• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 55 Comments

Pinkamena's Awakening: From Malice and Hate - Kingsley



Pinkamena attempts to return to reality under a new name and look, but has she truly changed for the better?

  • ...
1
 55
 1,149

The Friends I Never Had, Part 2

Chapter 7: The Friends I Never Had, Part 2

"Zzzzzz...." Einna snored loudly. "Auggghhhh... Zzzzzzz....'

Lilith opened the bedroom door and went to Einna's bedside.

"Man I didn't know she was such a loud snorer..." Lilith chuckled. "Hey! Einna! Wake up!"

"Augh huh!? Wha?" Einna jumped. "Oh... it's only you Lilith, good morning to ya."

"More like good afternoon." Lilith said, pointing at the clock and noticing Einna's expression. "You still look pretty tired."

"Oh yea, I'm sorry... I didn't expect to sleep for that long." Einna said, her eyes with dark bags underneath them. She attempted to sit up but cried from her back pain. "Ah! Ah! M-My back..."

"It looks like you still haven't fully healed surprisingly... I knew your powers had weakened but I didn't think they would have weakened this much so quickly..." Lilith said. "In any case, just keep resting for now. You don't have to worry about a search party or something coming for you..."

"Really? Oh thank you Lilith... you don't know how much that means to me..." Einna replied happily, falling back into the bed. "I'm surprised that they just decided to stop..."

"Actually, I was out all night last night talking to Twilight and her friends. It was... quite hard trying to convince them... but I was able to do it in the end." Lilith said. "In fact, their downstairs right now and they want to talk to you."

"Oh that's good... at least I'll be able to sAY WHOA WHOA WAIT! Downstairs? N-Now!? I can't I-I don't think I'm ready so suddenly!" Einna cried, pulling her cover partially over her face. "W-What if they just want to get rid of me..."

Lilith walked closer to Einna and lifted her chin. "I won't let them do that. They may be my friends, but I'm not going to let them hurt you."

Einna smiled at Lilith as a single tear fell from her eye. The door opened and Grimm peaked her head in.

"Hey Lilith HeHe... Twilight and the others want to know if they can come up now HeHe..." Grimm said.

"Yes, send them up." Lilith said.

"Lilith!" Einna said in a soft, scared voice while grabbing her scarf.

"You'll be fine... just relax and talk to them... show them that you've truly changed for the better..." Lilith said, comforting her and standing by the head of her bed.

The door opened again and Twilight and her friends walked in. They looked at Einna, who was crippled and lying in bed with extremely tired eyes. Grimm chuckled and closed the door as she left the room.

"Umm... h-hi there..." Einna said nervously.

"...Hello... Einna..." Twilight said carefully. "How um... how have you been?"

"I've um... I've been... fine, kinda." Einna said softly.

There was an awkward silence for a minute.

"Okay! Are we really doing this? I know we agreed to do this Lilith, but this is ridiculous! We've given her too many chances!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "Have you forgotten what she did to you!? Out of all ponies?"

Just as Lilith was about to speak, Einna lifted her hoof to her mouth to stop her.

"...You all hate me, I know that..." Einna said sadly. "It only took me failure after failure to finally get what I always wanted... and that was friends like you... even if it was only for a short time... it was the happiest moment of my life!"

All of their eyes widened. They looked at each other with slight confusion.

"Really now? How do we know you weren't just egging us on! So you could do... whatever evil thing it is that you do!" Rarity questioned.

"Yea how can you expect us to believe you? After everything that you did? After everyone that you've hurt!?" Applejack asked angrily.

"We shouldn't have agreed to this in the first place! We should just end her right now!" Rainbow Dash said, walking quickly towards her.

Lilith stepped in front of her with her horn glowing a deep red.

"Touch her and you can bet your life I will-" Lilith threatened, as she felt a tug on her scarf. Lilith turned around to see Einna shaking her head.

"No Lilith... it's okay... step back..." Einna said sadly.

"What? But Einna if I do then..." Lilith said, looking at Einna's facial expression. She dropped her head down and the glow from her horn disappeared. She then proceeded to back up from Rainbow Dash.

"Come closer Rainbow..." Einna said softly, signaling her with her hoof.

"What? You're okay with me?... What are you planning huh? Are you trying to get me to drop my guard!?" Rainbow Dash asked furiously.

Einna lifted her hoof and showed her the extremely weak faint purple sparks emitting from it.

"I couldn't do anything to you if I wanted to Rainbow... I barely have any power anymore..." Einna said, letting out some pained groans. "...You've always wanted me dead... and I don't blame you... you're just trying to protect your friends after all..."

Rainbow Dash's expression changed to a surprised and remorseful look. "I... well yea... I mean... who wouldn't right?"

"...Extend your hoof please..." Einna asked softly as she smiled slightly.

