• Published 14th May 2012
  • 2,038 Views, 48 Comments

Light of Harmony - Dark Alicorn Warrior



years before the show, Princess Celestia's best friend Prince Glaciem is taken from Equestria to become a strange but powerfull warrior...one who his masters say is was his destiny to become....once again

  • ...
0
 48
 2,038

Beast of the Everfree Forest

My Little Pony
Friendship is magic
The light of Harmony
Chapter VI
The Beast of the Everfree Forest

A silent wind blew over the crowd of marching costumed ponies; Making the trees and bushes sway and rustle. But the only thing colder than the night air around them, was the near-paralyzing sensation that something was not only looking at them; but watching, Hunting them.

Twilight could not understand why, but amidst the murmuring of both young and old ponies that marched to the meadow of the Nightmare Moon statue, The uncomfortable sensation continued to creep from her mind down her back. She felt like she and Spike were being watched by something out in the forest; but what? She, Spike, Pinkie, Lucus, and Silver was in the group of young trick or treater’s but none of the other ponies in the group had paid attention during the night. And whatever it was one thing was for certain; This feeling was not a friendly one.

However, the group did not have to go much farther until they came to the familiar opening where the statue of Nightmare Moon resided; A stone monolith depicting a wicked looking mare reeling in the moonlight; almost like she is preparing to deliver a final blow to the land.

"Listen close my little dears, and I shall tell you where you got your fears..." Zecora began.

"Of Nightmare Night so dark and scary and of Nightmare Moon who makes you wary. " She says as she pulled a light green, sparkling dust and blew it into the air blanketing the entire area around the statue in its mist. "Every year we put on a disguise, to save ourselves from her prying eyes. But Nightmare Moon wants just one thing; to gobble up ponies in one quick swing. On this night Hungrily she soars the skies, If she sees no-pony, she passes by. So if she comes and all is clear, Equestria is safe another year!"

Twilight barely paid attention to the traditional Nightmare Night story, The feeling of being watched had grown more and more present in Twilight's heart as the green fog engulfed the area around the statue. She had not noticed, however, the crimson Jack o Lantern grin of Nemesis' mask beside her in the bushes.

Suddenly Twilight felt a searing heat nearby followed by the terrified screams of colts and fillies, she turns around and finds them surrounded by mountains of flames.

"Twilight! Help!" Twilight had managed to hear Pinkie's voice above the flames.

Twilight rushes over to the inferno, hoping that Pinkie, Zecora, and all of her friends and neighbors managed to make it out or away.

The sight of her friends fleeing for their lives made Twilight feel as if she had lava in her veins.

"Why use that amulet? why not face me with your own strength? or are you too afraid to?" Twilight said while glaring at the metallic alicorn; who to her surprise just stood there unmoved.

" She isn't serious is she?" Nemesis thought to himself as he watched the lavender unicorn just stand there a smirk on her lips. her horn emanating a light purple glow. He had faced many unicorns in his long career with the darkness, but why does this one seem to be stronger than he gave her credit for?

He could sense the power this unicorn gave off. An impressive display of magic and power Nemesis hoped that would make a challenging adversary. Nemesis had learned many things while under the tutelage of his master and the horses of doom, many of which included forbidden spells from the banished ancient scroll of dark magic.

Written by King Sombra on his teachings from the horses of the apocalypse, designed to either completely dominate other ponies physically or drive them mad with the insanity of mind spells. But as powerful as these spells were, Sombra could not master them in time to save them, or himself, from banishment to the polar regions.

"Don't test me!" Growled Nemesis, bringing his horn to life in a swirling red aura.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle, Student of Princess Celestia and element of magic! I will take you down somehow!" Twilight declared defiantly. This alicorn may seem more powerful than she herself can fight, but she knew that the other elements.
Twilight saw what she could of the visual changes that this dark alicorn went through upon hearing the name "Celestia." It seems that the alicorn had finally begun to subside his rage for sadness, Twilight's interest was now peaked, Did this creature who attacked her and her friends somehow know the princess?

Suddenly the dark warrior stood up, a dark red aura spewing from his eyes. He lighted up his horn and fired a lightning spell against Twilight Sparkle. True to its mark, Twilight felt as if something heavy had slammed against her, paralyzing her, and sending her into a tree with a thud.

Twilight wasn't as focused on the headache she had just received as much as she was focused on how to defend herself from the approaching attacker with her body unable to move.

Nemesis approached the downed pony, somewhat disappointed that he did not get anything more than a mouth off from a potentially strong opponent. But as he loomed over her about ready to strike; he heard a voice in his mind. Granted it was a small voice compared to the overwhelming voice that was the alicorn amulet, But it still could not be ignored, telling him to control himself that maybe he is being too harsh.

Twilight writhed as much as she could finally she began to regain control of her body just as the sound of heavy metal hitting the ground drew nearer until she felt the icy cold touch of nemesis' steel leg armor tip on her stomach sending a shiver down her spine. She looked up into the masked face of her adversary, his eyes still belching red aura.

“ where is my necklace?” the alicorn growled in a cracked voice as red mists floated from his eyes.

Twilight gulped mentally but she could not back down now, this necklace for all she knew was a power source for this monster and she could not afford to let him get his hooves on it. Twilight gathered all the courage she could muster for what could be her last words.

“And if I refuse?”

“Then I’ll still get the information, by means of a power pony kind has not seen before…I just wanted to be a gentle-stallion and give you the opportunity to tell me the painless way.” Says Nemesis in a dark and threatening way.

A mixture of both confusion and fear gripped Twilight’s mind. What powers could he be referring to? What are these powers capable of? She had a feeling she was about to find out the hard way. "No, I won't be defeated like this! Equestria is counting on me!" With that the lavender unicorn activated her horn and with a powerful blast of her purple magic, she sent the alicorn tumbling back a few steps.

