• Published 11th Jan 2015
  • 539 Views, 8 Comments

Applejack's Misfortune - SpunkyBrony



When a loved one passes on it is a hard process to accept, how will Applejack handle?

  • ...
1
 8
 539

Depression

Depression:
The hut was filled with silence for a long while until Applejack spoke up, "Ah'll take it."

Zecora was chilled to the bone, she couldn't believe what she was hearing, what the sound of anguish and depression would be like. At first she wanted to deny Applejack's wishes and tip the cauldron onto the floor, sending the horrifying liquid crashing to the floor, even if it meant her hut was obliterated but Zecora understood Applejack's wants and filled the vial with the dangerous concoction. Zecora then placed the vial in Applejack's hoof but was reluctant to release the poison from her hoof.

Applejack gripped the potion and tried to pull away but Zecora held the poison with all her might, "Please rethink this Applejack." Zecora pleaded.

"This aint none of your business Zecora!" Applejack snapped.

Zecora was ready to retort against Applejack's aggressive reply but as it was against her peaceful nature, Zecora regretfully released the poison into Applejack's hooves.

Applejack didn't waste any time inside Zecora's hut after she was handed the poison, Applejack dashed to Sweet Apple Acre's, leaving behind 5 bits for Zecora's assistance, and locked herself inside her room.

When she was settled inside her room Applejack placed the poison onto the bedside table and rested her head against the her pillow, immediately drifting off to sleep.

When Applejack woke up she immediately reached for the container and pulled the cork from the vial letting the putrid smell escape the glass, the vile smell caught onto Applejacks snout and refused to release, like a snake onto its prey.

However Applejack had fewer problems to muscle through than the renching aroma perversing her snout, how would she bring herself to drink the poison. Applejack sat on her bed while cradling the poison in both her hooves for the next 2 hours as still as statue, the world around her seemed to fade away and the only point of interest or importance was the vial standing in her hooves, Applejack stared into the vial opening watching the green liquid move left to right as her hands shook from the adrenaline.

Finally what brought Applejack to drink the poison was the idea of her sorrow and pain disappear with one swig of a putrid liquid. Applejack brought the poison closer to her mouth, the horrible aroma made Applejack want to push the poison away but it still crept closer to her mouth.

Applejack placed the lip of the vial upon hers and tilted it slowly, the green liquid spilled closer to Applejack's lip and she could feel it approach her slowly, the warm heat of the liquid touched Applejack, but only slightly.

The poison felt the soft embrace of Applejack's lips but it hated it, the poison tore at her flesh and squeezed the life from her lips. The pain was unbearable, before Applejack could let anymore touch her she ripped the vial from her lips, sending it hurling towards the wall, smashing into small shards of red glass and sending drops of poison across the room to dissolve everything it touches. Applejack screamed in agony, but it was not heard by anypony as Applebloom and Big Macintosh had left to plan for the funeral with other family members.

Applejack grabbed her lip, the poison still dissolved her bottom lip and when she touched it she felt the horrendous pain welcome her hooves, the poison somehow transferred from her lip to her hoof. Again Applejack felt the excruciating pain on her skin, the dissolving liquid burnt slowly into Applejack's hooves turning her orange skin into a fleshy pink.

Applejack dashed to the bathroom where she then made effort to turn on the tap through the painful sting of the cold steel against her slowly revealing flesh, when water flowed from the faucet Applejack didn't hesitate to throw her hooves under the water. When the water cleared the frothing poison away and made contact with Applejack's 3rd degree burns it was painful beyond explanation but after a while of forcing herself to keep her hooves under the rushing water it began to soothe her hooves, giving delight and pleasure to Applejack.

After twenty minutes of standing over the sink with water flowing against Applejack's hooves blood started to drip hastily from her lip onto the sink edge, and not soon after her hooves started to mix blood with the rushing water on her hooves. Applejack pulled her hooves away and started to stingily wrap bandages around her hooves and lip, Applejack couldn't believe she was supposed to ingest that horrible liquid.
After Applejack's painful episode she trudged to her room where she was met with horrifying consequences, the poison she had thrown from her lip onto the floor had splattered across multiple areas of the room, creating holes on every surface introduced to the poison, some areas were still dissolving and heating.

Applejack painfully trotted to the wreckage left in the room. Inspecting closer Applejack realised that multiple items had become victim to the poison, her desk lamp had been ripped to pieces, her desk containing all her inkwells was now dripping with black ink but none of these things had mattered to Applejack, not more than the last Family Reunion photo that had been sitting above her desk and was now missing half of the family members.

It was only by luck that Granny Smith was still smiling happily in the photo surrounded by Applejack, Big Mac and Applebloom. Applejack pressed the photo close to her chest and climbed into her bed, the picture still held against her chest. Applejack now had her bed sheets pulled over her head and was sobbing quietly until she finally fell asleep, even though it was early in the morning.