• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 1,149 Views, 55 Comments

Pinkamena's Awakening: From Malice and Hate - Kingsley



Pinkamena attempts to return to reality under a new name and look, but has she truly changed for the better?

  • ...
1
 55
 1,149

All For Nothing

Chapter 5: All For Nothing

"Zzzzzzzzz..." Einna snored. "Zzzzzzzz... ahhh more hayburgers please... Zzzzzzzz..."

Einna slept soundly in her bed, drool leaking out of her mouth and onto her pillow.

"Einna!" Hermaeus Mora said. "Wake up Einna!"

"Huh? Eh? W-What?" Einna questioned, slowly sitting up and rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Oh Morie... you're finally talking again..."

"Sorry, I've been... thinking about some things." Hermaeus Mora expressed. "But that's besides the point, you really overslept Einna. You should have been at Sugarcube Corner an hour ago!"

"WHAT!? ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" Einna panicked, stumbling out of bed and running towards the bathroom. "It's my first day too! This is a horrible first impression I'm leaving!"

Einna quickly took a shower and woke herself up as she got ready to leave. She sprinted out of her house and ran towards Sugarcube Corner, bursting into the building through the front doors.

"Pinkie! I-I'm here!" Einna said, breathing nervously. "Pinkie?"

"Why hello there!" Mrs. Cake said greeted. "Are you Einna? You were supposed to be here a while ago."

"Oh! Hi Einna! You know you're like an hour late right?" Pinkie stated, as she emerged from the kitchen. "That's not really a good way to start things off."

"I know I'm so sorry! I really overslept this morning and by the time I woke up it was already too late..." Einna apologized. "I know it's a bad start but I promise to work extra hard! I won't let you down Pinkie!"

"Hmm... what do you think Mrs. Cake?" Pinkie asked.

"Well she is still new here so I'll overlook it this time, but I hope from now on I hope you'll come in on time." Mrs. Cake said.

Yes I will! Thank you Mrs. Cake!" Einna expressed.

"Go on Pinkie, take her to the kitchen and have her begin her orientation." Mrs. Cake said.

"You got it! Come on Einna! I know were gonna have so much fun working together!" Pinkie said.

"Heh... I'm looking forward to it Pinkie." Einna said happily. "Yes... I'm looking forward to the two of us having fun together..."

Einna followed Pinkie into the kitchen. She proceeded to go behind the counter with Pinkie, who started to take out a bunch of baking ingredients.

"Alright Einna! We've got a lot of orders to fill today and we're already behind so I'm gonna quickly go over the things for your orientation alright?" Pinkie said. "Okay first things first! Do you have any experience baking?"

"Baking? Wait a minute... isn't that the thing Pinkie did everyday in this place? With that stretchy stuff and white powder? I don't know how to actually do it though..." Einna thought. "Well um... I think I've seen somepony do it before but I've never actually done it myself..."

"Hmm I see... I was hoping you'd have a little experience but it's okay! I'll teach you the basics today and help you through the orders!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Thanks Pinkie, I'm sorry that I don't know anything when it comes to this stuff..." Einna expressed.

"Don't worry about it! That's why this is an orientation for you! Just focus and take your time." Pinkie said. "It'll be fine, even if we don't get through everything we need to!"

"Thanks Pinkie, I'm looking forward to working with you!" Einna said happily.

Pinkie explained to Einna all the different things to bake and how you go about doing so. Einna tried to make cupcakes, muffins, cakes, pies, and cookies. Sadly, she failed miserably at each attempt.

"Is this enough batter Pinkie?" Einna asked, pouring a different amount of batter into each baking hole. "I still don't know if I'm doing this right..."

"Well put in the oven and let's see what happens!" Pinkie yells, shoving the sheet into the oven and closing it.

After a few minutes, the oven door opened with a puff of smoke. Einna carefully pulled out the sheet of charred muffins. Pinkie took a bite and started chewing very loudly.

"Mmmmm!! Much better than the last 46 batches! I can only taste a little bit of ash this time!" Pinkie said, swallowing the muffin.

"Oh maybe we should just forget about it Pinkie... I'm no baker and I don't think I'll ever be able to get it right..." Einna said, throwing the sheet away.

