey out of her hut and closed the door. Doohickey stood at the door in shock.

"How did she know?" the filly finally spoke after a few minuets. Doohickey walked to her room formulating a plan. She was going to present her case to the adults in the morning. Doohickey took out her bow in front of her vanity. She slowly unraveled her Tardis key from her hair. She stared at it and wondered what her papa would say. Doohickey frowned and looked back at her mirror with determination. No matter what happens… I will save them… they may be sad when it first ends… but they'll be saved Doohickey thought avidly I'll save them, mama was wrong, the Tardis led me here, it wants me to save them… and that's what I'm going to do. With that Doohickey weaved the key back into her hair. She looked out her fake window. The moon was shining in a cloudless night. She said a silent goodnight to her mama and papa before turning away. Zecora woke up suddenly. One of her potions was glowing a light pale yellow. She smiled in slight shock.

"My is that filly quick, I knew the potion would do the trick…"

Author's Note:

ha...haha...

got caught writing at work...:facehoof:

lol... she was not happy.

my boss I mean:twilightblush: