• Published 24th Jan 2015
  • 1,511 Views, 29 Comments

Lyra Gets Lost! - XangelMusic



Lyra discovers Twilight's portal to another world. She discovers something unbelievable as she ventures forth through it. Now it's up to Twilight to get her back!

  • ...
6
 29
 1,511

Chapter 2: Hello, Fellow Humans!

We are all together, ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh
Now it's better than ever, ah, ah, oh-oh-oh-oh
Now that we are back on track
Yes, I'm so glad that we're better
Better than ever

The Rainbooms – Rainbow Dash, Sunset Shimmer, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie – continue to echo throughout the hallways of Canterlot Senior High from the music room, one of the regular spots for their practice sessions. Pony ears and manes have already sprouted from the several band members as they play their song, “Better Than Ever,” but that’s beside the fact that their practice sessions have been paying off as the band has proven that they can play in almost perfect harmony. The song finally concludes its final chorus as the band’s sound trails off and their pony features vanish just as soon as they appear.

“Oh yeah! Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!” Rainbow Dash throws her guitar on the stand and gulps down her water bottle. The other band members follow suit as they begin to pack up their instruments, except Pinkie who is still sitting at her drum set finishing off the last of her water.

“Yeah, Ah reckon we’re jus’ ‘bout ready to hit that gig this Sunday,” Applejack agreed.

“Most certainly. I still have the outfits for when we played in the Battle of the Bands competition,” Rarity stated, as she brings her hand to her chin.

“You mean the one’s when we went up against the Dazzlings?” asked Fluttershy, putting away her tambourine into her backpack.

“Yes darling but I was thinking we should go for something new.”

“Well, whatever ya come up with, I’m sure it’s gonna be fabulous,” Applejack complimented, who was already carrying her packed bass behind her.

“Awww, Applejack, that’s very sweet of you.”

“I’m just a bit worried about Fluttershy’s new song. I still feel we need a bit more practice before we can perform it live.” Rainbow Dash finally placed her guitar into its rightful case and carries it ready to go.

“We have been practicing it for a quite a bit. You don’t think we’ll be ready for it this Sunday?” Sunset Shimmer asked who was sitting on a table with her journal open on her lap.

“Maybe, I just don’t want to perform something when it’s not ready.”

“We can leave my song out if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Are you kidding, Fluttershy? I still want to perform it this Sunday. Just like Sunset said, we have been practicing it for quite a bit but I think maybe we should really get some intense practice for it the next couple of days. Is it alright if we do it at your place, AJ? It might take the entire day though.”

“Ah don’t think that would be a problem, even today shouldn’t be a hassle. How ‘bout everyone else?”

Everybody nods in agreement.

“Then it’s settled,” Rainbow Dash declared, triumphantly.

Sunset Shimmer looks over her friends warmly with a smile while writing in her journal to Twilight about the upcoming performance for the Rainbooms. While it may seem unconventional and unreliable than a cellphone, Twilight has yet to fail missing one of her journal entries and provide a swift reply to Sunset’s message. It was actually comforting to Sunset knowing she can expect a quick response from Twilight, given that Sunset has kept her journal close to her at all times. Still it was the only way to contact Twilight in Equestria, like how Sunset contacted Princess Celestia when she was her student since she didn’t have a dragon of her own like Twilight has with Spike.

“What you doing Sunny? Writing a message to Twilight?”

Sunset looks up to an energetic Pinkie Pie whose face is right up against hers. “Yeah, I’m telling her about this Sunday.”

“Ask her if she can come and watch us play. Oh, how about asking her if she wants to play with us again! I still have that theremin she can use. Or maybe she can sing again. You and Twilight sounded really good together the last time she was here!”

“I’m not too sure whether she can play with us, but I’ll ask her anyways,” Sunset chuckled. She still includes Pinkie’s invitations before signing off the journal with her farewell.
“Twilight certainly does have a superb singing voice,” added Rarity.

“I think Twilight and Sunset sound kinda alike, don’t you think?” Sunset snarls at Rainbow’s comment. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing. It just reminded me of when Flash told me the exact same thing recently.” Everyone’s expressions fell knowing exactly the implications behind that memory.

“So whut ya do, sugarcube?” asked Applejack.

“I clobbered him one,” Sunset answered proudly, which resulted the girls in sharing a hearty laugh.

