• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,104 Views, 68 Comments

The Blessed - RarityEQM



Something is very wrong with Pinkie Pie...

  • ...
2
 68
 1,104

1

She just had to make it through her shift. No problem. She'd done it before, she could do it again. She would do it again. She had to do it again. Pinkie stared miserably into the mirror, past the pretty blue eyes that stared back at her. There were bags under those eyes, even more than last time. Heavy industrial sized bags, containing the weight of endless regret. Her cotton candy mane was frazzled with split ends and errant strands waving this way and that. Her fur was shaggy and unkempt. She smelled like coffee. Her room was a mess. She was a mess. But that was fine. She just needed to make it through her shift. She could do that, couldn't she? It would be fun. All she had to do was have fun. That was second nature. That was easy. She could make it. She just needed more sugar. That was all. That was the answer. More.

On the dresser was a simple white plate with a double frosted chocolate fudge cupcake with extra chocolate sprinkles. The sort of teeth rotting sugary confection that could keep a pony on a sugar rush for hours. She had to have it. She hiccuped and caught herself gazing into the mirror again, staring at a pony she didn't recognize. She started to sniffle. Nope. No. Not going to cry. No. Eat the cupcake. She ate the cupcake and immediately felt sick. Today was going to be hard. She could feel it. She tossed her sights towards the clock. Nine fifty. Time to open the shop. She'd wolf down another cupcake during her break, just to be safe. She could make it. She had to.