"Heyyy come on now! You're not gonna be a master at this in one day! It takes a lot of practice to get everything right, even I still mess up sometimes!" Pinkie said, consoling Einna.

"R-Really? So you think I can do it?" Einna asked.

"Of course! You just gotta keep at it! Eventually you'll be a pro in the kitchen!" Pinkie exclaimed, looking at the time. "Whoops! Looks like it's closing time, we'll continue your training tomorrow Einna!"

"Alright Pinkie, I'll try to wake up on time for once too!" Einna laughed, walking out of the kitchen.

"Hello Einna, how was your training with Pinkie?" Mr. Cake asked.

"It went well, I just have a lot more practice to do if I want to really be of any help though." Einna said.

"Well don't you worry about that, I'm sure Pinkie will turn you into a professional in no time." Mrs. Cake said.

"Thanks Mrs. Cake, that means a lot coming from you!" Einna expressed.

"Oh before you go, would you mind wiping down the counter here really quick? We have to go and get the little ones upstairs ready for bed." Mrs. Cake asked.

"Of course, I'd be happy to." Einna said, walking behind the counter.

"Thanks Einna, we'll see you tomorrow!" Mr. Cake said, walking upstairs with Mrs. Cake.

Pinkie was still cleaning up the kitchen while Einna was wiping down the counter. As she was finishing up, the front door opened.

"Sorry but we're closed now, come back tomorrow and we-" Einna said, stopping herself.

Einna looked up and noticed 3 shady and muscular stallions. Noticing their facial expressions, it was obvious what their intentions were.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Einna asked, in a very annoyed tone.

"Now what's with the attitude huh? We haven't said a single thing yet and you're already attacking us." The Head Stallion said. "Maybe we're just here to place an order ya'know?"

"Sorry but like I said before we're closed..." Einna said, in a more serious tone. "I'd say come back tomorrow, but I'd prefer it if you didn't..."

"My my, such disrespect am I right? Well we can't have that now can we?" The Head Stallion said. "But I'll tell ya what sweetheart, just hand over everything in the register and we'll forget everything that's happened here."

"Einna? Is everything alright out here? I heard voices but we're supposed to be closed right no-" Pinkie said, cutting herself off. "Hey! What do you think you're doing!?"

"Stay in the kitchen Pinkie! I'll handle these brutes myself." Einna said, hopping over the counter.

"But Einna! You can't take on all 3 of them at once! It's too much for you!" Pinkie said.

"Don't interfere Pinkie! Please! Just leave it to me!" Einna said, with a menacing tone.

"Well you're a feisty one aren't you? Unfortunately I was hoping we could have done this the easy way, but ya leave me no choice." The Head Stallion said, pointing his hoof at her. "Take care of her."

The 2 accomplices walked towards Einna.

"Come on now girl you're only making this harder on yourself." The 1st Accomplice said, raising his hoof at her.

"Only use my strength and my speed..." Einna thought, lifting her hoof and stopping the accomplice's.

"What!?" The 1st Accomplice said.

Einna smiled as she flung his hoof upwards and roundhouse kicked him straight in the gut, sending him flying back towards the wall and leaving a crack in it.

"You little! I'm gonna grind you into dust!" The 2nd accomplice said, running towards her and attempting to punch her.

Einna sidestepped and brought her hoof crashing down on his back, causing him to fall to the floor instantly. She then proceeded to kick him towards the wall with a strong impact.

Both of the accomplices laid unconscious. The only one left was the Head Stallion.

"I-I don't believe this! How are you so strong!?" The Head Stallion asked fearfully.

"If I told you..." Einna said, quickly running behind the Head Stallion, almost instantaneously. "You probably wouldn't believe me..."

Einna punched his chin upwards and violently kicked him through the front door of the building, where he laid passed out.

"Phew." Einna said. "Did you see that Mora? I can't believe that just happened."

No response.

"Why don't you ever say anything anymore..." Einna said softly.

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING!" Pinkie screamed, running to hug Einna. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOOK ON ALL 3 OF THOSE GUYS AND WON! WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING A SWEAT!"

"T-Thanks Pinkie, but it was nothing really... I was only doing what was necessary..." Einna said.

"But it WAS something! You saved not only the money! But you saved me too!" Pinkie yelled, hugging Einna even more. "I can't thank you enough for what you did!"

