• Published 10th Jan 2015
  • 1,150 Views, 55 Comments

Pinkamena's Awakening: From Malice and Hate - Kingsley



Pinkamena attempts to return to reality under a new name and look, but has she truly changed for the better?

  • ...
1
 55
 1,150

Old Feelings, New Face

Chapter 2: Old Feelings, New Face

Einna continued to walk along the dirt path into Ponyville while looking around at her surroundings. She admired the tranquil environment and felt a sensation of peace with the sun bearing down on her.

"It's been a while since I felt like this... feeling the warmth of the sun on my body... I never really got to enjoy it before and I never realized it felt so nice..." Einna said softly. "I don't think I've ever felt this good honestly..."

After a relaxing walk, Einna had arrived at the main entrance of Ponyville.

"Well... it looks like I'm finally here!" Einna said, taking a deep breath. "It sure does look a lot different since the last time I was here... mostly because of that big crystal castle here now! Who in the world could that belong too?"

"You should probably head down to the City Hall so you can get registered into town, we can explore and possibly talk to others when we get finished settling in." Hermaeus Mora suggested.

"Good idea Mora!" Einna said softly. "Now um... I think Town Hall was this way?... Help me out here Mora!"

"Just keep going straight, you should eventually get to Town Square and that's where it would be." Hermaeus Mora directed.

"Alright... so just keep going straight and-" Einna stopped. "Wait a minute! Won't it cost bits to purchase a house here? How could I have forgotten such an important detail!?"

"You don't have to worry about that, all you have to do is ask the right person for help..." Hermaeus Mora hinted.

"Ask the right person for help? But I'm not ready to speak to others so... casually! I'm awkward enough as it is when I'm trying to be friendly with ponies!" Einna panicked. "What am I going to do..."

"Excuse me, but is there something that I can help you with?" A Voice said.

"Huh?" Einna said, looking behind her and realizing that it was Twilight, only this time she had wings. "Twil- uh I mean... H-Hello there... m'am..."

"You don't have to be so shy, it's alright! My name is Princess Twilight, but I'd prefer it if you just call me Twilight, I'm still not used to the whole princess thing anyway!" Twilight giggled.

"P-Princess Twilight?" Einna said, surprised. "She's a princess now!? What happened when I was trapped in The Apocrypha!?... Ah well... forgive me Your Highness! I-It's an honor to make your acquaintance!"

"There's no need for anything like that, I'm just a normal pony like you and everypony else here!" Twilight said. "Anyway, I'm guessing you're new here since you look a bit lost, and I don't think I've ever seen you here before... What's your name?"

"M-My name? It's... It's Einna." Einna said carefully. "Also you're right, I am new here and I hate to admit it but... I am a bit stuck right now..."

"Einna huh? That's a really nice name! I've never heard anything like it before!" Twilight exclaimed. "Also, if you need help with something I'd be more than happy to lend a hoof."

"Really? Are you sure? I mean I wouldn't wanna be a bother on my first day here..." Einna said.

"Nonsense! What is it that you need help with?" Twilight offered.

"Well... I know this is going to sound stupid but... I don't exactly have any bits to purchase a house here... and I only realized it after I left from my... home." Einna explained.

"Don't have any bits? That would usually be one of the first things you made sure you had before you set off on moving somewhere else don't you think?" Twilight said. "Can I ask where you're from?"

"Where I'm from? I'm uh... I'm from..." Einna panicked. "Mora help me out here! I don't know the names of any other places far away from here!"

"Say you're from Las Pegasus and then explain to her..." Hermaeus Mora said, quickly telling Einna an explanation that she could tell to Twilight about her dilemma.

"Is everything alright Einna?" Twilight said, a little confused.

"Huh? Oh yea s-sorry... don't worry about it everything's fine! I've uh... I've just been feeling a bit under the weather is all!" Einna said nervously. "But um... Oh yea! I'm from L-Las Pegasus and the thing is I sorta blew most of my bits there... I've tried to stop but I realized that If I was ever going to stop I needed to completely get away from that type of environment... so I decided to come here! Even though I don't exactly have any spending money, I figured I'd make it work somehow! Heh... heh heh..."

