• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 429 Views, 8 Comments

The Misadventures of Pinkie and Co. OR The Battle of Golden Pinkie - Nerdy



The ponymatronics aren't evil. They're nice! That is, except Golden Pinkie....

  • ...
3
 8
 429

Let's Throw Her A Party!

Sound Boom walked into the small office that she would have to stay in for six hours. There were two doors, each next to two buttons labeled Door and Light. A tablet lay on the desk, along with a cup, a fan, and a cupcake with blinking eyes.

She sat down in the chair and pulled herself close to the desk. A phone rang in the office, but Sound Boom didn't see one.

A recording came out. "Hello? Uh, hello? Um, hi. I'm recording a message for you so you can get settled in on your first night. I, uh, kinda worked her before you. Just finishing up my last week, actually. I finally got accepted into the Wonderbolts, oh yeah! Anywho, enough about me. I'm going to keep this short. So, you know, this job is no biggie really. Like, it can be dark, but there's nothing to freak out about. I mean, why would there be?"

"Of course, it's a foal's restaurant," Sound Boom said, glancing at the cameras over near Chaos Cove.

"So, yeah," the recording continued. "First off, there's this thing the Uppers wanted me to read. Kinda needed for newbies. 'Welcome to Pinkie Pie's Pizza, a fun filled place for fillies and colts alike, and where partying is all it's about. Pinkie's is not responsible for damage to blah, blah, blah, whatever.' So here's the down low. Don't break anything, and anything won't break you."

"What does that mean?" Sound Boom said.

"It's not like you're in any danger! Well, ok, maybe kinda. The ponymatronics have a free roaming mode at night to make sure their servos don't lock up when they get turned off. They used to walk around the place during the day, until The Confetti of 83! There was a chaos cannon, but that's been long gone. It's really cool how somepony can survive a blast of confetti to the face traveling at, like, 70 miles and hour, and only lose their frontal lobe."

"Wait, WHAT?" Sound Boom said, quickly looking again at Chaos Cove. Something was peeking through the curtains.

"So the only thing you really need to worry about is the ponymatronics. They might kinda sorta not recognize you as a pony in the dark. They might see you as an endoskeleton, and being out of costume is against the rules. Point is, if they get you, they shove you into a ponymatronic suit. It might not seem so bad if the wires weren't there. It's kinda painful to the point where you don't feel pain anymore, and you die."

"WHY DIDN'T THEY DISCLOSE THIS IN THE INTERVIEW?!?!?!?!?!?" Sound Boom yelled.

"It might not have been in the contract you signed, but you're here now. I'll catch you on the flip side. Hey, if you survive, feel free to come watch me at the Wonderbolts sometime. See ya!"

The recording ended.

"I have to survive till six!" The pegasus yelled. "How can I do that? I might as well check on the stage."

Sound Boom watched the stage. Were the ponymatronics... talking?

*

*

*
"Did you guys see the new night guard?" Pinkie Pie said.

"We all did, Pinkie," Twilight sighed. "She got interviewed right in front of us."

"Let's throw her a party!" Pinkie said.

"That's a good idea, sugarcube," Applejack said. "Except for the fact that the guards always slam the door in our faces. Why did Original Rainbow Dash have to record that message?"

"Well, we should try," Pinkie said with a huff. "Fluttershy, can you tell Discord to go get Sound Boom?"

"Oh, um, sure." Fluttershy said, stepping outside into the dining hall.

*

"Crap, Fluttershy's out," Sound Boom said. "Oh, why do they want to kill me?"

*

"Discord?" Fluttershy whispered from the front of Chaos Cove. A goat head peeked out of the curtain. It has black eyes with red pupils, a blue horn and a deer horn, with goat ears.

"What is it, Fluttershy?" Discord asked.

"Can you tell Sound Boom to come down to the dining hall?" the pegasus said, fixing Discord with her hard gaze.

"For you Fluttershy," Discord sighed.

"Yay," Fluttershy said quietly.

*

"WHERE. THE HELL. IS DISCORD!" Sound Boom yelled. She looked over to the west hall door.

"HI!" Discord said. Sound Boom didn't scream like Discord thought she would. Instead, she passed out on the floor.

*

*

*

"I knew we should have never sent that draconequus!"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"At least she didn't die of fright."

"Oh, I hope she's all right."

Sound Boom opened her eyes and screamed. The ponymatronics were looking at her. Her screams slowly died down.

"Aren't you going to stuff me inside a Pinkie Pie suit?" Sound Boom asked.

"We don't do that! It's a myth!" Rainbow Dash said, hovering a bit in frustration.

Rarity sighed. "Honestly, ever since the original Rainbow Dash worked here, the night guards have been terrified of us, leaving them as easy prey for Golden Pinkie!" She gasped and put her hooves over her mouth as if she had just said something bad.

"Golden Pinkie?" Sound Boom said. "Where's she?"

"You wouldn't see her," Applejack said, cringing. "She was scraped a long time ago."

"Why would the night guards be easy prey for her?" the pegasus asked.

"It's a long story," Pinkie Pie said, her hair not quite as puffy.

"I have the time," Sound Boom said. sitting up on the floor where she laid.

"The best way to do that is show you," Twilight said. "I'll be with you in a moment."

Behind her, Discord grabbed the metal cupcake from the stands and slammed it against Sound Boom's head, knocking her out. Twilight placed her metal hoof onto the pegasus's head.

"Let's dream" the alicorn said, and closed her eyes.