"Pinkie... I'm so happy to hear you say that..." Einna said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Aww Einna! You should be doing the opposite of crying now!" Pinkie said happily.

"What's going on down here?" Mrs. Cake asked, noticing the 2 passed out stallions and broken door. "Sweet Celestia! What happened here!?"

"You're not gonna believe it! 3 bad ponies came and tried to steal from us! But Einna stopped all 3 of them by herself!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Really? You stopped all of them by yourself Einna?" Mr. Cake asked.

"I did, though I apologize about the door and the wall. I guess I don't know my own strength heh..." Einna said nervously.

"Nonsense! Don't worry about that! You saved us from being robbed tonight! Who knows what would have happened if you weren't here!" Mrs. Cake said.

"Yea Einna! I didn't know that you were that strong!" Pinkie said. "I was really surprised and... and... a little scared."

"S-Scared? Why would you be scared Pinkie?" Einna asked worriedly.

"It's just that for a moment there... it's almost like I've seen that fighting style before..." Pinkie said, choking on her words.

Einna's heart sank.

"W-What? R-Really? Well um... I'm sure it was just a coincidence Pinkie! I didn't mean to frighten you! I was only trying to protect you after all..." Einna said.

"Oh no don't worry Einna! I'm super grateful for it! My mind's just probably playing tricks on me that's all!" Pinkie said happily.

"Oh... alright then... that makes sense..." Einna said, as she breathed a sigh of relief. "What should we about these 3?"

"I think you should go tell Twilight about it, I'll start restraining them to make sure they don't go anywhere." Pinkie said.

"Alright Pinkie, I'll be right back!" Einna said, as she ran to Twilight's Castle.

Einna approached the door and started knocking on it. After a few minutes of waiting there was still no answer.

"I guess it makes sense that she wouldn't be able to hear me knocking since she's probably somewhere in there!" Einna said. "Is it really alright for me to just walk in though?... Oh I have to! This is an emergency!"

Einna opened the door to Twilight's Castle and walked around looking for her. She walked around for a few minutes until she found her in her library reading.

"Twilight!" Einna exclaimed.

"Wahhh!" Twilight yelled, dropping her book. "Einna? What are you doing here? You scared me!"

"Sorry sorry! I didn't mean to just barge into your castle, but we have an emergency!" Einna said.

"An emergency? What happened!? Is someone in trouble!?" Twilight asked.

"No, not anymore. 3 thieves just showed up at Sugarcube Corner not too long ago and tried to rob the place!" Einna said. "But I took care of them before they were able to do anything."

"Really? You took on 3 thieves all by yourself?" Twilight asked. "That's amazing! I'm sure Pinkie and the Cakes were extremely grateful!"

"They were, and I was happy to help them." Einna said happily. "But we need a place for these 3 thugs, they're unconscious for now though."

"I'll get Spike to write a message to Princess Luna right now. We usually don't get this kind of trouble here in Ponyville, so we don't really have any place for them." Twilight said. "Why don't you head back to Pinkie, I'll get the message out and Luna should be there soon, I'm sure she'd love to talk to about it."

"Alright Twilight, thank you for everything." Einna said, turning around and leaving the castle.

Einna arrived back at Sugarcube Corner and saw the 3 thugs all tied up together outside of the building, still passed out.

"Hey Einna! Did you talk to Twilight?" Pinkie said.

"Yea I did, Princess Luna should be arriving soon with a transport for them." Einna said, looking at the thugs.

After about 5 minutes, a black chariot with a few bat ponies came by and landed nearby the building.

"Hello Pinkie, and hello Mr. and Mrs. Cake, a pleasure to see you this evening." Princess Luna said. "I was informed by Princess Twilight that your business was raided recently. Are all of you okay?"

"We're all fine Luna! It's all thanks to Einna here! She took on all 3 of these guys by herself and saved us!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Really? I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you Einna." Luna said. "I can't say I've ever seen you Ponyville before, are you new here?"

"Y-Yes Princess! I recently moved here not too long ago..." Einna said.

"Well, this is a very nice first impression to make among the town." Luna said, as the guards moved the thugs onto the chariot. "You know, with someone with such strength, would you ever consider joining The Royal Guard in Canterlot?"

