• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 370 Views, 5 Comments

The One True Queen - Queen of Cupcakes



A story of time travel, with the most unlikely of heroes...

  • ...
 5
 370

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Horrible Beginning or Equestria at War

"Come ON!" Doohickey slammed the console as the Tardis shook again. The red lights were flashing and the female voice was repeating the phrase

"Paradox Imminent. Paradox Imminent."

"I know this already! Tell me something I don't know!" Doohickey cried trying to steady her self on the rumbling floor. She took out the manual. "In case of Paradox, turn off Temporal engine and switch to emergency power…That only works if I'm not traveling threw space and time. UGH!" she tried to throw the book but the chain held strong. Suddenly the Tardis gave an almighty shudder and the whirling noise sounded. Doohickey took the chance and waited just as the light out side stopped fading she slammed down two switches. The Tardis gave one last shudder before the entire system shut down. It groaned out in a lonesome call before Doohickey was plunged into semi-darkness broken only by the grey light coming from the twelve windows on the front door. She sighed and walked up to it. She opened the door and was instantly sorry she did. She was definitely still in Canterlot, but the sky was filled with grey clouds and the spattering of rain painted a gloomy picture. Her ears drooped. " Isn't this just the picture of cheer…" she walked out into the street. There were fewer ponies on the street then the last time she was here, and the ones that were out and about seemed shifty eyed and worried. She stopped at a new stand. One headline caught her attention.

TROTTINGHAM MASSACRE

Hundreds of Innocent Ponies Killed

Guards Claim it to be the Work of Luna

Doohickey's eyes widened in horror. Above the article was a picture of the city of Trottingham in ruins with the corpses of ponies strewn about. Doohickey squeezed her eyes shut.

"Good Galiphrey! Doohickey?" a familiar voice said above her. Doohickey turned and saw the Doctor and Ditzy. They both looked Shocked and worried.

"Hello Doctor…" Doohckey said quietly

"Whatever are you doing here this time?" the Doctor asked as Ditzy came over and held her umbrella over the three of them

"My aunt and I moved here… she didn't feel safe in Fillydalphia anymore… if Trottingham was attacked, why wouldn't Fillydalphia be attacked too."

"I see…" The Doctor said. Doohickey Sneezed, the Doctor held out an orange scrap of fabric. Doohickey blew her nose, and then looked at the fabric.

"Hang on… is this from the same tacky jacket?"

"Yes… I don't know why I even had the jacket made, it was garish, and honestly none of the other me's had taste…" Ditzy punched the Doctor in the side, hard. "OOF! Ouch! Ditzy what was that for? I think you've bruised my ribs." The Doctor said holding a hoof to his side. Doohickey looked at the doctor strangely

"Other you's?" she asked

"What? Whatever are you talking about?" the Doctor asked. Doohickey glared a bit. Suddenly something out of the corner of her crossed eye caught her attention. She turned and looked at the sky.

"Is it just me, or are those clouds more ominous then the others…" the Doctor and Ditzy turned to the clouds. The Doctor gulped

"Oh dear…" Suddenly a shape burst out of the clouds. It rose into the sky and hovered as the clouds cleared Princess Luan was visible in all her glory. Her eyes were glowing like Lamplights and she was not happy.

"CELESTIA! TOO LONG YOU HAVE HIDDEN IN YOUR CASTLE, CAUSING TERRIBLE CRIMES AND BLAMING THEM ON US! TOO LONG YOU HAVE MURDERED INNOCENT PONIES FOR THE SAKE OF POWER! TOO LONG YOU HAVE GONE UNGUDGED! YOU HAVE ONE HOUR TO COME MEET US AS EQUALS! IF YOU DO NOT APPEAR BEFORE US BY THAT TIME WE WILL BURN CANTERLOT TO THE GROUND!" with that said she dived beneath the clouds again and disappeared from sight

"OH DEAR!" the Doctor said again loudly before galloping away. Ditzy and Doohickey followed.

"What's the plan?" Ditzy called out. The city of Canterlot was in chaos; ponies were in the street fleeing from their homes and the city, screaming in terror.

"Find Celestia, convince her to meet Luna, divert the attack!"