Rainbow Dash hesitated at first, but proceeded to extend her hoof at Einna. Einna weakly clutched Rainbow's hoof and turned it into a fist and brought it close to her face.

"Einna!" Lilith cried.

"Don't! Lilith..." Einna said softly. "This is Rainbow's decision..."

"Einna!? W-What are you doing?" Rainbow Dash said, completely surprised and taken aback.

"...I'm so weak now Rainbow... I know... that you've always hated me since the day I emerged..." Einna said sadly. "I've always wanted a friend like you... all of you... and I'm glad I was able to experience it!"

"...Are you... asking me to..." Rainbow Dash said, almost tearing up.

"I'm not asking you to do anything Rainbow... I'm just giving you the opportunity to do what you've always to do since our first encounter." Einna said, slightly laughing. "...Heh... when I first confronted you I completely overpowered you... isn't it funny how things turn out in the end?..."

Rainbow Dash looked at Einna with teary eyes. She turned around to look at her friends, who were also on the verge of crying. Rainbow Dash turned back to look at Einna, who had her eyes closed.

"I... I... AHHHHHH!" Rainbow Dash yelled, slamming her hoof down on the bedside and not hitting Einna. "I... I can't... I can't do it..."

"I thought you always wanted to..." Einna said softly.

"That was in the past... how could I hit someone who has been nothing but friendly since they came to town only a few days ago?" Rainbow Dash said, with a small smile. "How could I hit someone who enjoyed hayburgers and fries with all of us?... How could I hit... one of my friends?"

Einna's eyes started to flood with tears. "R...R... RAINBOW!!" Einna cried, as she leapt up and hugged Rainbow Dash while sobbing loudly.

"What do all of you think you're doing back there!? Get over here!" Rainbow Dash cried.

Everyone else gathered around Einna and group hugged as they cried. Lilith watched and wiped away a single tear from her eye with a smile. After a few minutes, the ponies started to disperse and wipe away their tears.

"Einna?" Pinkie said, walking closer to her bedside. "...That's a really cute name you've chosen..."

"Heh... thanks Pinkie... I'm glad you like it." Einna said happily.

"...When I first met you those few days ago... I always wondered why I felt like I knew you... why you felt so familiar." Pinkie said, touching her brooch. "You've finally changed Einna... I'm so happy for you..."

"Thank you Pinkie... thank you so much... all of you... you've all made me so... so..." Einna said, her words losing meaning as she fell back onto the bed.

"What's wrong with her Lilith?" Fluttershy asked.

"Don't worry, this is normal for entities like us. Her body is just reacting to the sudden shift in her personality." Lilith explained. "Without that negative energy fueling her, her stamina is drastically being reduced as a result. It looks like this is the very first one since she's breathing quite heavily."

"Will she be okay?" Twilight asked. "She's not going to.. die is she?"

"Heh... it's funny how much you all care about her now." Lilith said with a smile. "But no she'll be fine, she just needs to rest for a while. The first one is always the worst. She'll regain her strength by tomorrow and she'll be good as new. She'll experience sudden fatigue and weariness like this for the rest of her life, though they won't be as extreme as this one. Even I still experience small episodes like this now and then, since were acting outside of birthed emotions."

"Well... then I guess we'll head out now Lilith. Thank you for convincing us to give her one last chance... I'm happy that she's finally changed." Twilight said.

"I'm happy for her too Twilight, would you mind telling the townsponies and even the Princess's about her? I have to stay here and watch her." Lilith requested.

"Of course, I think everyone needs to hear this as soon as possible!" Twilight said, proceeding to walk out of the room with her friends. "When she wakes up and she's feeling better, tell her to come by the castle, I'd love to spend more time with her!"

"Pfft forget that! Tell her to stop by my place! I wanna see just how much she can keep up with me when we play all the activities I've got planned for us!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well, I'd love it if she could stop by sometime and see all my animals. I'd love to have a relaxing chat with her..." Fluttershy asked sweetly.

"I most certainly would love it if she'd stop by Carousel Boutique! We have such similar tastes in fashion and I'd love to make something for her!" Rarity said enthusiastically.

"Have her stop by the farm sometime! I'd love to introduce her to the family! I'd also appreciate some help around the farm." Applejack said.

"Tell her when she's ready she can some back to work! We still have a lot of training to go through! Those cupcakes ain't gonna bake themselves!" Pinkie laughed.

All of them chatted about Einna as they proceeded to leave Lilith's house. Grimm walked upstairs past Twilight and the others and looked into the room.

"Looks like everything went well HeHe..." Grimm said.

"Better than expected." Lilith said, smiling as she looked at Einna. "Heh... when she wakes up she's going to have an entirely different life..."

- The Next Day -

Einna snored in her sleep again. she tossed in the bed until she was awoken by the door opening.

"Huh?" Einna said, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, hey Lilith! Good... morning!"