"The... The Royal Guard? Really?" Einna said surprisingly. "You'd want me for The Royal Guard?"

"Well it's not everyday we come across a pony who can single handily stop a robbery by herself." Luna said. "Your strength will no doubt be a huge asset to the The Royal Guard."

"Wow... I didn't think I'd get a chance like this so soon..." Einna said. "I don't know... I was just getting used to Ponyville and..."

"Well I'm not forcing you to join, the decision is entirely up to you my dear." Luna said. "I'm sure our sister Eternal Sleep would love to have a chat with you."

"Eternal Sleep? Y-Your sister?" Einna said. "I thought it was only you and Celestia?"

"Eternal Sleep doesn't usually stay with us, she has her own... job to do." Luna said. "However while she is with us, I'm sure she would love to talk to you. She was always interested in ponies that were unique."

"Unique? Wow... I don't know what to say..." Einna said. "I'm not sure if I..."

"Einna! You have to go and speak with Eternal Sleep!" Hermaeus Mora said. "Don't respond to me or else Luna will suspect something. But go with her, getting on Eternal Sleep's good side will be very beneficial."

"Well when you come to a decision, please feel free to contact me via Princess Twilight." Luna said, turning to her chariot. "I look forward to seeing you again."

"Wait! Luna! Do you think I come with you? Right now?" Einna said. "I'd like to meet Eternal Sleep... and see what The Royal Guard is like."

"Of course! Come, sit next to me and we'll head back to Canterlot at once." Luna said.

"Wait Einna! Are you really leaving Ponyville for Canterlot so soon? I... I was really looking forward to working with you more..." Pinkie said sadly.

"Don't worry Pinkie, I'm only going to speak to Eternal Sleep and see if The Royal Guard would be a nice place for me." Einna said, moving towards Pinkie and hugging her. "Even if I do like it, I won't join immediately so I'll still be living in Ponyville with you for a while..."

"...Alright Einna, come back soon okay?" Pinkie said happily.

"I'll be back soon Pinkie." Einna said, getting on Luna's chariot.

Luna and Einna left Ponyville and flew towards Canterlot. When they got to the castle, Luna and Einna walked to the front doors and went inside. They proceeded into the Throne Room with the 3 thugs being carried by multiple guards behind them.

"Sorry, I know it's eerie in here when it's dark." Luna said. "I'm going to bring these thugs to a holding cell. While I do so, I'll tell Eternal Sleep of your arrival and tell her to come to the Throne Room right away."

"Alright... thanks Princess Luna... I'm extremely grateful for everything you're doing for me..." Einna said.

"It's no problem at all my dear." Luna said, looking down at Einna's brooch. "My my, that's quite a peculiar brooch you've got there. It's the first of it's kind that I've seen..."

"Heh... yea a lot of ponies seem to be mesmerized by it... I guess it is pretty unique." Einna said, clutching the brooch.

"Indeed it is, it has a very mysterious aura to it... and you have a very mysterious one as well." Luna said. "A very calming and relaxing one..."

"Again... a lot of ponies seem to say the same thing heh heh..." Einna said. "But thank you, I'm flattered really..."

"Well my apologies for stalling, I'll go fetch Eternal Sleep at once." Luna said, turning around and leaving the Throne Room.

"Hey! Mora! Answer me for once!" Einna said softly, tapping on her brooch.

"What is it?" Hermaeus Mora asked, with an annoyed tone.

"What's happened to you? You barely talk to me anymore! You used to help me with everything but now your silent all the time and only rarely speak!" Einna expressed. "Is something bothering you?"

"...Nothing is bothering me, forgive me as I've had something... interesting on my mind lately." Hermaeus Mora said. "I did not mean to be rude."

"Well... thanks for telling me, I hope you won't be like this all the time! I miss talking with you ya'know?..." Einna said.

"Don't worry Einna, I won't be like this for much longer..." Hermaeus Mora said, with a serious tone.

The doors of the Throne Room opened once again, but this time a small filly of a pony came through.

"You're Einna I presume?" Eternal Sleep asked.

"Yes... Are you... Eternal Sleep?" Einna asked.

"I am, my sister has told me of your strength and what you did. Is it true?" Eternal Sleep questioned.

