• Published 2nd Mar 2015
  • 2,072 Views, 24 Comments

Perfect - sapphiremelody



Sweetie has been having confidence issues while Spike has a hole in his heart. They meet, they become friends, and become closer than ever.

  • ...
6
 24
 2,072

2.Babysitting

The rain was hard and cold- but not as cold as Spike felt. Was life gonna always be like this? That Twilight was always going to save him from everything ,including heartbreak. He remembered yesterday like it was....today.

***

Spike was just having a nap in his bed when Twilight woke him softly. "What," he whined as he sleepily opened his eyes.

Twilight hung her head "I was just having a talk with Rarity."

"Oh right! Today I was going to announce my feelings for her!" Spike interrupted ,about to exit the room.

"She sees you as a friend Spike," Twilight announced quietly.

****

Those words echoed in Spike's mind as he remembered that moment. Rarity was so easily bedazzled by stallions yet for him it was like climbing a mountain ,never reaching the top. Maybe he should give up?

"Spike!" Twilight shouted ,shattering his daydream.

Spike ran down the stairs. Twilight couldn't have finished her safety inspection this early-she left 5 minutes ago! Spike reached the bottom of the stairs to find Twilight carrying a towel for a young filly. Spike almost didn't recognize Sweetie-she looked so...sad. Her coat was glazed with mud. Her hair was dirty with mud, and the rain had flattened her characteristic curls. Her eyes...they seemed full of hurt, yet somehow emotionless at the same time.

"Spike! There you are ,I need you to babysit Sweetie Belle while I get," Twilight paused, not wanting to mention Rarity's name after what happened yesterday,"....her sister to pick her up while I complete the safety inspection." Twilight teleported away.

Spike stared as Sweetie as she rubbed her face with the towel. What could he do? Ever since yesterday's chat about Rarity ,Spike has barely been out bed; he hadn't been much of an assistant for Twilight. The least he can do for Twilight is shine Sweetie's hooves. Spike got Twilight's hoof brush and walked up to Sweetie Belle.

"What do you want?" Sweetie gave Spike a hollow gaze.

"Polishing your hooves," Spike answered. He took Sweetie's hoof and started wiping away the mud. Sweetie blushed and avoided his intense gaze. Spike continued wiping away the mud, realizing Sweetie Belle can't get mud all over herself from the rainstorm. "Sweetie what happened."

Sweetie Belle stayed silent.

"Sweetie Belle what happened?" he asked insistently .

Sweetie's eyes started filling up with tears. "I-I g-got in a fight in D-Diamond."

"And?" Spike asked more gently putting the paper towel to the side.

"A-and she called so many things," Sweetie Belle sobbed and hugged Spike.

Spike didn't know what to say. Diamond Tiara did that! Why? Poor Sweetie. Spike just hugged her back.

"This will be our secret. Right?"

"Promise."

Author's Note:

I need to thank my editor VitalSpark for pointing out the flaws in my story and editing them perfectly:twilightsmile:. Thank you VitalSpark. By the way please check out my profile. :pinkiehappy: