• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 3,019 Views, 30 Comments

Labyrinth of Chaos - ADenter1



The story of the Labyrinth. With Fluttercord of course

  • ...
8
 30
 3,019

Chaos and Kindness... Wait what?

CHAPTER FOUR: Chaos and Kindness... Wait what?

Discord felt bored and quite frankly irritated. It had happened again, and yet that wasn’t the worst of it. The worst part was that the dragon, Spyro or Spike whichever it was, had seen him looking at the mare. At Fluttershy. He felt flustered but more irritated.

He remembered back on the tree, he had seen her being gentle and soothing with her brother who wouldn’t stop crying. Though he smirked when she finally remembered the line to the book and wished him away. What irritated him was the child’s nonstop crying. Granted he stopped during their little music session, but that hadn’t kept him from continuing it after that.

“Sir, that pony has separated from the dragon,” one of the Changelings, a male one, spoke bowing his head.

“And?” he asked, focusing more on the pony.

“She’s found an Orthoros, she’s at the two doors. Last time she went through that she went through the wrong door. What if she goes through the right one? She’ll end up just outside the castle!” the Changeling questioned.

“We’ll cross that road when we come to it,” Discord shrugged, tapping his bird claw on his cheek. More idiots. I thought Changelings would be wiser than the Diamond Dogs. Clearly not. He mentally rolled his cinnamon eyes.

The King of Chaos thought about the mare the first time he saw her, well face to face anyway. She had been frightened yet she stood her ground. He couldn’t care less about the child, Dapper Sunlight, it was mostly about her. He felt his mind boggle and distance itself when he thought about her. He resented it but at the same time it felt right to him. It didn’t make any sense at all.

Great, now I’m going against my own words. He shook his head. “So that’s a no then?” a voice snapped him out of his train of thought. When he came back into reality it felt like he’d been hit and run over by a train.

“I beg your pardon?” he asked, his misshapen eyes darting to the creature in front of him. “Oh great...” he muttered. The creature in front of him ceased to be a dragon, it wasn’t a Changeling, it wasn’t a Diamond dog, not even a pony. But a Zebra.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“I believe within your thoughts you ignore me, and although I do not know what you think I still see,” she smirked, her dark teal eyes shining with amusement.

“Oh and what is it you see?” Discord rolled his eyes for what felt like the thousandth time that day.

“You looking like a colt looking at a filly, even the slightest crush can make the great Chaos King silly,” she chuckled.

Her words made his heart skip a beat. “I have no idea what you speak of,” he spoke quickly. To quickly.

“You deny the feeling, even though the very thought of her blasts through the ceiling,” she looked to the stone ceiling.

He felt embarrassed now. He cast a spell on every Diamond dog, Changeling, and just about every other creature he could think of. To bad he forgot Zebras. “The mare is rather exquisite and unique in looks and beauty, and I can tell you think of her more than just a cutie,” she came her traditional smirk.

“Setting your ridiculous rhymes aside, what were you talking about? Me saying no to what now?” he asked, wishing to talk of anything else.

“Does not matter, I can tell you are trying to change the course of our conversation with mere chatter,” she narrowed her eyes, sitting in front of his large throne.

“I still don’t know what you were talking about. But what were you talking about before, when I was... Deep into thought,” he pressed.

“If that is what you desire, but with me you cannot be a liar,” she shrugged. “What I was speaking of before, was how the spell has shaken you to your very core,” she spoke, looking him.

“Will you stop with the rhymes. I--” he was awestruck for a moment, it prevented him from saying the rest of his sentence.

He stared at her in astonishment. A frown on his lips and a surprised look in his eyes. She looked at him blankly like she expected him to know about it, and as though he was meant to confess to something. “Spell?” he questioned, narrowing his eyes at her.

“The spell had cast itself upon you, do not think that I or another had something to do with it yet my words are very true,” Zecora spoke with a small shrug of her shoulders.

“What spell? Woman did you do something to me?!” he stared at her, if looks could kill Zecora the Zebra would be dead.

“I may perform a certain kind of spell, I have rituals and traditions, but I have done nothing to with your heart as it may swell, do not look at me with such suspicions,” she said, her eyes looking at him as innocent as a newborn.

“Well then what spell, clearly not by you by all means, happened and affected me?” he questioned, sarcasm on his tongue.

She looked at him as though he was a a King’s Fool instead of a King. “You cease to know the truth when it is before you, the mare of cotton candy hair, teal eyes like the stormiest ocean, coat of creamy buttermilk, for what lies between you two is ever so true?” she tilted her head to the side as she spoke.

“I--” he was interrupted by the Zebra.

“I will take no more of your lies, you cannot hide it from me, I can see that your eyes show your happiness and show endless skies,” she sighed softly with a shake of her head.

“What does that last sentence mean? Even though all of your words are pointed to an nonexistent thing,” he placed his head in his bird hand, resting his elbow on the arm of the throne.

“When you think of that mare you find peace and happiness, as you no longer feel sadness, and you leave your Chaotic madness,” she stated, looking at him through unamused eyes.

“Are you saying I’m--” once again he was interrupted.

“She flies with grace for she and her heart are as gentle as a dove, and you King Discord of Chaos are in love,” she smiled, a gleam in her dark orbs.

Discord was stumped. Unsure of what to do, feel, or say. He thought about it. He would deny it to the witch for as long as he would be alive, and that would be eternity so he was good. Her not so much. Eventually her time would come and he wouldn’t have to deal with somebody giving him wild accusations. “I do not lie, I am Discord Master and King of Chaos, I am not in love and this is not something I just deny,” he smirked as she glared at him.

“What can’t a guy speak in rhymes? And do not accuse me for something I did not do, I have committed no crimes,” his smirk stayed as she shook her head irritably.

“I can read you as easily as a book, you have a thing for that mare it may not be love now but it will easily turn to that, I can tell by your face and that look,” she walked to his throne.

“I am Discord, Master and King of Chaos. I do not love. I rule and conquer, rule, and conquer some more. I love no pony, and besides she is mere amusement to me. Trying to hard to save her little brother who she wished away by herself. I did not make her do it, she did it on her own accident or no accident. She was given thirteen hours in the beginning, now she’s left with eight,” he looked at the large grandfather clock.

Zecora merely stared at him. “What?” he groaned.

“Deny it all you like, despite how you think of the mare, but the truth will come even if the truth is something you dislike. Though I doubt it will be something you despise, but do me a small favor; When the time comes to not ignore Fluttershy’s cries,” she turned around and began walking to the large mahogany wooden doors that would lead into the large maze of hallways and eventually find her way out of the castle, into and out of the Chaos City.

“Wait what cries?” he asked, though she did not answer.

“CMC,” she murmured softly, he barely caught her words.

“CMC?” he questioned, but the Zebra was already gone.

He used his magic to hear what was going on in the labyrinth, mostly where the mare was. He saw that she was giving the giant Orthoros, Dolu and Ulod, a hug, belly scratch, chin scratch, and both heads were saying the words ‘Fluttershy’ and ‘Friend’ it confused him. That Zebra is full of lies... I am Discord, Master and King of Chaos, I rule and creature havoc only. He shook his head. Though the thought of the mare had not left his mind.

For quite a while now it had been there, it had been frustrating and now because both Spike had seen his staring and Zecora knew he had no idea what to say or do. “That mere mare is no match for me...” he muttered under his breath.

“Mare?” a voice startled him.

“Again? You know how to surprise ponies and creatures don’t you?” he growled to the Zebra. “What do you want now?” he asked. “And don’t tell me that its about your wild accusations of nothing,” he pointed an accusing lion finger at her.

“I merely came to get my bag, sorry if this is a bit of a nag,” Zecora picked her brown bag up in her teeth and slung it on her back.

“Wait before you go again what did you mean cries?” he stopped her as she turned around.

“So someone does listen to the warnings of a friend, for a moment I truly believed you would ignore her and the mare would meet her end,” she stared at him.