Nemesis noticed the unicorns violet covered electricity magic still crawl all over his armor, hearing it's sizzle as it bounced to and fro from one spike to another. The alicorn Warrior shook the dizziness from his mind and focused all his mental energy toward his horn; once again enveloping it into his signature dark red aura. The aura spread all over his body absorbing all of Twilight's magic and sending it surging to his horn. With a grunt, Nemesis sent the giant surge of electricity forward toward Twilight.

Twilight gasped in shock as she felt her heart skip a beat. The speed that the alicorn not only recovered from but made a counterattack after a magical surge like that was unheard of for Twilight. She also knew that if she didn't move soon she'll be a victim of her own disabling spell. Twilight focused as much energy as she could as quickly as she could and summoned a bubble around herself.

The light that consumed Twilight was nearly blinding to the dark warrior, who turned his head away from the light. Suddenly the light disappeared, momentarily leaving Nemesis alone with his captive ponies in the pillar. As quickly as it had disappeared the light orb re-appeared behind him, just as a loud crash of a dead tree fell behind him.

Nemesis once again brought his horn to life with the crackling of magical surge of electricity and quickly sent it forward to where the young unicorn had summoned herself.

Once again the familiar sensation of being slammed by A full cider barrel had reverberated through Twilight's body. She tightened every muscle she could to cushion the impact of the fall. she hit the cold hard ground of the everfree forest, dizzy and mentally as well as physically exhausted.

Twilight felt something grab her by the neck, to her surprise she was still able to breathe. But any sort of relief that gave was soon decimated when she was gazing into the red eyes of the alicorn. Many thoughts went through Twilight's mind but were more prevalent than the questions regarding Her mentor, Equestria, and her friends.

"What are you going to do with my friends?" Asks Twilight fearfully. She tried to block out the horrifying images of her friends and family in pain, but they just kept coming back like a re-occurring nightmare.

Nemesis exhaled some and looked the unicorn in the eye. He did not know why or how, but some part of him said that enough is enough. He asked himself why, why after a millennium of hunting down and gathering souls without a second thought was he now considering relieving this mare of her fears. Was it because he wanted to defeat her at her best? That he realized he was not doing what he was instructed to do? or maybe something else?

Whatever the reason Nemesis shook his head in weariness, Against his own judgment he turned his head around and activated his horn and shot a beam toward the pillar of flames.

Twilight watched in amazement as the pillar of fire began to swirl and then rocket toward the alicorn with such force that the trees around them swayed in the same direction. Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity, the familiar faces of the shaken trick or treaters re-appeared where the flames had once stood.

"I only needed them to be out of the way, but I will be on my way soon enough, just after I get the info" With that Nemesis activated his horn and shot a red beam into Twilight's horn. Nemesis closed his eyes as a flood of Twilight's memories flew around him. Finally, after a few minutes, he spotted his necklace being given to a white alicorn with a golden tiara and harness, golden slippers and a Light blue, green, and lavender mane flowing in the breeze.

"Here Princess! I managed to pull this off of the attacker." An echo of Twilight's voice said to a shocked "Celestia."
The Celestia in Twilight's memories seemed to look at the necklace

Twilight could tell he was in her mind looking for answers. She now pieced together that whoever this pony was, had a very strong command of the dark forces. A knowledge that barely anypony she ever knew had.

But through the mind read, she saw something unfamiliar, a scroll of ancient knowledge. More and more images began to assault her mind; the picture of a bloodied light blue alicorn, the said alicorn attacking Discord while the princesses prepared the elements of harmony, and this alicorn nuzzling the princess. A female draconaquus telling him that he has been lied to about Love. It was then that Twilight realized she was looking into the stallions memories just as she was looking into her's. Then the images disappeared and the whole world around her went black.

Lord Nemesis dropped the limp, unconscious body of his adversary to the ground with a hard thud as the other ponies watched; horror spread across their faces. Nemesis hardened his glare on the other ponies as if he was studying them.

"Did you truly think you were going to stand a chance against the power of war with Friendship?! Friendship and love do not exist" With that, Nemesis extended his wings; A loud scrape of metal sounding as he hoisted himself into the air and flew off into the night.

Pinkie rushed over to her unconscious friend her mane now hanging limply and flat against her head.

"Twilight! Please say something!"

Slowly the lavender unicorn opened her eyes to the relief of Pinkie and the group.

"Oh thank goodness!" Proclaimed Pinkie, her mane poofing back to its normal shape. "Twilight thank goodness you are okay, what did that meanie do to you?!" Asked Pinkie helping her friend to her hooves.

Twilight could only shake her head in disbelief, struggling to process what had just happened namely with the Alicorn's memory.

"I saw his memory Pinkie..."

"Whose memory?" asked a confused Pinkie

Twilight sighed as she closed her eyes, her head beginning to pound as she searched her memories for any signs of a name, a cutie mark, anything identifying about the stallion.

"I can't say for certain..."Twilight couldn't summon anything above a mere whisper, her body wracked by exhaustion. Her mind was in no better shape as it, too, hurt to even think about the memories she had just witnessed.

However, finally, The stallions memories she witnessed began to resurface in her mind. The unicorn stared at the ground, the burning in her chest eventually fading.

"But I believe we know somepony who may have an answer!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The young alicorn Warrior landed in a smaller meadow, guarded by a chasm and a decrepit looking castle as a silent wind blew across the forest.

Glaciem, the dark warrior, apprentice to the four horses of the end, Stood there holding back any memories that would hinder him in any way. Slowly he removed his mask; his scarred face now feeling the cold night air and the illuminating rays of the full moon and stars above.

"This is for you Celestia..."