• Published 14th May 2012
  • 2,045 Views, 48 Comments

Light of Harmony - Dark Alicorn Warrior



years before the show, Princess Celestia's best friend Prince Glaciem is taken from Equestria to become a strange but powerfull warrior...one who his masters say is was his destiny to become....once again

  • ...
0
 48
 2,045

Paradise Lost

The Light of Harmony

Chapter Two

Paradise Lost

1,500 Years before the show’s timeline

A loud banging noise interrupted the young Glaciem’s peaceful sleep. It took a minute or two for the prince to finally began to shake the weariness from his mind and scan the moonlit room for the source of the thunderous booming. he began to hear a faint noise outside of his closed windows, almost like ponies, many of them yelling for some reason.

Curiousity forced the young colt to leave his bed and to find out what was going on. He headed for the window to see what was causing the orange glow from outside.

The young Prince gazed out as far as he could, past the crowded town square, and towards the walls where several dozen of his parent's best unicorn guards stood. They were firing their horns at an unknown enemy below the wall. Once again a loud banging noise emanating from his bedroom door this time a male voice followed “Your highness, your parents wish to see you in the foyer. You're being taken to Canterlot.”

The young Winter Prince galloped towards the front door and brought his horn to life, enveloping the door handle in a Telekentic aura and slowly pulling it open revealing two white pegasi guards covered in Silver battle armor. The two guards bow their heads in respect but quickly recover; “Your highness we are here to escort you to a rendezvous location with Queen Nova, your mother will be accompanying us to the Meeting point,” the guard announced.

Glaciem knew his parents would not be that patient with the castle and its adjacent town under threat. He quickly packed all he could and dashed out his bedroom door to meet his parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The invisible rays of the moon pierced through the wide skylight that made up the greeting hall's ceiling, nearly drowning out the torches that hung on both walls and bathing the entirety of the foyer in it's silvery glow. Anxious hoofsteps of the queen mother that echoed through these massive halls and up both flights of staircases behind her sounded more like an entire legion of soldiers rather than one worried queen.
"You know he is going to want to help defend the castle!" Gaia shouted angrily.

"I know you're upset Gaia, but we agreed that if Nemesis or somepony like him were to ever return we would take Glaciem to Canterlot for safe keeping. If Glaciem is discovered by whoever is attacking us; No doubt our son's magic will be priority number one to them; and I shudder what will happen to pony kind if our son's magic is corrupted and turned into a toy of evil," the king father explained.

Gaia gave a defeated sigh. As much as she hated to admit it Polaris had a point. It would be a mistake to leave Glaciem here in harms way where he could be killed or worse, converted to evil. As she struggled to accept the fact that she must give up her one and only son, a thought came to her mind, "Polaris what about Nova and Galaxus have they even accepted our request yet?"

To that Polaris gave a quick nod. "They are, and Queen Nova has agreed to meet you and Glaciem at the border."

The doors suddenly flung open with a loud crash as the young winter prince burst through the door with the two guards standing on either side of him.

"Mom, Dad! What is going on?" asked the young prince, curiously.

"We are being attacked by an unknown enemy force; we are sending you to Canterlot while the rest of the town evacuates to a safe haven." The king father informed.

"But I want to help out!" Complained Glaciem. It was bad enough that his fears were seemingly coming to pass, but once again he was being put on the sidelines as if his feelings did not seem to matter.

"No!..." Polaris declared.

"This is our fight, son! I will not risk your life in a battle you're too young to understand!"

As much as Polaris knew his son would be an invaluable asset on the battlefield He loved his son very much. No-pony would ever question that but in times of war Polaris was a warrior first, he had to be. to him any distraction on the field of battle would mean certain defeat either for him, his family, or his country. It was the way of the great Equosian tribal war, and it would be so again here. And as capable a fighter as his son was, Two glaring faults were staring the stallion king in the eyes.

The first reason being is as strong in magic as his son was, he was still young and only had only begun to control his power, meaning he would strike down ponies on his side as well as those opposing him.