"Yes it's actually morning this time." Lilith chuckled, setting a tray of food down in front of her. "You didn't eat at all yesterday so you must be starving."

"You read my mind!" Einna said, sitting up from her bed completely healed. "My back is better now too! Things are finally looking up for me!"

"Indeed, now just relax and eat your food." Lilith said, walking towards the door. "Someone is here to see, it should be someone you remember."

"Who is it?" Einna asked, her mouth filled with food.

Lilith opened the door and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna entered the room.

Einna nearly choked on her food as she swallowed it.

"Celestia! L-Luna!" Einna said nervously. "F-Forgive me! It's um... it's a pleasure to see you."

"Hello... Einna, that is what you go by now right?" Celestia asked. "Twilight informed us about who you really were... and at first we were very skeptical on the situation."

"O-Oh, were you?" Einna asked nervously.

"At first we weren't sure if we should allow it... but Twilight and even her friends made a very convincing argument." Luna said, laughing a little. "Also, seeing you fiercely eat that food in bed makes you look quite harmless in my eyes."

"Heh heh... thanks Luna... listen to me Princess Luna, Princess Celestia!" Einna asked. "I promise that I've changed, and I will be a benefit to society! Like my sister here Lilith, you know that demons like us can change! I will do whatever I can to repent for what I did in the past!"

Celestia and Luna smiled as they looked at eachother. "That won't be necessary Einna. We're more than confident that you've changed your ways. All we ask is that you make yourself at home here in Ponyville and live happily. We look forward to seeing you again the future Einna."
Celestia said, proceeding to leave the room with Luna.

"Wait! Princess Luna!" Einna called.

"Yes Einna?" Luna responded.

"Is um... is that position you offered me in The Royal Guard still available?" Einna asked nervously.

"Of course Einna, it will always be there for when you decide to take it up." Luna said. "You have all the time in the world to choose a time to join."

"Thank you Princess! I'll keep that in mind!" Einna said, continuing to eat and finish her food.

Princess Celestia and Luna left the room and proceeded outside.

"Well Einna, it looks like you're feeling a lot better now." Lilith said, taking the tray from Einna.

"I feel amazing Lilith! I've finally been given the chance to do what I've always wanted..." Einna said happily. "The only question is... where should I start?"

"I'm glad you brought that up. Before everyone left yesterday, they all wanted to spend more time with you." Lilith said. "It's up to you though who you want to see first."

"Really? All of them? Wow... I didn't expect that!" Einna expressed, giggling with cheer. "Hmm... actually, I think I'd like to hang out with Rainbow Dash first today."

"Rainbow Dash? Really? I expected you to say Pinkie." Lilith said.

"Don't get me wrong, I do want to spend time with her but I think me and her are already on good terms from yesterday... since I am part of her heh heh..." Einna said. "As of now, I want to try and become better friends with everyone else, and what better way to start then with the one who hated me the most!"

"You've got an interesting way of doing things... but I like that about you." Lilith said, walking towards the door with the tray.

"Wait! Do you think I could use your shower before I go? I haven't showered in a while..." Einna said.

"Sure, its down the hall and to the right." Lilith said. "Don't worry about taking off your brooch, my aura is still masking you so you'll be fine."

"Thanks Lilith! I wouldn't have made it this far without you..." Einna expressed.

"You don't have to thank me, we are sisters after all." Lilith said as she smiled.

"Yea... sisters!" Einna said happily.

Einna went into Lilith's bathroom and proceeded to remove her brooch and shawl. Her form returned and she turned on the shower, scrubbing herself and relaxing under the water. When she was finished, she returned to her new form and went downstairs into the living room.

"Well looks who's finally feeling better HeHe... it's nice to see you up Einna HeHe..." Grimm said.

"Thanks Grimm, it's good to finally be up!" Einna said, looking at the clock and noticing it's still early. "Rainbow Dash should be up at this time, she looks like the athletic type."

"Alright Einna, I hope you have a great time with your new friends and basically your new life." Lilith said with a smile as she handed her a small map to Rainbow Dash's House. "Rainbow Dash lives in a Cloud Palace above Ponyville, you can't miss it but if you do somehow, here's a map to show you the way."

"Thanks Lilith! I'll come visit you again the next time I get the chance!" Einna said, hugging Lilith.

"I'll look forward to it." Lilith expressed. "However, don't forget about you know who... when he returns..."

"I haven't forgotten Lilith, and you can bet I won't." Einna said confidently. "When he shows himself here again... you can bet he'll be in for quite the surprise..."

"Again, I looked forward to it..." Lilith said, nudging Einna on.

Einna backed away from Lilith and opened the door. The warm sun shone on her mane and gave her a sense of relaxation and happiness. With an enthusiastic smile, she stepped outside and was ready to experience her new life.