• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,580 Views, 18 Comments

Mothershy - justanotherfan

  • ...
7
 18
 3,580

Chapter 4

There was a knock on the door of Fluttershy’s cottage. She opened the door to find Twilight Sparkle standing just outside. Her mane was disheveled, there were dark circles under her eyes, and she was smiling a disconcerting smile.

“Hello Twilight…” Fluttershy took a nervous step backward.

“I know how to knock you up!” said Twilight.

“O-okay…” Fluttershy took another step backward.

Rainbow Dash stuck her head out from the kitchen. “Who’s at the door?” Seeing Twilight, she walked out into the living room. “Oh, hey, Twi,” she said. As she got closer, she really observed her purple friend’s appearance. “You, uh…you have looked better.”

“I cast an insomnia spell on myself,” Twilight explained in a disturbingly cheerful tone as she strolled inside. “I haven’t slept in three days!”

“You don’t say…” Rainbow said cautiously.

“I’ve spent every minute of them looking for the solution! And I think I’ve found it!”

“That’s nice, Twilight,” said Fluttershy, “but maybe you’d like to take a seat and calm down a little?” She gestured toward the armchair in the living room.

Twilight flopped into the offered chair and wearily rubbed at her face with one hand. “Ugh. Maybe that insomnia spell wasn’t such a great idea.”

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash sat on the couch next to her. “Now what’s this solution you’re talking about?” Rainbow asked.

Twilight yawned. “I found this book,” she telekinetically lifted an old, battered tome out of her saddlebag. “I didn’t think much of it at first, but among other things it contains an old legend from before Equestria was united about two mares who, through their love for each other, conceived a child. It’s even recorded the spell they used to do so.”

“That’s awesome!” Rainbow launched into the air, hovering over the couch. “Let’s get to it!”

“There are a couple of issues, though,” said Twilight.

“Like what?” Rainbow asked, floating down to her seat.

“First off, both of the mares in the legend were unicorns. And while I’m pretty sure that one pony can cast the spell, it couldn’t be either one of you.”

“So does that mean you can’t cast it on us?” Fluttershy asked.

“If I cast it in its original form, it would end up getting you pregnant with my child, not yours, Rainbow.” The couple looked strangely between themselves and at her. “But!” she interjected. “But I think I can take a few days and tinker with the spell’s targeting mechanics so it can be cast by an uninvolved third party, so that the child would be the offspring of the two of you but not me.”

“Okay,” Rainbow said slowly. “Are there any other problems?”

Twilight shifted uneasily and blushed a little. “Well, the spell has to be cast during the, ahem, act of love.”

“Oh my…” Fluttershy’s face turned bright red and she shrunk in on herself.

“Are you saying that Fluttershy and I have to have sex in order for this spell to work?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes.”

“And I’m guessing from the way you’re telling us this that you can’t just cast the spell on us and then leave us to it, or cast it while in another room or something?”

“I would have to be there for the whole thing,” Twilight said, her blush rising.

“And you can’t alter that part of the spell?”

“It’s ritual magic,” Twilight explained. “…things…have to happen for the spell to work.”

Rainbow thought for a moment. “Well, this doesn’t mean this is our only option. I’ll come back to the library. There must be lots of stuff we haven’t read yet—”

“I’ll do it.” Twilight and Rainbow both looked at Fluttershy. “I’ll do it,” she repeated.

“Really?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes, really,” Fluttershy stated.

“Are you sure you’d be comfortable with that?” Twilight asked.

“No, but,” the blonde pegasus looked up with eyes verging on tears. “You have both done so much for me. More than I ever could have asked. If this can really work, then I’m willing to try.”

“Well, if you want…” said Twilight.

“But do you think you can give me a few days to…work up to it?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course. Just call on me when you’re ready and we can set a time for it.”

“Thank you, Twilight,” Fluttershy hugged her purple friend as they both got up from their seats. “Thank you so much.”

“It’s no problem, Fluttershy,” Twilight hugged back.

“Now you go home and get some sleep. Dr. Fluttershy’s orders.”

Twilight chuckled. “Whatever you say, Doctor.” She lazily took off outside and flapped her way off toward her castle.

After she had shut the door, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash shared a giddy hug.