• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,581 Views, 18 Comments

Mothershy - justanotherfan

  • ...
7
 18
 3,581

Chapter 1

Fluttershy pushed a plate of acorn paste towards a group of baby squirrels. “Here you go. Eat up. It will help you grow big and strong,” she said. The baby squirrels tucked into the dish and their mother gave Fluttershy a thankful look. Fluttershy watched the squirrel family with a dreamy expression.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of lips press against her cheek. She yelped and cowered a yard away from where she had formerly been standing. Rainbow Dash chuckled. “Sorry, Fluttershy,” she said. “You were looking cute and I couldn’t help myself.”

“Oh, it’s you, Rainbow,” Fluttershy uncurled and greeted her marefriend. “You startled me.”

“Sorry,” Rainbow said again. “But you’re just so darn kissable.”

Fluttershy blushed. “Well, thank you.” She started walking back towards her cottage at a leisurely pace. Rainbow walked alongside her.

“So, you looked like you were really thinking about something back there,” Rainbow said. “What was it?”

“Oh, just things…” Fluttershy said.

“Oh come on,” Rainbow persisted. “You can tell me. What was it?”

Fluttershy took a moment before asking “Rainbow, have you…have you ever thought about having…children?”

Rainbow Dash leapt back in panic. “Whoa whoa whoa! Let’s slow this down for a second.”
` “I’m sorry,” Fluttershy muttered. “Forget I said anything.”

“Wait! I’m not saying I don’t want kids,” said Rainbow as she returned to Fluttershy’s side. “I just want to know where this came from.”

“Well, I’ve just always wanted to be a mother,” Fluttershy explained. “Ever since I was a little filly I’ve dreamed of the day when I could bear the child of myself and my special somepony.”

“Really? You want to go through the whole birth thing? Even with all the pain and stuff?”

“Yes,” said Fluttershy, “because afterward I would have a child. A part of me. A new life that I would care for and love.” She sighed sadly. “But when puberty hit and I realized I wasn’t interested in stallions, I had to let go of that dream. But every spring, when all the animals are having babies, I guess the idea keeps coming back to me.”

Rainbow laid a wing across her shoulders, trying to comfort her. “Well, hey, you can still be a mother. We could adopt.”

“I’ve thought about that. And I wouldn’t mind; I’d still love the child just the same, but…I guess I’m still dreaming.”

Rainbow considered all this new information. Finally, she said “Why don’t we take a few days to think about this? There’s no rush.”

“Okay,” Fluttershy sighed.

“Wish I could stay longer,” Rainbow pecked her on the cheek again. “But I’ve got some things to take care of. See you later?”

“Of course,” Fluttershy smiled.

“Love you!” Rainbow shouted as she zoomed into the sky.

“Love you, too,” said Fluttershy as she walked towards her cottage.