• Published 7th May 2012
  • 4,066 Views, 249 Comments

Music Makes The Heart - TheVulpineHero1



Exploring a relationship between a somewhat different Vinyl Scratch and Octavia.

  • ...
9
 249
 4,066

2) (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady

(Get off Your) High Horse Lady
(Oasis)


The night after, Octavia found her in the waiting room, reading a magazine. She looked relaxed. Complacent.

"Miss Pon-three," she said, by way of greeting.

"Not without the glasses," P0N-3 replied, and flashed a pair of red eyes. "Vinyl Scratch. You're a good musician."

Octavia narrowed her eyes. "So you said before."

"I'm better," Vinyl shrugged, and put down her magazine. It was a statement, not an opinion. "I look forward to beating you."

"My apologies, but you'll be waiting a while," Octavia glared. She'd never met with such arrogance.

"Not arrogance. Not until you prove me wrong," Scratch said easily. Her voice was like drifting smoke. Octavia almost forgot how very prescient her answer was in the face of it.

"Very well. I accept your challenge, Vinyl Scratch. I shall not hear my art impugned," Octavia carried on, flaring her nostrils.
The unicorn fixed her with those red eyes again, but there was something different there. A little more effort. A little less contempt.

"...You're interesting," she murmured, and began to walk away. "Until next time."

Octavia watched her go with a glare. That pony had a talent for getting under her skin. But next time, she'd be ready.