“What did you mean!?” he growled at her.

“I mean when the time comes hope you are listening in to her. Give help when it is a need, do not ignore when the mare will plead,” Zecora rhymed.

Stupid rhymes... Can’t just tell me what the problem is. he listened in again with his magic, Fluttershy was still talking with the Orthoros. Nobody’s crying, verbally or like the brat usually does. What’s the the problem... He noticed the zebra was still looking at him.

“What?” he questioned.

“A mare gentle as the dove, will make the Chaos King fall in love. It is strange though, Chaos and Kindness, and yet it is a spark that will certainly glow,” she smirked, walking out of the doors before he could say or do anything. Discord swore he heard her say 'Chaos and Kindness’ once more.

“She gets on my nerves to much...” he growled under his breath. “But then again don’t they all?” he asked himself, shaking his head.

He sat back in his throne, remembering all the times they encountered each other. In the room when she wished away her brother and in the dungeon or oubliette of the Diamond Dogs. He knew they would meet again, it was frustrating especially with what was happening, but it would be required. He doubted she would get to the castle and her brother before her thirteen hours were up but it was still a chance. She was closer than she thought.

Discord thought about what Zecora had said. Though he despised that she seemed to know a lot, way to much in his opinion, she was right about something even though he would deny it until he was turned to stone for a thousand years and even after that. “Chaos and Kindness...” he mumbled.

He doubted those two things would come together. Kindness was an element of harmony and Chaos was the exact opposite of harmony. “Chaos and Kindness,” he murmured again.

Looking to the ceiling he saw that it was like a portrait. Made by him. It was the mare indeed, he hated the fact that Zecora had seen it and it wouldn’t even matter if he cast a spell on her. She’d seen it and that was probably another reason as to why she knew, or the only reason at all, whichever it was it allowed her to know. What Fluttershy had quoted from the book had been very true. The part with the King who was sympathetic with the mare, though it wasn’t exactly sympathy he had in his mind.

He snapped his fingers and a glass of chocolate milk appeared in his hand and a new portrait appeared next to the first one. “Rover!” he called to the Diamond dog.

“Yes sire?” he asked, Spot behind him.

I did not ask for Spot. Oh well. He thought. “Send word to the guards, in case the mare does show up she will need to be stopped, and keep an eye out for the dragon as well,” he ordered.

“Yes sire,” both dogs bowed before scampering off.

“She will be in for quite a surprise that mare, such a beautiful one she is, and she is one of those who forever remain rare,” he muttered, though he smirked at the thought. He knew Zecora would either scowl or mock. He preferred to think of it as a scowl.

“Sire!” a Changeling appeared in the room.

“What now?” he asked, not wanting to hear any more stupid questions.

“You have a letter, from Zecora,” he handed him a scroll.

Discord took it in his hands. “Very funny for you to say, you have listened while my friend, though I warn you if you do that again you will indeed pay,” he read aloud. “Annoying striped pony,” he scowled, turning the scroll into dust.

“Sire you have another letter from Zecora!” Fido handed him another letter. He took it and read it just like the first.

“I warn you, you spoiled brat, my ears are stronger than you think and that is how I heard that.”

He glared at the paper and turned that one to flames. “Get out of my sight,” he ordered both the dog and the Changeling. They flew and ran out of the throne room. “Chaos and Kindness... Chaos and Kindness...” he kept repeating as he sat back into his chair. “Chaos and Kindness....” he repeated once more.

“Wait what?” he questioned himself. “Zecora....” he growled.

“Sire!” Rover came in holding a scroll.

“If it’s from Zecora I do not care!” he growled to the dog.

“Eh... what do you want done with it?” the dog questioned, green eyes wide.

“Put the scroll down and get out of my sight,” he ordered.

The dark grayish brown dog left and he opened the letter. “Not to brag but I told you so, now you must figure out your issue and go,” the letter read. Like the last one he turned it to flames. Stupid annoying zebra... He shook his head. Chaos and Kindness. An unlikely combination, yet it can make an interesting creation..................................................................................................................................................