• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 2,709 Views, 35 Comments

Big News - Frizzy



Humanized TwiJack. They tell their friends and family about them. Should be easy. Right?

  • ...
6
 35
 2,709

Girls' Night

"Hey, Twi," Applejack said, breaking the silence. The two of them were in Twilight Sparkle's bedroom; Twilight stood in front of a large vanity mirror, applying makeup, while Applejack brushed her golden locks in front of the mirror in the master bathroom. It was Saturday night, or girls' night out, as Pinkie Pie and Rarity liked to call it. The two of them were preparing to meet the rest of the girls at the Gilded Bridle, a local nightclub. "Ah've been thinking," the blonde woman continued. "That we should start telling our friends and family about us."

Twilight gulped, audibly. The two of them had been dating for about two months, now, and had yet to (willingly) announce their relationship to anyone. "I-I'm not sure, Applejack," Twilight stuttered. "I think plenty of people already know about the two of us."

"Really?" Applejack deadpanned, crossing her arms over her chest. "Who knows?"

"Spike knows," the librarian responded.

"That's because he walked in on us bumpin' uglies. Who else knows?"

"Winona," Twilight answered.

"Twi," Applejack said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Winona's a dog."

"She's still a person..." Twilight muttered. "I'm still just nervous about the whole thing. I mean, what if everyone thinks we make a great couple, and then things don't work out between the two of us, we go back to being friends, and then everyone's let down by us breaking up?"

"Look, Twilight," Applejack said, putting her hands on the smaller woman's shoulders. "Ah'm more confident than Rainbow Dash is at an opportunity to show off that this will work out, and Ah know that everyone will be fine with us being together."

"I-I know, Applejack. I'm just nervous. This is my first relationship, and I want things to go perfectly." Twilight said, hesitantly.

"Ah know, Twi," Applejack said, drawing Twilight in for a hug. "Besides, Ah ain't sayin' we have to tell everyone tonight. Just soon," Applejackfinished, kissing Twilight on the cheek.

"Now come on," Applejack said, giving Twilight a playful slap on the behind. "We're gonna be late."

...

"Sorry we're late," Twilight said, as her and Applejack joined the rest of their friends at a table at the Guilded Bridle. The other four girls were already seated around a table, enjoying their first round of drinks (or in Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash's and case, second), and were chatting about their days.

"Oh, it's no problem at all, dears," Rarity responded, sipping her martini. "We already went ahead and ordered drinks for you," she continued, handing a beer to Applejack, and a glass of scotch to Twilight.

"Thanks, Rares," Applejack said, taking the beer. "So, what's going on?"

"We're trying to see how many drinks it takes for Fluttershy to hit on someone," Pinkie said, downing her beer. "I'm going to need another," she said, motioning to the bartender.

"And?" Twilight asked, sipping her scotch.

"No good," Dash said, following Pinkie's example, and finishing her drink. "She's drinking responsibly."

"I don't want to hit on anyone..." Fluttershy muttered into her daiquiri.

"Well, we do have all night," Applejack said, sipping her drink.

"Ooh! How about we play a drinking game to speed things along?" Pinkie Pie blurted.

"Really?" Rarity inquired. "A drinking game? Isn't that a little... crude?"

"I think it sounds like fun!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "But which one?"

"Well, whatever game it is," Rarity said, setting her glass down." "I will not be joining. At least one of us should be a responsible adult and able to drive at the end of the night." She then turned to Twilight. "What about you, dear? Certainly you will not be joining them in their juvenile escapades."

"I don't know, Rarity," Twilight replied, setting her now empty glass down on the table. "I've never played a drinking game before. I think it could be fun."

"Awesome! We got a newbie!" Dash said, grinning at Twilight. "I know just the game to play."

"Oh, yeah?" Applejack said, raising an eyebrow. "What would that be?"

"Quarters," Rainbow Dash said, slamming a coin onto the table.

...

Fifteen minutes later, the game was in full swing. Fluttershy was, surprisingly, very good at the game. Rainbow Dash missed about half of her shots, most likely do to becoming increasingly inebriated as the game went on. Pinkie and Applejack were doing fairly well, making their shots more often than they missed. Twilight however...

"Oooooh, damn!" Twilight slurred, missing, yet again. "Looksh like I need another drink," she said motioning at the bartender, who was beginning to look worried. As soon as the shot of bourbon arrived, Twilight slammed it back, sighing, contentedly.

"Er, Twilight?" Rainbow said, poking her friend's side. "I-I think you've had enough."

"Yes, dear, I think it's about time we got you home," Rarity said, clearing away the empty shot glasses.

"Here," Applejack said, rising from the table. "Ah'll take her home. It's been fun, y'all." She gently lifted Twilight from her seat. "C'mon, Twi. Time to get you home."

"Applejack, wait," Twilight said. She then drew the taller girl into a passionate, sloppy kiss. The taste of alcohol burned Applejack's mouth. The sound of Rarity and Rainbow Dash's camera phones snapping pictures were the only sound heard around the table.

"I am so writing about this, later," Rainbow whispered.

"Girlsh," Twilight slurred, limply hanging off of Applejack's shoulder. "Apples and I are dating. We've been together for two months. And she loves it when I lick her feet, which I plan on doing a lot of tonight," she announced, drawing her girlfriend in for another kiss. Applejack was blushing redder than her whole orchard. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go throw up," she said, turning, and then stumbling into the men's restroom.

The rest of the girls turned to look at Applejack. "Well?" Rarity exclaimed. "Is it true?"

"Yeah," Applejack said. "Ah wanted to tell you sooner, but Twilight was real nervous about it, so we waited. Didn't think it would take her getting drunk for y'all to find out."

"What about the thing about licking your feet?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack glared at her. "Ah ain't even gonna dignify that with an answer."

"Excuse me," the girls turned to see Thunderlane approaching, Twilight passed out in his arms, and vomit on his shirt. "Does this belong to you?"

Author's Note:

I used Quarters as the drinking game, because it's the only one I really know, because I didn't go to any parties with alcohol when I was in high school. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go rethink my life.