Twilight look diligently at Einna, analyzing her story thoroughly.

"...Alright! I suppose that makes sense, seeing as how you'd like to get away from that sort of thing, but you should have really kept some kind of emergency funds in case something like this were to happen!" Twilight suggested.

"Yea you're right... I wasn't thinking at all... that's why I came! I heard it was a relaxing and relatively nice little town so I thought it'd be just what I needed." Einna explained.

"Well things are certainly looking good now, there have been... a lot of times in the past where we weren't very fortunate, what with Tirek and Discord and Pinkam-" Twilight said, cutting herself off. "B-But that's all in the past now! Everything's been going great lately! So you don't need to worry about anything!"

"You... You cut yourself off after somewhat mentioning somepony else..." Einna said. "Who was she?"

"It's... It's not important... well it is but... it's best if I don't bring it up..." Twilight explained. "It happened a long time ago and nopony exactly likes talking about it, myself included."

"I see... sorry..." Einna said, her eyes saddening.

"Maybe someday, when we're closer and not in public... I'll tell you the story, but for right now... it's best to just keep things as they are." Twilight said. "Moving on from that... Why don't I take you to City Hall myself and help you get settled in?"

"Really? But I don't have any bits... how will I be able to get a house here?" Einna asked.

"You don't have to worry about that, I'll set you up with a house here myself! Consider it my gift to you for coming here and listening to me babble!" Twilight giggled.

"T...Thank you! Thank you so much Twilight! I can't believe you'd do something like this for me!" Einna exclaimed.

"It's no trouble at all! As long as you're happy!" Twilight said, smiling.

"...Would it be alright if I... hugged you?" Einna asked.

"I don't see why not!" Twilight said happily.

"Great! N-Now how do I do this... I-I don't exactly hug people often... do I raise both hooves at the same time or-" Einna questioned, but was cut off by Twilight hugging her.

"You sure do have an odd personality Einna, but I really like that about you!" Twilight said, laughing.

"Heh... thanks Twilight..." Einna said softly, wrapping her hooves around Twilight.

"Now come on, let's head down to City Hall and get you registered." Twilight said, releasing herself from Einna.

"Alright then! Let's go!" Einna exclaimed, walking together with Twilight.


-City Hall-


"Well, here we are!" Twilight said. "It's this big building right here, it isn't very hard to miss!"

"Let's head inside then." Einna said, walking with Twilight into the building and upstairs into the Mayor's office.

"Why hello there Princess Twilight! It's very nice to see you Your Highness!" Mayor Mare said. "Who's this that you brought along with you?"

"Hello Mayor, this is my new friend Einna. She just recently came to town and I'd like to set her up with a house here." Twilight explained.

"Of course, it's always a pleasure to have someone new move into town!" Mayor Mare said. "Now then... let me see what houses are vacant for her... here we go! There's an open house that's already furnished just outside of your Castle Princess! Will that do?"

"What do you think Einna? Is that good?" Twilight asked.

"Yea! It's great! We can be neighbors already!" Einna exclaimed.

"I like the sound of that! Alright Mayor, we'll take it!" Twilight said.

"Excellent! Now let me just get Einna into the system and... done! Everything is all set for you Einna, I hope you'll enjoy your time here in Ponyville!" Mayor Mare said.

"I'm sure I will Mayor! Thank you!" Einna expressed.

Twilight and Einna exited City Hall and proceeded to walk towards Einna's new home, when suddenly a very familiar face showed up to greet them.

"Hiya Twilight! It's nice to see you today! Who's your friend that you got with you!" Pinkie exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Hi Pinkie, it's nice to see you too! I'd like you to meet my new friend Einna. She just moved into town and I'm helping her settle in." Twilight explained. "Einna, this is Pinkie Pie! She's the party planner here in Ponyville and she also works at Sugercube Corner, which is our bakery. She's probably the most friendliest and hyperactive pony you'll meet here so it shouldn't be... Einna? Einna are you okay?"