“Don’t get me wrong, Twilight does have a great singing voice, and I do agree with you Rainbow Dash, but–”

“–A gentleman should never compare yourself to another lady,” Rarity finished off Sunset’s statement. The other girls acknowledge the same sentiments.

“I never thought of Flash as being somewhat of a doofus.”

“He is a doofus, Rainbow. I remember so many amusing stories about him while we were dating that if I told you any of them he’d literally die of embarrassment.” The girls stay quiet but snicker as if in anticipation. Even Fluttershy became curious as she leans in to hear more. Soon the girls nodded in sync after Sunset asked them the one question the girls wanted to hear, in a devilishly cheeky tone at that. “Wanna hear them?”

The girls walk down the hallway passing by the few straggling students retrieving their necessities for their next class. The girls each put away their instruments listening to Sunset recall Flash’s embarrassing life moments. While the girls know that what they’re doing is downright mean, it’s totally worth it if it is at Flash’s expense.

Rainbow Dash interrupts Sunset with a question that has been on her mind for some time. “Hey Sunset, I was wondering, where did you learn to play guitar?”

“It was Flash who taught me actually.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah…”

“How’d y’all break up anyways?”

“That’s actually my fault. At the time, Flash realised that I was only dating him to make myself more popular and that I didn’t really like him, like him.” Sunset looks down for a minute before looking back at her friends with a sad smile. “He does have his quirky moments. I admit I do miss his guitar lessons. They were fun, and the way he was teaching me was really cute.”

“He sounds very sweet,” Fluttershy responded.

“Yeah, Flash has his moments, I’d give him that. In fact, those were the only times when I felt like I really did like him.” The girls snuggle close to Sunset when they notice her sombre mood, allowing Sunset to perk up once more.

“I’m thinking we should tell Twilight all the embarrassing things you told us just now.”

“Don’t you dare, Rainbow Dash!” Sunset laughed, amused at the suggestion. “We’re not going to ruin her that privilege–”

Sunset stumbles back and realises she had knocked somebody to the ground. “I’m so sorry; I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

Sunset lowers herself down and can see that it was Lyra that she had knocked over. Lyra grumbles with her hand rubbing her forehead demonstrating the pain of the encounter. She opens her eyes to see a hand hovering above her and the person it was attached to. She is a girl with vibrant red and gold hair, sporting a black leather jacket, a magenta shirt with a familiar pattern on it, an orange skirt and patterned black and magenta boots. Lyra grabs the girl’s hand before opening her mouth. “Hello, fellow humans!”

The girls cock their eyebrows and look at each other shrugging not understanding the unusual wording in Lyra’s greeting. It was until Lyra finally notices them.

“I can’t believe it!” Lyra gasped. She jumps up ecstatically to each of the girls. “Applejack! Rainbow Dash! Fluttershy! Rarity! And Pinkie Pie!”

“Yeah, I know I’m awesome; No autographs, please.” Pinkie Pie relishes in Lyra’s outburst uplifting her nonexistent rock star status.

“Not as awesome as me!” asserted Rainbow Dash, prompting a stare down between the two.

Lyra continues to squeal making the other girls feel somewhat uncomfortable before she directs herself towards the only unrecognisable face amongst the group. “I don’t think I met you before. What’s your name?”

“Sunset Shimmer… Wait, you already know my name, Lyra. We even have Chemistry together.”

“We do?” Lyra thinks for a minute not comprehending the situation but complies regardless. “Oh, we do.” Lyra bares her teeth and gives the girls an unconvincing smile by which the girls respond with blank stares instead. Applejack became the first one to speak up after an awkward silence.

“You alright, sugarcube?”

“I’m feeling dandy!” Lyra announced, still showing her teethy grin. “Anyways I gotta go. Keep on doing all that human stuff!” She turns around and disappears deeper into the hallway.

“That gal just keeps gettin’ weirder and weirder.”

“Hey Sunset, your bag’s vibrating!”

Sunset looks behind her to see that Pinkie was right. Sunset quickly sets down her bag to take out her bag eager to see Twilight’s reply. Sunset did hint a slight giggle from Rarity which causes Sunset to blush, but still demonstrates a gleeful smile from getting a message from Twilight.

Sunset opens her book to the last written page of her journal where Twilight’s last message would most likely be. Her smile then drops and turns into a troubled expression as she reads the page.

“Is something wrong Sunset?” Fluttershy asked. The other girls also express the same concern.

“Girls,” Sunset began, looking up from her book. “I think Twilight is in trouble.”