• Published 7th Mar 2015
  • 1,537 Views, 22 Comments

Love's many directions - Lunasservant1985



A human immigrant seeking work in Equestria is smitten with the music and personality of one Octavia Melody, but suspects it all may be for naught when he sees she is very close to another mare one night...or is it?

  • ...
14
 22
 1,537

You only hurt the one's you love

I looked down at my arms and almost fainted at what I was seeing. My arms where now transparent and glowing a soft purple, my whole body was completely see through, and I had the appearance of a walking, unfinished animation outline. As if they had my outline drawn and animated but forgot to add decent color besides a neon purple outline. Astral projection? Not very original but effective Princess.



"So now what?" I asked her doing a few tricks in the air in my new weightless form.



"We return to where your anxieties and fears last manifested themselves," I'm sure you know what that means. She said not amused by my floating/flying and instead taking it upon herself to nudge the window open, "Come."


I followed her to the window; outside there where a lot more astral projections like us, it was like looking at a ghost version of Ponyville as transparent glowing ponies trotted, flew and mingled around, a mixing of so many of the almost ghost like ponies. glowing and shimmering of various colors and shades.


"Dreams, what you see are the dreams of every sleeper in Equestria all playing out as every individual dreamer sees them, mixed up and combined to you and I...But each dreamer sees their own independently....mostly," She told me as we moved among the masses of dreams. There where several varieties; outside the dentist office, a mare with a blue and white glow and a mane that looked like a dollop of toothpaste, was picking her teeth off the ground as more and more of them kept falling out of her mouth, A stallion with a brownish-yellow glow fidgeted with a strange device that looked almost electronic in the square while muttering to himself about "blasted K-9," (saying the k and nine separately) and as we made our way back to the house where my guilt lay, The one who lassoed me, Applejack was looking smugly and pridefully with a group of tired farm hands resting against their tools. I heard her softly mutter something about "having bagged that critter good," and I knew what she meant.


"She and I where having the same dream Luna?" I asked trying not to shudder at the thought of what a mare like that would be like awake.



"In a way; your dream attracted a lot of other dreamers to it, some of them having completely different dreams before your own became the spectacle of the "killer falcon creature from the woods," In some ways, the roles they played in destroying you was a nightmare to you, but a good and satisfying dream to them." she said almost oddly enough...amused at the thought.



"sounds pretty sick to me, this how they get their sick kicks when their short of dragons or Minotaur's attacking the towns? Or some washed up wizard trying to use them as an alchemy ingredient to turn them into gold?" I asked making my way back to the haunting path around the tree the DJ and Cellist called home, where just an hour ago I killed one of them.



"More like a call to arms, and a dutiful servitude..but I'd be lying if I denied that a few more...ambitious dreams didn't enjoy it." she said phasing through the gate. Crumpled in a heap on the lawn in the dark was another astral being, only this one had a fiery red and jet black glow, it didn't move much until I got close to it, it turned its head to me and i gazed into an abyss of two large, birdlike eyes.


I was looking at the falcon like form I had taken in the dream; now a shadow of itself lying in a crumpled, broken heap. If projections could bleed; I'm sure this thing would have been. I cautiously made my way over to it...me? myself?



"IT..can't see you, it can't even speak, it's like unto a being that is dead but not dead...because you..."


"can't kill emotions," I said finishing for her. "You can only either shutter them away or face them." I finished gazing into those eyes; the cold un-moving eyes that where a gateway to a gazing pool of anger, frustration, confusion, and a hint of jealousy. A Repressed history not worth (for my own reasons) going over. Beyond just how they made me feel remorse and shame for who I used to be and how I used to feel, and maybe in a little tiny way still did. I just wanted to get the damned thing out of my head.


Luna wasn't angry, not with me. She seemed to understand that I hadn't meant to become this...thing. She trotted over beside me and one of her allicorn wings landed as gently as a fall leaf from the treetops on my shoulder. A warm gesture of genuinely caring for me.



"What is it that you really want to dream about little one? I know you inside and out...this creature...it's not the real you....think hard, focus and create what you truly desire, put all those notions and negative thoughts away, throw them to the wind." As her words ran through my head, the red creature seemed to come apart' its lines that made up its astral body unwinding like bits of yarn, and the bits flew away in the breeze. As it did so, something else seemed to change.




The surroundings of Ponyville started melting, everything around me just seemed to dissolve like a watercolor picture being washed away because the artist was unsatisfied with what he had painted. until I was left standing the total blackness, an empty void where I had the silence to final contemplate and let my mind find peace and tranquility. It wasn't long before the light returned; and I was back in the middle of town the night slowly giving away to the dawn the membrane that separates the dream-stride and the real world dissipating, Luna the only one that seemed to stay solid even with the sisters changing domains.




"The sun of my sister is rising, time's almost up." Is all she said, not coldly or harshly but more...concerned.




"Take me home Luna, I'm feeling...a bit better, reassured at the very least."


"Do you still feel like?"



"Less so." I answered her. Just like that I was no longer standing the middle of Ponyville, but I was home. Soundly awake in my bed, sunlight streaming in the window and giving the room light. I sat up in bed feeling quite refreshed and rested when two objects fell out of my blanket. one was A note I unfolded and scanned through carefully.



My dear Subject



Hope this finds you well, hope I helped you prepare yourself for this evening...oh surely you haven't forgotten?



As if by magic of reading the note three rectangular pieces of paper fell out of the back of the note, turning them over in my hand showed they where tickets for the grand opening of an amusement plaza on the waterfront.



Thought it be a nice change of pace to your plans if your interested, I'm sure they will be more than happy to join you there,

feel better, hopefully you have a clearer sense of mind now. Also get back to me and let me know how things went ok?



PRINCESS LUNA




ps disc one track 2.



I didn't get what she meant by that as another piece of paper feel out of the not seemingly out of nowhere it was blank save for a few words scrawled across the top.


Dear Princess Luna...


I picked the other object up and looked over it in my hands, suddenly her P.S made a lot more sense, for the object was a CD. A CD of the Frampton Bee Gee's Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band.









I put the first disc in my old reliable CD player and skipped to track two, it was very fitting.

As I stood there in my room the morning sun and the crisp morning air seemed to come into the room, mixing with that music of a long bygone era I had never personally seen. The feeling of being rejuvenated all the more present; from out my window I could see the still empty but slowly waking streets of Canterlot, and beyond that far but not too far in distance ponyville, and I couldn't have been any happier if Octavia herself was there with me and singing the melody personally.

Author's Note:

Almost done but exactly when is a secret to everyone, I probably should have asked this way back when I first posted the story but any comments or feedback is more than welcome, just please be constructive if you're going to criticize; nothing like "No, no, go back to third grade English and try again" please? Thank you.