Einna's face and body became petrified. Her eyes widened extremely as she looked directly at Pinkie. Her breathing was sporadic and she started to sweat.

"...Is she gonna be okay Twilight? She doesn't look so good and she's just... staring at me..." Pinkie said, worriedly.

"She did tell me she was feeling under the weather before but it didn't look very bad..." Twilight said. "Einna? You can tell us if there's something bothering you! We're here for you!"

"I... I can't... you're not..." Einna said, trying to calm down.

"EINNA!" Hermaeus Mora said, resonating it through her mind. "You have to calm down, if you don't then everything you've been doing up until this point will have been for naught!"

Einna began to breathe more fluently, she pulled herself and together and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"I'm... I'm sorry about that... I don't know what came over me..." Einna said, still trying to recollect herself.

"Are you sure? You didn't look so good... maybe it would be best if we stopped by the hospital?" Twilight suggested.

"No no really Twilight, it's alright I'm fine... I appreciate the concern and all... but everything's alright, truly!" Einna explained.

"Hmm... well alright, I'll take your word for it." Twilight said. "Come on Einna, let's go see your new house."

"Wait Einna! Um... if it's alright with you, I'd like to talk with you for a little bit." Pinkie asked. "I promise not to take up too much of your time."

"Oh um... I... I don't know P-Pinkie I'm..." Einna said nervously. "...I guess I can spare some time to t-talk..."

"I'll continue on to your house okay Einna? Just come when you're done talking. It shouldn't be hard to find, just go in the direction of my Castle and you'll get there!" Twilight explained as she flew off.

"...S-So Pinkie was it? What is it that'd you'd like to talk about?" Einna said, as she took a big gulp.

Pinkie looked at her with a questionable face on and walked slightly closer to her.

"...I didn't want to say it in front of Twilight but... there's something about you that just seems... familiar..." Pinkie said. "Like I... know you somehow..."

"K-Know me? That's crazy, absolutely crazy heh heh... I've only just moved here and... and... and I've never seen you before until now!" Einna explain, very nervously.

"Well that's just it, I don't know you! I've never seen your face and I've never seen you here before! You're a complete stranger and yet... I don't know what it is about you... but I just feel a certain... attachment to you for some reason..." Pinkie explained, looking deeply at Einna. "...In any case, I'm sure these feelings of mine are just from the fact that you're new and I love meeting new ponies! I hope we can become real good friends Einna!"

"Right... right of course you do..." Einna said. "I'm... happy to you meet you too Pinkie... for the first time... and I really do hope we can become good friends..."

Both of them walked closer to each other and proceeded to hug one another.

"...It's so good to see you again Pinkie..." Einna said quietly.

"What was that? I didn't quite catch that!" Pinkie questioned.

"N-Nothing! It was just me muttering to myself! Heh heh..." Einna said, releasing Pinkie. "Well um... I'll see you around then I suppose... I'm going to go and catch up with Twilight alright?"

"Okie dokie lokie! I can't wait to see you again Einna!" Pinkie exclaimed, as she hopped away.

"That was quite the ordeal wasn't it? I won't lie, it was somewhat amusing for me to watch..." Hermaeus Mora chuckled.

"Ohhh shut your trap Mora... or whatever it is you use to talk..." Einna said, softly chuckling as well. "I'm just relieved I was able to do it... I'm starting to get used to talking with these ponies."

Einna looked up to see where Twilight's Castle, she started to walk in it's direction to find her new home that Twilight was so kind enough to get for her.

"It's not that much farther Mora, when we finally get settled in... then we can finally take our time and start exploring this place!" Einna exclaimed, her smile bursting with confidence. "Let's hope that this streak of good luck of mine continues heh heh..."