• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,089 Views, 68 Comments

The Blessed - RarityEQM



Something is very wrong with Pinkie Pie...

  • ...
2
 68
 1,089

16

Pinkie staggered towards the town hall, stifling a yawn and biting back whimpers with every step. Everything hurt. But that was alright. It would all be over soon anyway.

You're close, Pinkie

She could hear the voice in her head again. Her conscience screaming at her. An audio hallucination she was sure, but it urged her to save as many as she could all the same. She couldn't stop. The work wasn't finished. She had to force herself forward.

The plaza was empty. It had grown late. The moon was peeking past clouds high in the sky. Pinkie smiled. She'd always liked the moon. It was big and round and bright. It was a shame more ponies didn't take in its splendor. She groaned and reached a hoof up and slapped herself across the face when she felt herself nodding off. She wasn't going to let exhaustion stop her. No. She would rest once the work was complete. She was sure she wasn't thinking straight, hallucinating, and tired, but the voice demanded her to keep going. She would keep going. She had to keep going. She couldn't stop now. She couldn't stop.

Soon

Pinkie sat down on the steps and glanced around. Not a pony to be seen. She closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath. This is where it happened. Where the Sun Celebration would take place in the morning. This is where all of the ponies gathered around. This is where everypony died.

She could see the dream vividly in her head. She could see everypony waiting patiently for the sun to come up. Early in the morning. She could see how tired they were. She could see the barrels of fireworks they shot off the night before. She could see the barrel of magic flares they kept in the basement, along with other things to celebrate events. Banners and ribbons and lanterns and lights. She never quite understood how the fire started. That part was always fuzzy in her head. But the end result was always the same: An explosion would echo through Town Hall and the whole place would suddenly collapse. The mayor never did manage to collect that money for the repairs. The blast would destroy what little support the building had left, crumbling the walls and eating the foundation. It would come crashing down atop everypony gathered near by.

Ponies were buried under rubble and debris. Some suffocating. Others impaled by shards of glass from windows. Blood was everywhere. Ponies were screaming in pain and begged for help while other ponies furiously tried to dig out crushed foals and relatives. All the while the fire burned furiously at what was left of the building under a cloud of choking smoke and blinding dust.

You can't let this happen

Pinke's head hurt. For some reason, it felt like the past weeks had been leading up to this. Accident after accident, sure, but then there was the fire at the house. Then the explosion in the basement. It felt like everything fell into place like some dark and twisted puzzle she was piecing together. She swallowed and gently pulled herself up to her hooves and peered up at the building. It was a shame, really. She rather liked the Town Hall. She thought it was a pretty building. Almost like a miniature castle with waving, colorful flags at the top of it. A miniature castle that would end up killing everypony in town if Pinkie didn't do something about it.

This is the only way

Nopony would believe her if she told them. If she warned them that a building was going to collapse, they'd laugh and tell her she was just being silly. Too much sugar. That's what they always did. That's what they always said. Nopony listened to the silly pink party pony. Not when the Parasprites invaded. Not when she tried to prove her powers to Twilight. Nopony ever listened. She smirked at the thought Twilight. Ha. She'd dreamt of their encounter in her room. She knew she was going to sit with her at Sugar Cube Corner. She knew Twilight was going to try and stop her. She had to strike first. She had too. In one of her dreams, Twilight met her at the Town Hall. She caught her off guard and hit her with that blasted Slumber spell, putting her to sleep and dooming everypony around.

Pinkie paused and sat up a little straighter, peering around the plaza. The place was still empty. Twilight had not shown up. Of course not, she was unconscious. Pinkie made sure of that, but was it enough? If Twilight wasn't here to stop her, did that change the future? Would the building still collapse now that she'd chosen an alternate route?

Do it, Pinkie

The answer was obvious to her. It was simple, really. It was better to be safe than sorry. The building couldn't collapse on ponies if there wasn't a building there to begin with. All Pinkie had to do was burn it to the ground.