• Published 9th Feb 2015
  • 1,097 Views, 50 Comments

Batmare Triumphant - SuperPinkBrony12



A sequel to Batmare: Birth Of The Dark Knight. Batmare and Robin come face to face with Miss. Freeze, and a new villan emerges from an old ally. Can the dynamic duo defend Equestria against these new threats?

  • ...
3
 50
 1,097

Plans of A Mad Clown

Batmare had expected Robin to be cross with her, since she had let Miss. Freeze escape. But to her surprise, Robin said nothing. He remained silent for the entire ride back to The Batcave.

Once there however, Robin quickly broke the silence and began to speak up. "Why did you order me to stand down back in Manehattan?!" he complained "I've could've made that jump!"

"Yes, you could've. But you also could've crashed into the sea, or splattered your brains on the ship's deck." Batmare replied "And then you'd be no help to anyone!"

"You think I would've made that jump if I had any doubt about whether I could do it?" Robin asked.

"It's not up for debate Robin." Batmare said sternly "Just because you have a motorbike does not mean you can go around doing all those crazy stunts. Remember, your first priority to stop crime. Not horse around."

"I guess you have a point there." Robin admitted "But why did you let Miss. Freeze escape?! She was literally just inches away from you!"

"I did it to save your life!" Batmare replied "I wasn't going to let you freeze to death!"

"You could've easily caught her and then came back and thawed me out!" Robin complained "But instead, you've doomed all of the known world to unending winter!"

"What if I hadn't been able to catch up to Miss. Freeze in time to come back and save you?" Batmare asked "Would you rather I'd have left you to freeze to death?!"

"Yes! I would've understood." Robin said crossly "My life shouldn't be more important than the lives of millions. I knew the risks involved when I put on the cape!"

"I promised Twilight that I would protect you." Batmare explained.

"And since when did I give her permission to worry about me?! I'm old enough to take care of myself, thank you very much!" Robin complained.

"Robin please, you must understand." Batmare pleaded.

"I don't need special treatment. I want to help you, but I want to do so on my own terms!" Robin continued "If you're going to just push me to the side everytime there's a chance I'll get hurt, then you might as well just find a better partner! Just because it's Batmare and Robin doesn't mean you get to make all the important decisions! I have just as much a say in this partnership as you do!"

"Never said you didn't." Batmare said seriously.

"Sure doesn't seem that way!" Robin snorted "It seems like all you ever do is boss me around, or tell me what not to do! I'm sick of it!"

Batmare said nothing, and simply stood there. A look of shock registered clearly on her face.

"Batmare, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." Robin apologized "I know you're only doing what you think is right. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

"It's alright Robin, you have a right to be upset." Batmare said somberly "I have been a bit harsh on you lately."

"No you haven't, I've been complaining too much." Robin replied "I'm just starting to have second thoughts about being a sidekick, that's all. I'm sorry if I'm coming across as selfish or demanding."

"You aren't at all. You have every right to want to have a bigger role." Batmare stated, then she sighed "The truth is, I've been holding you back because I'm afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Robin asked, though he was pretty sure he already knew the answer.

"I can't help but think about what is that The Joker said when we faced off on top of the clock tower." Batmare explained "I know it wasn't entirely my fault, but I still inadvertly created him. And in the time since, that revelation's been haunting my dreams. It's made me wonder if I'm truly making a difference, or just creating super villans far worse than the regular criminals."

"You're seriously taking what that nut job said at face value?" Robin asked "You know he was probably lying. From what I hear, he told all kinds of stories about how he obtained his scars. And each time the story is different. His past is probably the same thing."

"Perhaps, but there's still the fact that he didn't show up until I started fighting crime." Batmare said glumly "So one way or another, I brought him out into the open."

"And you defeated and captured him." Robin reassured her "You don't have to worry about him, or what he's said any longer. You are making a difference. He just doesn't want you to think that way. But the good news is, he's been locked away in that mental institution they call Canterlot Aslyum. And I don't think there's any chance of him ever getting out."

