• Published 20th Feb 2015
  • 227 Views, 4 Comments

Alpha Elysium - ZeroCore



A trip into a serene, comforting imagination

  • ...
 4
 227

Friends

Where did you come from?

Is that a shifter amulet? Wow!

So... were you always, like, an alicorn, or did you just turn into one?

Calm down, everypony, please! Our guest is new here and the constant questions just won't do. Sorry to interject; you looked spaced out for a moment there.

I'm sorry about that; they tend to get a bit excited when meeting someone new. Allow me to introduce you to a few of the land's natives.

*points a hoof to the left-most pony*

This spritely Pegasus is Golden Shimmer.

*points to the center-most pony*

The ever-curious Alicorn is Meadow Dawn.

*points to the right-most pony*

And the inquisitive, reserved Earth pony is Madeline.

All of them are glad to meet you.

So you weren't always an Alicorn, but you are one now?

It's the shifter amulet! Those things are neat!

Did you fly here? Did ya', did ya'? You took the spire here, right?

Easy, easy, everpony. Remember what I said.

*the other ponies nod, taking a step back*

Sorry, sorry about that.

Yeah, we didn't mean to get too worked up.

*Madeline nods*

Perhaps I should do the introductions on your part; you still seem a bit rattled by the, erm, hasty greetings. Our guest here is from Canterlot, the city on the other side of the dimensional pond that I've told you about before.

They're curious about the world in which you live, so I'm showing them around. Alpha Elysium is a big place after all, and I figured that a quick introduction was in order.

Ah, we see!

*you focus on Meadow Dawn, the Alicorn nearly as tall as Princess Luna, before you look back to the others*

What's wrong, never seen an Alicorn before?

Well, that's the thing, Meadow Dawn, the Alicorns that live in the world our guest comes from aren't exactly easy to meet on a daily basis. They're treated as being better than others, and unfortunately don't get to spend much time with their friends.

That's horrible! I'm starting to feel better about you not letting us go there if that's true.

Yes, well, their world still has a long way to go until it becomes on-par with yours. Trust me though, eventually it will get there.

Then can we go and visit?

Of course, of course, but not a day until then!

*The others sigh a bit*

You see, they're about as curious of Canterlot as anyone else from Canterlot would be about Alpha Elysium. I understand their curiosity, but, well, between you and me, it wouldn't be in their health's best interest to travel to Equestria just yet. Remember, the magic of this land keeps them alive and eternally young, as it does for everyone here—you won't age either, as long as you stay here—but leaving, well, for you it wouldn't be anything instantly bad; you'd just live out a normal lifetime, err, provided you didn't stay in your current Alicorn form, but them, well... It might have severely detrimental effects on their health.

Don't worry; I make sure that no one who was born here will ever leave until the day Equestria's magic grows to meet Alpha Elysium's, and since I control the only way in and out of this world, well, that's easy!

Hey, are you two done whispering to each other yet?

Hm? Oh, sorry about that, Golden Shimmer. I didn't mean to be rude.

It's okay! I was just wondering.

*You notice Golden Shimmer already hovering in mid air, the Pegasus' wings beating quickly to keep her aloft*

Perhaps we should move along, there's still more to do in this paradise, after all!

*the mage taps his own shifter amulet, turning into an Alicorn as he does*

Now I suppose it's time to show you exactly what I meant before. Alicorns here are treated as any other pony would be; as a potential friend, of course! Perhaps we should get going; there are more ponies to meet, after all. Don't worry, I won't shove you into a crowd, I just want you to see, well, well, eh, just let me show you!

*the mage takes to the air, you follow suit*

We'll catch up with you later!

Yeah, thanks for stopping by!

See you around!

*you wave back to the ponies you'd just met*

Follow me, we'll take a gander at a few more Alicorns around here and how they interact. Remember, everyone is equal in Alpha Elysium; they're as unique as their cutie marks, but still a pony in everyone's eyes!

*The two of you fly off over a hill, spotting many different groups of ponies frolicking and having the time of their lives in the grassy meadows below. Among them, to your continued amazement, are alicorns by the dozen, the winged, horned ponies jumping about and having fun with their friends, their regal status almost ignored, their presence merely treated as if they were anypony else. The mage eventually signals you to land on a nearby rock overlooking the meadows, the ponies below still going on about their business.*

You see what I mean? The ponies here know no differences. Everyone has the potential to be a friend here. Social status doesn't exist; this land had such stratification purged from it millenniums ago. Now only peace and prosperity remains, and, and...

*the mage wipes a tear from his eye*

Ah, every time I come here, it warms my heart, and to think, one day Equestria will be just like this; peaceful, prosperous, lively, friendly, with not even a scant trace of death, or rot, or pain in sight.

Oh, you're wondering how I know this? Well, let me let you in on something, but be careful; don't tell anyone back home about this: Equestria's magic is slowly getting more and more powerful. Eventually it will rise to meet Alpha Elysium's in terms of raw energy, and just like that, POOF! One day, Equestria will become just like this; a paradise without problem or strife.

Imagine Equestria like a chicken still in its egg; it's still growing, developing, and waiting to hatch, but once it does, this will be the result; total harmony without a trace of pain at all.

Ah, but listen to me prattle on. I should really get back to showing you around! There are still more ponies and places to see, after all!