• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 704 Views, 9 Comments

Lyra in wonderland. - Appl3dashie



A... different thing to Alice in wonderland.

  • ...
2
 9
 704

The lady and the caterpillar.

Lyra stared at the caterpillar who hadn't even noticed the unicorn yet. She coughed trying to grab his attention but he didn't even blink. "Hello." No response. "Hello!" She snapped. Still nothing. "ARE YOU BLOODY DEAF OR WHAT?"

"Oh good evening I didn't notice you ma'am." Lyra sighed.

Is he acting or is he actually this stupid? "Sup. I'm Lyra Heartstrings." She said bowing down.

"What is a beautiful mare doing around here?" he started raising his eyebrows. Was he... interested in her?

"I come from a land called Equestria. And I've seemed to have lost my way to the castle..." She stared at the blue caterpillar who was now coming towards her.

"Equestria... Sounds a beautiful place! I must say... has anyone told you how beautiful you are?"

"Uh well... Black Stone fancies me and... Noteworthy keeps on staring at me and now I think Apple Cinnamon is starting to get interested in me..."

"Oh but none of them are perfect for a mare like you..." He started picking up her hoof.

"Yeah I like Coco Cruso most of all."

"And does he like you?"

"I can't tell and-WATCH IT!" She slapped the wretched caterpillar away from her mouth.

"Oh but why can't I kiss you?" He smiled softly at her.

"W-wait... You like me?"

"Yes dear... I love you..."

"OH I'M GETTING THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" She bucked the caterpillar away sending him flying into a mushroom.

"Wait!" But Lyra was already running through the bushes.

"M-Must make it to the castle..." She panted. She heard a pair of wings flying after her. The caterpillar landed in front of her. But instead he had two bright orange wings lined with charcoal black.

"Get back here my lady!" He flew up to her and pinned her down.

"Nope!" She teleported behind him and gave him an ULTRA SMACKDOWN!
To keep it short lets just say... He didn't follow her after that.

She headed west to see if the castle was there but saw something much more awesome. It was a mushroom. I mean not any plain old mushroom. It was a pastel pink that shone brighter the closer someone got to it. Lyra stared at the mushroom for what seemed like forever finally she decided to lick the mushroom. Since it was nearly touching any cloud that passed it in the sky she licked it on the stem.

"EEEW! Salty and sour!" She coughed and spluttered and wheezed and choked and gasped and lots of other words. Just when she thought she'd die her left hoof. It grew! Bigger then two mansions put together! Then her right hoof grew as big as the other hoof. When she thought she was going to be SUPER LYRA once more her body shrunk. I don't mean small... I mean smaller then this text!. And the worst part of all her hair turned lilac with orange streaks. All that hard work of dying her mane! Now she looked absolutely horrid! "What the..." Lyra stared at her body and her two hooves that were so freakishly massive. "I look so... weird..." She stumbled over because of the weight of her hooves. As she fell over she ate a white flower that was laying on the ground.

Her mane turned back into pastel green and the orange turned into white. Her oh so freakishly big hooves went smaller and smaller until they matched her body. And her body grew and grew until it was back to normal. She spotted a plant with the white flowers from before growing on it and decided to pick some of them. She then ripped a few pieces of the mushroom of using her horn and kept them as well. She had a pocket in her fur that appeared when she needed it. She wandered off again thinking she could eventually find someone who wasn't crazy or deaf.

She trudged through bushes and past trees. It seemed so quiet... yet full of life. Lyra wished Discord would magically appear and take her home. And he did. In her mind. She felt that if she didn't find someone or something her mind would explode. And it did. In her mind. But her mind exploded. In her mind. But her- You get what I mean? She nearly gave up hope until a mysterious figure appeared lying down on the branch of a tree.

"Hello there Miss." The figure spoke.

"What the... Who are you..." Lyra spun around to the tree but only to find nothing except a random shadow.

"Oh... They call me the... Cheshire Cat."