"And if that doesn't work?" Ditzy asked as a crazed citizen knocked over a fruit stand, which she narrowly dodged.

"Plan B." the Doctor said skidding around a corner.

"What's Plan B?" Ditzy asked

"Still working on it!" the Doctor cried out as they ran towards the castle.

"How can I help?" Doohickey shouted. Both the Doctor and Ditzy skidded to a halt in shock.

"What! Why did… oh never mind, the only way you can help is by finding your aunt and leaving Canterlot!" the Doctor said.

"But!"

"No buts! You're too young to be fighting this fight. You need to go home." Ditzy said putting a hoof on Doohickey's shoulder. "Besides, the Doctor and I have too much to worry about with out adding your safety to the list."

"She's right. Go on, off you trot… ha I just said off you trot! That's hilarious!"

"Doctor! Stay on topic!"

"Right!" the Doctor and Ditzy turned and ran a ways to the castle gate before two white Guard ponies stopped them.

"No pony is allowed in by order of Princess twilight."

"Oh! They're here! Well that's good… alright Plan B!" the doctor said as both he and Ditzy galloped off.

"What is Plan B?!" ditzy cried out in fear

"Find Luna, and convince her not to destroy Canterlot! Oh what a great day this is turning into!" Meanwhile. Doohickey had decided to do some investigating of her own. She bypassed the two guards and flew to the palace windows; she looked in each one before she found the room where Celestia was meeting the Elements of Harmony.


"I don't Like it Twilight… It just ain't right… I don't think we can just blindly follow Celestia no more. She hasn't really been making the right decisions." The orange earth pony, Applejack said uncertainly

" She's the princess, and she has been the princess for a long time, she knows what she's doing Applejack." The purple Alicorn, Twilight said angrily.

"I am going Down and Talking With Luna, Some pony ahs to go talk some sense into her!" the White Unicorn, Rarity said before strutting out of the room and closing the door. Celestia turned her head a fraction of an inch. She was listening intently t the sounds of the ponies in the room with her. She could see them all reflected back in the window.

"Oh twilight, do you really think that Luna will burn down Canterlot?"

"I don't know Fluttershy… but it didn't sound like she had her reservations, besides an hour is plenty of time for the citizen to flee, I don't think she means to hurt anypony."

"That's right, every time we've seen her, she's never meant fur anypony to be harmed, heck, she's been helping them. This Attack is fur Celestia and Celestia alone." Applejack whispered. With this whispered comment they all turned to Celestia, it appeared as though she hadn't heard them. Suddenly a Guard Pony burst in.

"Princess twilight, there's a… er… Delegate her for you."

"Coming, I'll be right back girls." Twilight said before trotting after the guard. Suddenly Luna's voice boomed through the city like thunder.

"CELESTIA! I SEE YOU HAVE SENT A PONY TO SPEAK TO US! OR DID SHE COME OF HER OWN VIOLITION? EITHER WAY IT MATTERS NOT! YOUR HOUR IS ALMOST UP! COME BEFORE US LEST THERE BE WAR!" Everypony turned to Celestia in worry. She appeared unshaken by her sister's words. Doohickey shuddered at the queen's stillness. In her time it always precluded the most horrible acts of violence. Doohickey turned her head towards the windows of history and saw that the window of peace had been boarded up as apposed to being replaced. She breathed out a sigh of relief. It was immediately followed by a scream. Doohickey looked to see Applejack being held up by Celestia's magic as she drained a smoky orange substance out from the earth pony's mouth and nose. Rainbow dash was on the ground being held down. Fluttershy was cowering in a corner while pinkie pie stood off to the side, her hair completely deflated with furious tears streaming down her face. Doohickey couldn't tear her eyes away, even as fireballs fell from the heavens and bat ponies descended upon the city killing the white guards with ease. Celestia had moved unto Rainbow Dash, draining an equally smoky red substance from her as Twilight returned, galloping into the room with fear.

