• Published 11th Feb 2015
  • 429 Views, 8 Comments

The Misadventures of Pinkie and Co. OR The Battle of Golden Pinkie - Nerdy



The ponymatronics aren't evil. They're nice! That is, except Golden Pinkie....

  • ...
3
 8
 429

The Job Interview

Sound Boom was enjoying some delicious banana swirl ice cream outside of Sugar Cube Corner. The ice cream dripped onto her dark orange fur and into her fuzzy green hair. The cold morning air made her wrap her wings around herself. They held the Equestria record of longest wings, allowing Sound Boom to fly higher than most pegasi without getting tired.

Though normally, she was teased for them. Some ponies didn't like difference, so they called her 'Big Wings'. Sound Boom hated that name.

She walked back into Sugar Cube Corner to give them their bowl back. Pinkie Pie greeted her with her usual big smile.

"Hi, Sound Boom!" she said. "Was the ice cream good?"

"Good as always," Sound Boom said, handing the empty bowl to Pinkie.

"Sorry about the job," Pinkie said. Sound Boom was a DJ, working with the famous Vinyl Scratch, but the office caught fire after Vinyl let her friend hold a seance there, and the candles caught onto the curtains, burning the office down. So until it could be rebuild, Sound Boom was out of a job.

"It's ok," Sound Boom said, taking a copy of The Ponyville Times. "Snowy's letting me stay in his apartment since my old one was in the same building as the office."

"Why did you live on top of you office?" Pinkie asked.

"I thought it would make things quicker. At least I didn't keep all my money in my apartment, right?"

Pinkie nodded. "You'll still need to get a job. There are always job ads in the newspaper. Try there."

Sound Boom turned to the ads. Plumber, Assistant at Carousel Boutique, Owl Trainer....

"Here we go!" Sound Boom said. "'Night Guard at Pinkie Pie's Pizza. Must Work at least 5 nights, Pay: $120!"

"I love that place!" Pinkie said. "It was based off of my friends and I. They have the coolest ponymatronics ever! You SO need to get this job!"

"Alright," the pegasus said. "Thanks for the tip!" Then, she hurried out the door.

*

*

*

Sound Boom looked at the pizzeria. It was brightly colored, pictures of the elements of harmony scattered around the outside. The words 'Pinkie Pie's Pizza' surrounded a picture of Pinkie Pie eating some pizza and smiling. It looked very foal friendly. Sound Boom passed through glowing doorways.

She entered the dining hall. The tables were covered with a pink table cloth and party hats. A huge stage faced the hall, and on it were six ponymatronics. Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Pinkie Pie. A gray unicorn was shining the hoof of the Rarity ponymatronic when he noticed Sound Boom.

"Hello?" Sound Boom said as the stallion walked over to her. "I want to apply for the night guard job."

"Great!" The unicorn said. "I'm Runaway, the manager here at Pinkie Pie's Pizza. If you'll sit down, we'll get started on the interview."

Sound Boom sat down at the closest table. Runaway grabbed a chart hanging on the wall and sat on the other side of the table.

"All right then," he said. "Name, age, and race?"

"My name is Sound Boom, I'm 22 years old, and I'm a pegasus." Sound Boom said, sitting up.

"Have you had previous jobs before now?"

"Yes, I worked as a DJ at Rockin' Sound with Vinyl Scratch, but the office caught on fire, so for now, I'm out of a job."

"Have you ever had insomnia or been sleep deprived in the last few months?"

"No."

"Describe a time when you had to work quickly to protect yourself."

"Once, during a performance at a club, one of the stallions got very drunk and attacked me. I had to jump away quickly to avoid getting hit."

"How did you handle the situation?"

"The drunk stallion ran after me, so I ran near the entrance guards and they threw him out of the club."

"How comfortable are you using computers?"

"Well, since I have to record my songs and 'sweeten' them up using a computer, it's natural for me."

"Do you consider yourself lucky?"

"Well, I guess."

"Well then, Ms. Boom," Runaway said. "You're hired!"

"Really?" Sound Boom said. It seemed strange that she only had to do one interview before she was hired. It was almost like Runaway was desperate for a night guard.

"Yes, and you can start tonight," Runaway said. "Shift begins at Midnight, ends at six. Bye!"

Sound Boom walked out of the restaurant. But if she had looked behind her, she would have seen Pinkie Pie smiling.