And the second reason wasn't because of the attacking army itself but because of the leader. Polaris had a pretty good idea who was leading this rebellion, the same female dragonaquus who insisted the stalladorians almost four centuries ago to conquer their neighbors and start down the path to world conquest. Polaris knew that exposing him to her influence would most definitely be disastrous to the colt's mind.

Glaciem swallowed hard as several familiar questions raced through his mind, but he knew he had to put them aside and do what was asked of him if he, his home, or his family were to survive.

"Yes dad..." was all that Glaciem could muster.

"Alright, get the palace guard together, Rixa did not get our palace before, and she is not about to get it now!" the father king declared proudly to his fully armored ponies. Polaris donned his old battle armor and helmet which shined a brilliant silver in the candlelight. Two guards pulled the doors revealing a now rain soaked Cantoria and its walls, which teemed with life.

The royals dashed through the town as the hard rain fall began to drench them all. The run seemed like an eternity as they quickly passed through the square; the residents which only an hour before crowded it had been evacuated for other cities for safety.

The three royals began to see a massive wooden structure and the steel gate before them through the haze of the never ending rain until finally they had arrived at their destination.

The king father took a long look at his son as he lowered his head to meet his son's face and smiled a confident smile, Polaris knew that if he and his could defeat Nemesis they could beat some pretender. "Son, I want you to remember something..." The proud king began. "Remember if something should happen to your mother and I to not to grieve for us but to look in..."

"I will, dad. I know you can kick them from here to Stalliongrad and back again..." Glaciem said as Optimistically as he could ignoring the gnawing feeling of doubt that clouded his mind.

King Polaris grinned as he laughed under his breath at his son's hopefull appraisal of his abilities. But the laugh did not last long; it was time to let his son get to safety. But as sad as he was Polaris knew it was for his son's own good. Polaris wrapped his son in a hug for what Glaciem felt like an eternity until finally the cold wind once again slammed into Glaciem's body, informing him the embrace was over as the heavy rattling of the gate's chains thundered and the gate flew open with a boom.

"Be off with you now son, it will be all right I promise..."

Polaris watched as his wife and son disappeared into the early morning rain filled fog before returning to his troops fighting the invaders that continued to tear away at his town's walls.

"Rixa, I give you my word as a warrior, what you do this night will be your downfall..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where could they be?" asked the impatient midnight purple Alicorn queen of Equestria. But as she fumed, she tried not to blame the besieged Equosian royals; after all the only reason she made it this close to the Equosian capital was because she blended in so well with the midnight sky or so she thought; her midnight blue, star-studded mane only added to her cloaking ability. The only real tell-tale signs she was there in the sky would be the moonlight glistening off of her golden armor and tiara.

"Nova!" cried a familiar voice as two pony shaped silhouettes emerged from the mist each wearing their own cloaks.

"Gaia?" asked Queen Nova nervously as a light green aura wrapped itself around the hood of the taller ponies cloak, revealing Queen Gaia's Dark brown face and Dark green mane.

"Thank you for doing this for us Nova, it really means a lot..." the Earth Queen admitted meekly,

"It's alright Gaia... Galaxus and I understand the importance of this."

"Is it okay if I say goodbye?" Gaia asked.

"Of course," Gaia looked down at the smaller cloaked individual as a white magical aura surrounded his hood and lowered it; revealing a light blue almost white alicorn colt who looked like he was on the brink of heartbreak.

Gaia nearly fell apart looking at her son sinking deeper into depression, but somehow managed to give a reassuring smile "Glaciem... your father and I are going to be busy for a while so I am going to leave you with Nova and Galaxus for a while okay?"

Glaciem found himself fighting back tears, which to him seemed like wrestling a manticore with no more than a fluff pillow. To him it was as if this was his mother's last words. He hated whatever was giving him these thoughts; he wanted to have hope, he wanted to believe his parents would make it through but a nagging voice in his heart told him otherwise.

"Will I ever see you again?"

Gaia slowly nodded in approval - if there was the one thing she was sure of it was the fact that one way or another they will see each other again. With that the two embraced each other with one final hug that seemed like an eternity; an eternity that Glaciem wished would never end. With the release of her wings Gaia sent Glaciem and Nova on their way back to Canterlot through the morning fog.

"Goodbye my son; ,may you one day discover why your special..."