"Luna is attackin…" she gasped as Celestia turned to her, lavender eyes flashing evilly. Doohickey watched as Twilight was incapacitated, held against the wall with magic. Applejack was beginning to stir, and Doohickey could see that her eyes were a dull lifeless grey, before they slowly returned to a normal, if not slightly darker, hue. Suddenly there was a sound as the doors were beaten down. Luna burst into the room with rarity and a legion of dark coated guards and bat ponies. They all froze and flattened their ears as the watched. Celestia suck a smoky pink substance from Twilight. There was a flash of light and Twilight's wings vanished off her body. Celestia spread her own wings and opened her eyes, which now featured cat like slits, and turned to Luna. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie fled from the room in tears, Pinkie in anger, Fluttershy in fear. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and a newly Standing Twilight Sparkle turned to the intruders.

"Get them." Was all Celestia said before the three ponies took attacking stances. Luna took one look at the scene and said one word.

"Run." With that she and the rest of her company ran. Doohickey too, fled from the scene, she flew as fast as her growing wings could carry her, know that this was only the beginning.

Below The Doctor and Ditzy were helping civilians escape. More fireballs were falling from the sky.

"Doctor!" Ditzy was interrupted by an explosion "Doctor we have to go now!" the doctor tuned to her. Suddenly a legion of Luna Soldiers including Rarity ran by, followed by Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, Followed by Luna herself.

"Doctor! Celestia has gone mad! Flee, before she find you as well!" was all Luna cried before jumping onto one of the carts rigged to bat ponies. They carried her away.

"Doctor, please can we go to Ponyville, I want to save my friends!" ditzy cried.

"Alright!" the doctor and Ditzy dashed into the Tardis. In five seconds they were in Ponyville, which was already being harassed by white guards. Luna's guards appeared seconds after they did brandishing spears running at the white guards "wow are they ever quick!"

"Doctor!"

"Right! Who are we looking for?" the Doctor asked

"ugh never mind!" Ditzy said before shooing the doctor back into the Tardis "Lyra! Bon Bon? Where are you guys?"

"Ditzy!" the teal unicorn and cream earth pony came running over

"Oh thank goodness, get into the phone booth I'll explain everything later."

"Got it!" Lyra said before galloping into the phone booth

"Lyra! Wait!" Bon Bon whinnied before galloping after her. Ditzy looked threw the crowd of ponies everywhere. Suddenly a yellow Pegasus stuck out

"Fluttershy! What are you doing here?!" Ditzy cried running up to her

"Oh I was trying to save the animals! I let them all out into the everfree forest, I hope there okay…"

"Everything's going to be fine, head into the blue phone booth, it's safe."

"Oh thank you!" Fluttershy said before galloping towards the Tardis. Ditzy was running through the chaos looking for her friends when a whimper caught her ear. She looked under an apple cart and saw applebloom shivering in fear.

"Applebloom? Why are you here?"

"I was tyrin' to help with the apple sellin', and when Applejack came back I was so excited a ran up to her and hugged her, but she doesn't recognise me no more, sumthin' happened to her, she ain't like herself no more." Applebloom sobbed

"Applejack is here!?"

"Yeah, Rainbow just pulled her and Twilight here, but sumethin's wrong, twilight doesn't have her winds no more!" Ditzy eyes widened. Suddenly Luna cried out over the din.

"RETREAT! All New Lunar Republic Soldiers! Retreat to the Chariots!" Ditzy ran back to the Tardis shielding Applebloom from harm. As she neared it she saw her friends Vinyl Scratch and Octavia running by

"Vinyl! Octavia! Over here!" Ditzy cried out. Vinyl stopped. She turned to Ditzy.

"Sorry Ditz… I'm not the one to sit back and let others do the fighting…" with that single comment Vinyl Jumped into the Chariot and helped Octavia up as they began to more skyward. Ditzy watched them go tears in her eyes. Suddenly spears where being shot at her as well as shot gun bullets from Applejack. She slammed the door of the Tardis behind her.

"This place is Amazing!" Lyra said enthusiastically. Fluttershy wrapped a hoof around Applebloom who was still shaking from shock.

"Yes yes! You've said that a lot already! Ditzy do we have everyone?" the doctor said slightly annoyed. Clearly Lyra had been highly entertained.

"Just go…" ditzy said sadly. The doctor looked at her worriedly, before he pulled the switch down. Ditzy listened as the whirling sound pulled her further and further from what used to be her home.

Author's Note:

Man… this is heavy… whew… took a lot out of me emotionally…blah.

Once again constructive criticism is encouraged.