• Published 5th Mar 2015
  • 5,644 Views, 173 Comments

"Tomboys Don't Fall in Love!" - Luvbuttonmash

  • ...
11
 173
 5,644

Chapter 6

Everyone was on the bleachers as they were cheering on their appropriate teams which were on the field. The Wondercolts basically practiced the whole day, for today was the big game.

"Let's go Wondercolts! You're fast like a lightning bolt!" The cheerleading squad cheered on. Pinkie was in front of the bleachers with a megaphone in her hand.

"WHO ARE WE?!" She screamed through it.

"WONDERCOLTS!" Everyone shot back. Screams and cheers were heard across the field as another point for the Wondercolts was gained.

The cheerleaders sang their cheer again as Rainbow and her friends watched the game from afar. Rainbow was still mad about not being able to play in the game, of course. But that memory of her and Soarin- it just didn't feel right to her.

"Everything alright, sugar cube?" Applejack slightly yelled over the eager crowd. Rainbow glanced at her and brushed the thought off, respondin with a bland 'no.'

"Are ya sure? Ya look freaked out," Applejack said. It was true. She seemed very sensitive with her skin every time someone touched her, especially when that someone was Soarin. Something different happened yesterday, and she was freaking out over it, but she couldn't tell her friends. She knew they would tell her to talk to him and Rarity would be on her case every time she talked to Soarin.

"Hello? Is Rainbow Dash there?" Applejack said, waving a hand in her face. Rainbow was immediately snapped back into reality.

"W-what?!" Rainbow stammered. All of her friends looked at her with concern now. She blushed in embarrassment, but quickly brushed off as she brought herself to a pose of which to convince her friends that she was alright, putting both hands on the bench and leaning back, watching the game.

"I'm fine, Applejack. No need to worry about me," she said with a smile. Her friends looked at each other, shrugged, and went back to watching the game.

Thirty minutes passed when the coach blew his whistle, signaling that it was halftime. Rainbow thought it was the perfect opportunity to get snacks at the snack bar.

"I'll be right back," she told her friends. She ran towards the bar to get the healthiest thing there: a granola bar. She gave the cashier her money, and in return, she gave her the bar. She went back to her seat to join the conversation her friends were having.

"Did you all see Thunderlane out there? Absolutely amazing! He scored a goal!" Rarity squealed.

"Seems like someone has a crush," Applejack said.

Rarity blushed furiously and crossed her arms, turning her head away,"I do not."

"Sure you don't, Rarity. I bet you were staring at him the whole time," Rainbow taking another bite of her granola bar.

"Oh really? And I bet you were looking at Soarin the whole time as well," Rarity shot back. The group looked at her as she blushed. She was thinking about it again.

"Was not! Why would I look at him?" Rainbow said, knowing well that she was looking at him the whole time she thought about yesterday.

"It's okay, Rainbow. there's no need to be embarrassed," Fluttershy said.

"Yeah. Did ya like his, uh, game playing?" Applejack asked. She blushed harder.

"I-It was alright. I could've done better," Rainbow stammered again.

"Well, okay. See? Nothin to be ashamed about. The only thing that matters is that-"

"WE'RE BEATING THE GRIFFONS, GUYS! WE CAN DO THIS! C'MON! LET ME HEAR THAT SCHOOL SPIRIT!" Pinkie yelled through the megaphone. Everyone cheered as the teams came back out, ready to play the second half of the game.

"-what she said," Applejack finished her sentence.

"You're right, Applejack. Who cares about who's doing better than the others? All that matters is that we're winning!" Rainbow stood up from her seat and yelled,"GO WONDERCOLTS!" Her shout caught Soarin's attention. He glanced at her, and she stared at him. This kept going on as they both started to blush, until Applejack pulled her back down, which caused Soarin to put his focus back on to the game.

"Yeah, yeah. Nice way to show your school spirit, though," Applejack said. Rainbow took her hat and covered up her face. She knew that she was still blushing.

"What in tarna- Rainbow, give me my hat back!" She said, snatching the hat from her hands. Only then she noticed that she was blushing.

"Uh, Rainbow, why are ya blushing?" Applejack asked. Rainbow blushed harder. She took her jacket off and put it over her head.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Rainbow said. She heard muffled sounds until someone pulled her jacket up to show her face.

"Rarity's gonna take you to the bathroom, sugarcube," Applejack said. Rainbow stood up and Rarity grabbed her hand as they made their way to the bathroom.

"What was that all about?" Fluttershy asked Applejack.

"I have no idea, but Rarity's gonna figure that out," Applejack responded.


Rarity checked each stall to make sure no one was there. After, she turned to Rainbow and told her to spill the beans.

"It's nothing, really," Rainbow said, looking the other way. This was a tell of hers, so Rarity knew she was lying.

"Lies," Rarity said. Rainbow hugged her friend tightly and started to cry a bit.

"I-I don't know what's happening to me, Rarity! All of a sudden I was blushing and giggling and daydreaming and just—acting like a girl!" She said. Rarity was shocked. She never heard this kind of talk from her friend. She hugged back.

"It's okay Rainbow. You're a teenager. You're supposed to have those feelings. It's normal," Rarity said to her broken down friend. She wiped her tears away.

"Oh great! Now I'm crying over nothing! What's happening to me, Rares?" She asked.

"Well, over the description of your dilemma, from the blushing to the day dreaming, unless you were daydreaming about something—romantic—I'll just say you're a teenage girl going through puberty," Rarity said and smiled. Rainbow pulled away and bit her lip and looked the other way, putting both of her hands on the counter.

"Rainbow, what's wrong?" Rarity asked.

"What you said there. About, you know, my day dream," she mumbled that last part and blushed. Rarity heard it.

"What did you daydream about, darling?" Rarity asked.

"I'd rather not say."

"Rainbow, you have to tell me everything so I can help you," Rarity said, touching her shoulder.

"Okay," she took a deep breath and told her everything. About the walk she and Soarin had. About how she giggled and grabbed Soarin. About how she looked at those bright green eyes that sparkled when she looked at him. About how she imagined him almost kissing her. About how her brother teased her because of it.

"Oh, my," Rarity mumbled.

"What is it, Rarity?" She asked.

"Well, if I'm not mistaken, I think you're showing signs of affection towards, uh, Soarin. Which means-" she stopped herself.

"Which means what?" She asked impatiently.

"-you're in love," Rarity finished.