"You're right Robin." Batmare said after pausing a moment "He's been defeated, and we don't have to worry about him anymore. The guards won't listen to his stories anyway, and all of his weapons were confiscated. He's staying there for the rest of his life."

"Now that we've gotten that out of the way, we need to figure out how we're going to stop Miss. Freeze." Robin spoke up "She's every bit the threat that Joker was, maybe even worse."

Unfortunately neither Batmare or Robin had any way of knowing that The Joker, though insane, was still up to his old tricks. He was already planning his next move, from within the confines of his padded cell at Canterlot Aslyum.

"Hey Joker, you've got a visitor!" one of the guards called.

"Who is it?" The Joker asked.

"As if we'd ever tell you." the other guard snorted "Just be thankful we're allowing said visitor, because the higher ups would have our heads if we didn't. If it were up to me, you wouldn't get to see any company other than the two of us and your fellow inmates."

"You boys are no fun at all." The Joker complained.

"Whatever, just don't try any funny business or we'll know about it." the first guard threatened.

The visitor turned out to be quite the surprise, it was the one pony The Joker had never expected to see. It was Bob, his right hoof stallion and number one guy.

The Joker gasped "Do my eyes decieve me?"

"It's really me boss, live and in the fur." Bob replied.

"Bob, it's been ages. I thought for sure that Equestria's finest had captured you." The Joker admitted, thankful that the guards couldn't overhear his conversation "How did you manage to evade them for so long?"

"I'm an incredible master of disguise." Bob explained "They eventually got tired and just gave up. I hear Captain Shining Armor wasn't too happy about that, but the unit was being led by First Lieutenant Flash Sentry who upheld the decision."

"Good old Flash Sentry, I really must send him a thank you card for that personal favor." The Joker said with a smile.

"When I heard you were locked up in this dump, I knew I had to come and see you." Bob continued "And I seem to remember that you said during our last meeting, that soon the time would come when you would need me for an important assignment."

"Ah yes, I'm so glad you remembered. That's what I like about you Bob." The Joker smiled "And they say good help is hard to find."

"So, what's the plan? You need my help to bust you out of this joint?" Bob asked.

"Believe me Bob, if I could've escaped from this dump I would've by now." The Joker complained "But it seems old Sunbutt is a real security nut, this is the first time anyone's even been allowed to visit me. It's obvious I'm not getting out of here."

"Well if that's not the case, then what do you need my help with?" Bob asked crossly "I didn't come all the way here just to chit chat."

"Patience Bob, all will be revealed in due time." The Joker reassured him "You know how Batmare was the target of my agression until she got me thrown into this place?"

"You want me to rough her up for you?" Bob asked.

"Who said anything about old Guano Mare? Now that she's got that sidekick she calls a student, she's practically untouchable." The Joker replied with a sigh "Besides, she's not the only one who's turn my life into a piece of crap! There's a certain district attorney that got me kicked out of Canterlot, and I never got the chance to thank him, for sticking his nose into my business."

"District Attorney Fancy Pants? That might be a little tricky." Bob said with uncertainty "He's got a wife, and he makes frequent public appearances."

"I anticipated you'd run into that roadblock Bob, and I've already thought of the perfect solution." The Joker said with a sadistic smile, using his magic he dug into the pocket of his straight jacket and pulled out a piece of paper.

"How did you smuggle that past the guards?" Bob asked.

"That's my little secret." The Joker replied, and gave Bob the paper "Once you've left this rat trap, open the paper and you'll find your instructions. Oh, and let's keep this discussion private for now, okay? After all, very bad things happen to ponies who gossip."

"Don't worry boss, I won't let you down." Bob said firmly.

"I know you won't Bob. That's why you're my number one guy." The Joker said, as he put a hoof around Bob's shoulder "So don't screw this up, got it?"

"Yes sir." Bob replied, and with that he left The Joker's cell and made his way out of Canterlot Asylum.

The Joker, for his part, was smirking fiendishly. "Just you wait Batmare, I'm about to show you why you were wrong to forget about me. It's like I always said 'You always take shots from folks just don't get the joke.'"

Author's Note:

If you want to know why Blueblood is The Joker, and what kind of Joker he is, read the first installment.