• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 5,644 Views, 173 Comments

"Tomboys Don't Fall in Love!" - Luvbuttonmash

  • ...
11
 173
 5,644

Chapter 8

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm actually doing this! Rainbow thought as she slow danced with Soarin. Her fellow classmates looked at both of them as if to say, 'Finally,' and both of them knew. It didn't mean they were together, though. Dash apparently was way too cool to have a boyfriend. Yet, dancing with Soarin did seem nice to her, something that she hasn't felt in a long time...

"Uh, Dash, the song is over," Soarin said, slowly letting go of her. She opened her eyes and quickly broke away from him, a nervous smile on her face. She pushed some of her hair behind her ear and blushed, looking at his eyes.

"That was...pretty nice. You're a good dancer, you know," Rainbow said, walking out of the living room with him.

"Hey, you're not bad yourself," Soarin said

"Really? Because I never slow danced with anyone before. Sort of a first time for me, which is not surprising, considering...everything I'm good at a first try," she bragged with a laugh.

"Just accept the compliment," he joked.

They were leaning on the wall, sighing and talking the whole night. As Soarin talked, Rainbow kept looking back at the kitchen, imagining her friends laughing about this new experience with her. She had never felt this way about anyone before, and both she and they knew it. The tension in the air rising between them every time there was an awkward silence, the blushing ALL the time, the giggling and imagining things. She was really started to accept that she was in love with him.

After the party was over, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainblw Dash were the ones left to clean up the mess all of the students made, but not without a little bit of talking.

"You two were so adorbs out there!" Pinkie said, picking up each empty red cup on the floor.

"I don't know. I mean, I know I'm a good dancer, but that was different. It actually felt...nice," she said, washing the dishes in the kitchen.

"See? What did I tell you? All you needed to do was dance with him. And I agree with Pinkie. You two looked absolutely marvelous out there!" Rarity said, stepping over the trash and cleaning the counters and tables with gloves and a dish towel.

"You guys, I really don't wanna talk about what happened," Rainbow said, rinsing off each dish. She put the dishes on the dish rack and rinsed her hands off, drying them and starting to help the two with the other trash.

"Don't be ashamed, Dashie! It's okay if you dance with a boy. No one will judge you. Especially not ME!" Pinkie said cheerfully, using her hair to sweep up the floor. Rainbow grabbed a broom and dustpan and started to sweep the kitchen.

"Besides, you must have already known that we would talk about this to you," Rarity said, dusting the tables off.

"So, to get of that topic, what did you guys do while I was talking to Soarin?" Rainbow said, trying to change the subject.

"Well, I was dancing and trying to keep everyone happy! Because, ya know, I'm the host," Pinkie said, scooting her head across the floor.

"Well, while she was doing that, I got a chance to talk to Thunderlane," Rarity said with a blush on her face.

"But he's not even your type. I honestly don't understand why you would want to go out with him. What's wrong with you? No offense to him, though," Rainbow said with an eyebrow raised

Rarity stopped cleaning and looked at Rainbow Dash."You know, Rainbow Dash, I'm not NOT going to like a boy just because he doesn't like fashion or because he isn't as classy as I am. There's more to him than you think. YOU weren't the one talking to him all night. I was. You were talking to YOUR crush while I was talking to mine. And You want to know what I found out? He lives with his uncle and brother because their parents died. He's caring and he looks out for him 24/7 because all his uncle ever does is shelter them with a house that isn't even clean. He is surprisingly smarter than most people think, and another thing. He's CUTE. So if you'll excuse me, I'll just keep cleaning while YOU figure out what you really know about your man." She responded, picking up where she left off. Both Pinkie's and Rainbow Dash's mouths were wide open, full of shock. They looked at each other, then back a Rarity. She looked back at them.

"What?" She asked. Both shook their heads out of shock and returned to cleaning. It was quiet for the rest of the evening.


Maybe Rarity's right. I should get to know Soarin more. Even though I've know him for practically ALL MY LIFE, I don't really know much about him. But how can I do that? Rainbow thought as she was lying on her bed. The words still lingered around her mind. All of a sudden, her ANNOYING brother walked into her room.

"Yo Rainbow, wanna hear about my date with Golden Voice? Man, her name does not lie," Blitz said.

"Go away, Blitz. I don't need to hear about you stupid dates," she said, putting a pillow over her head.

"C'mon, Dash. I know you want to," Blitz said, smiling.

"I said GO AWAY," Rainbow started to groan through her pillow.

"Alright, fine. But this isn't over," he said, walking out of her bedroom.

"Whatever," she said, taking the pillow off of her head.

Wait. A date? Yeah! I can ask him out on a date! That's perfect! Oh Rainbow Dash, you genius! she though in her head. She smiled.

I'll ask him tomorrow.


Rainbow walked down the halls of the school, a smile on her face as she thought about exactly what she was going to ask Soarin. She was going up to his locker when she saw someone already talking to him.

"So it's a new restaurant. It's perfect for a date. You're gonna come, right?" She asked.

"Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world," Soarin said, closing his locker.

"Great! So it's a date! See ya later!" She said skipping to the other side of the hallway. On the side, Rainbow frowned, trying her best not to cry. She closed her eyes, and tried to suck it up. She opened them back up and put her game face on.

Oh it is SO on, she thought

Author's Note:

Oh? You honestly thought it would be that easy for Rainbow and Soarin to get together.

I'm going to THAT direction.

Sit back, ladies and gentlemen.

It's gonna be a BUMPY ride.