"Yes... 3 thugs came to the bakery and I fended all 3 of them off by myself." Einna said. "I don't find it to be an extraordinary feat, but lately everyone has been making it sound like it is."

"It's not that it isn't extraordinary, it's simply quite a surprise to hear something like that." Eternal Sleep said. "You don't hear it very often after all."

"I see... well Princess Luna said that you found ponies like me interesting, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to talk to you." Einna said.

"Yes, I do have an interest in you. You're not like the other ponies, mostly just because of your unexpected strength and speed." Eternal Sleep said. "Could you explain it to me?"

"Umm... I would, but it would take more than one night chatting in a dark Throne Room." Einna said, giggling.

"I suppose you're right." Eternal Sleep said, chuckling a little bit. "Nevertheless, I look forward to getting to know you more."

"Likewise." Einna said, with a smile.

Einna! Move closer to Eternal Sleep. There is something that I need to inspect..." Hermaeus Mora said. "Don't reply to me, just do it..."

Einna hesitated at first, but slowly walked closer to Eternal Sleep.

"Is there... something you need?" Eternal Sleep asked, looking down at Einna's brooch.

"Well... that's an interesting brooch... I don't know why but it looks so familiar... yet I've never seen anything like it before..." Eternal Sleep said. "Why is it that..."

"It looks familiar for a reason, Eternal Sleep." Hermaeus Mora said, admitting his voice to Eternal Sleep.

"What!?" Eternal Sleep said, shocked.

The brooch suddenly sprang black tentacles all around it and lept off of Einna's shawl and onto Eternal Sleep's face, constricting her with it's tentacles.

"Mora! What are you doing to Eternal Sleep!?" Einna said, running towards Eternal Sleep and attempting to pull the brooch off, but to no avail. Einna noticed her body flickering with the brooch no longer attached to her. She began to revert back to her old self. "NO! MORA WHY!?"

"I told you I wouldn't be acting like that much longer didn't I?" Hermaeus Mora said.

The brooch squeezed Eternal Sleep's face more and more. She stumbled around helplessly and only muffled words could be heard. Soon, Eternal Sleep stopped struggling, and the brooch simply fell of her head onto the floor, the tentacles receding back into it and leaving it with a dim, green color.

"Eternal Sleep! Are you okay!?" Einna asked fearfully.

"...Okay? I'm better than okay... I feel great!" Eternal Sleep said, looking directly at Einna. Her eyes were that of a bright green color. "What's the matter Einna? Don't you recognize me? It's me... Morie."

"W-What!? Mora? What did you do to Eternal Sleep!?" Einna yelled.

"Oh nothing much, I simply took her over and buried whatever willpower she had deep down inside her." Hermaeus Mora said. "This one always fascinated me ever since she entered The Apocrypha... but I had to wait until the right time so I can further... analyze her."

"I... I don't understand... I thought... I thought you helped me escape because you cared about me!" Einna said, tears welling in her eyes. "I thought we were friends!"

"Friends? Far from it my dear, I simply needed you as a safe way to move about the world without exposing myself to anyone." Hermaeus Mora said. "For that, I thank you."

Hermaeus Mora tested combining his daedric power with Eternal Sleep's. His hoof began glowing a bright green fire.

"Wonderful! This is even better than I anticipated... Oh you should probably get out of here while you can, we've caused quite a commotion and it's only a matter of time before someone shows up." Hermaeus Mora said. "I'm sure you don't want anyone to see you like that after all... anyway, I'm going to go have some fun in this world... I bid you farewell, Pinkamena."

Hermaeus Mora disappeared in a flash of light. Einna laid there on the ground, crying heavily about Mora betraying her and leaving her in a horrible predicament.

"It came from the Throne Room! Over here!" A Voice said.

"No! No no please! W-What do I do!? What CAN I do!?" Einna panicked, not knowing what do about her situation.

She looked all around the room until she saw the remains of the brooch on the ground. She ran towards it and picked it up, but it was not returning her to her disguised form.

"Come on! Work! Please work!" Einna cried, tears falling down her face as she shook the brooch violently. "Please!! Work!! PLEASE!!"

"In here come on!" A Voice said, right outside the door which was seconds away from opening.

Einna bit the brooch and ran desperately to the stained glass window, leaping through it and clutching the brooch in her chest as she plummeted down into the Castle Gardens.