• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 2,709 Views, 35 Comments

Big News - Frizzy



Humanized TwiJack. They tell their friends and family about them. Should be easy. Right?

  • ...
6
 35
 2,709

An Awkward Confession

The rest of the day continued about as Twilight had expected it would. She, her mother, and Cadence all spent the afternoon browsing the various shops, visiting the local landmarks, and even stopped into Sugarcube Corner to get a quick snack (and to say "hi" to Pinkie Pie, of course). Unfortunately, Twilight Velvet and Cadence continued trying to set Twilight up with every guy in Ponyville.

Thankfully, all of the "elligible bachelors" had their own excuses for not accepting the offer to date Twilight, saving her the trouble of making her own. Pokey Pierce was gay, Noteworthy already had a girlfriend, the Doctor was too busy for a relationship, and Caramel... mumbled incoherently before fainting. 'Poor guy,' Twilight thought as his friends worked to revive him. 'I hope someday he can work out his fear of women.'

"I can't believe none of the men in this town want to date my baby girl!" exclaimed Velvet, as they walked up the front steps of Twilight's home. "You're cute, you're smart, you're a national hero, and you're practically royalty! What is it that men just don't like about you?"

"Maybe, she's already dated all the guys in town," Cadence suggested, laughing. "Is that it, Twilight? You're the town heartbreaker?"

"It's nothing like that!" Twilight rebutted, blushing. "Everyone in town is pretty busy with work, and they probably all know that I'm exceptionally busy, and don't have the time for a relationship, between running the library, working with the princesses, and spending time with my friends." Twilight reached into her pocket, pulling out her house key, and unlocking the door. "I really don't get why the two of you are so hellbent on getting me a date. I'm fine, for now. I've got everything I need in life, at the moment."

"We just want to to be happy, Twily," Velvet said. "We don't want you to be forty years old, and the closest thing to kids you have are a dozen cats. Do you really want to end up like your uncle Dusk?"

The three women walked inside, and were greeted by the smell of cooking. "Is Spike home?" Cadence asked. "I thought he was going to be with his friends for a few more hours."

"There ya are, Twilight!" Applejack greeted, poking her head out from the kitchen. She walked over to her girlfriend, embracing her in a hug, and planting a kiss on her cheek. "Supper should be just about ready."

"A-Applejack!" Twilight spluttered, blushing. "W-what are you doing here? I thought you were going to be busy at the farm all day?"

"Ah was," the tall, blonde woman replied. "Then Rainbow Dash came by, and said yer ma and sister would love it if I stopped by and made y'all dinner, and got to know them a bit better. She even offered to take over the rest of the farm work, if you can believe that."

"Twilight," Velvet spoke up. "Why is your friend making us dinner? Why does she want to get to know me better? Why did she kiss you?"

Applejack turned to Twilight, a confused expression plastered on her face. "Ya haven't told 'em, yet?"

"I've been trying to think of the best way to tell them all day," Twilight replied, looking down at her feet. She turned to her mom and Cadence. "You've both already met Applejack. The two of us have been dating for a couple of months, now."

"You could have just told us when we kept trying to set you up with all the guys in town," Cadence laughed. "In fact, wasn't that her brother the first one we tried? And here I was just about to suggest that we try hooking you up with some girls, tomorrow, but it appears you've already found one."

"She seems like a good match for you, dear," Velvet said, smiling. "Guess you won't end up like your uncle, after all."

"Well, now I guess just about everyone knows, now," Twilight said, turning to her mother and sister in law. "You two will tell dad and Shining, right?" Both nodded in reply. "Good," the librarian responded. "It feels so much better having everyone know."

The stove timer went off in the kitchen. "Supper's ready," Applejack said. "C'mon, let's go set the table. Would either of you happen to have embarrassing stories about Twilight when she was younger?" she asked, earning a playful slap on the arm.

And so they ate a pleasant dinner, and exchanging embarrassing stories about our dear Twilight, which she vowed to get revenge by getting Applejack's family to spill equally mortifying stories about her. And our adorable couple was finally happy knowing that their families finally knew about their relationship.

Author's Note:

To be honest, this last chapter could have been written a bit better, but I just really wanted to get it out because I'm about to leave for boot camp, and it's already been over a year since I started writing this short story.

Expect an epilogue soon, and a sequel whenever. Another one of the Mane 6 gonna get shipped, but with whom?