• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 3,127 Views, 338 Comments

How my life changed when I became Vinyl Scratch - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



I turn into Vinyl Scratch...nuff said (ponyearthverse story)

  • ...
13
 338
 3,127

On the road again

When morning came I woke to some sort of a tapping feeling on my shoulder. I turn around to face whatever was tapping me, and as I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a very concerned Rainbow dash. He's moving his mouth as if trying to make words, but only to fail, as small utters come out. I look at him with a puzzled look, as to what he's trying to get at. When he finally notices I'm looking, h points a foo in the direction of the drivers seat. I turn my head to see my mother, but for my vision to meet with an orange pony, with a blonde mane, and tail. It's...Applejack...but why is she there and not my mom? Wait. FUCK! it is mom, but she's turned into Applejack, and is fast asleep.

This is not good. No this is not good. I don't believe this. I won't. How are we supposed to get to New York now? Another thing. She's Applejack. An element of harmony! Do I wake her up? How will she react? Oh well she's gonna get up sometime. I look back to Brent, and he just simply nods. I nod back, and I turn back to the sleeping orange earth pony, snoring away. I reach a hoof out to poke her shoulder., but I sop right before making contact. I hesitate, then I nudge her once, which is good enough because she opens her giant forest green eyes, and she turns to look at me.

"H-hey mom! I say a bit awkwardly.

"What are ya star-" She cuts off short, noticing her voice wasn't right. Yeah, The difference between her voice an Applejacks voice is waay different. Right away she brings a hoof to her mouth without knowing it's a hoof. Her eyes shrink to the size of a penny, and by that I can tell she's about to freak out, and none of us need that thus early in the morning. So I lean over to her, and keep her from looking at her hand which is now actually Applejack's hoof, and I put my other hoof on her shoulder.

"Hey mom, don't freak out because,,.uh it's kinda hard to explain, but..." I say showing her, her new hoof. Her face goes blank, and I can just see the color flow out of her eyes, and her breathing accelerates.

"N-no, this can't be happenin'!" She pouts, as she hangs her head in shame. "How are we suppose' ta get ta New York now?"

"I don't know. I think we should just start walking. Oh and by the way...I hate to break it to you, but um..." I say nervously, but I can't seem to finish.

"You're an element of harmony!" Brent speaks up, standing on his hind legs, in between the to front seats, with his forelegs over the tops of the seats.

"What?! No ah'm not goin' then. Ah ain't having mah life flipped upside down, then ta be told ta risk my life because ah am now a so called element of harmony." Mom says, leaning back into the seat, and crossing her forelegs over her chest. "An why do ah have this accent now?"

"Mom, you turned into Applejack, the element of honesty, and yeah she ha a southern accent." I say with a smile. "Speaking of voices. I love mine! I love everything about me now."

Normally, being turned into a pony would piss me off, but since it's Vinyl Scratch, it's the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, but I'm just not used to that extra appendage, near the down south area. I think you guys know what I'm talking about, plus the fact that I'm also missing one in that area too. Now, about the ears, that doesn't bug me really, it just feels funny, when they move around and stuff. Now when it comes to the horn, It's just awesome in every way, because I posses the power of magic. I just wish I had those awesome purple shades, and I would be complete.

"Soo, what now?" Brent asks, sitting back down.

"Not sure bud." I reply. "Wubs anybody?" I ask waving my phone around a little bit.

"Not now." Mom protests.

` "Awe come on, I live for this stuff!" I pout.

"You mean she lives for that stuff." She scoffs.

"You know what I meant."

"But who are you? Are you, you, or are you her?" She glares at me.

"See that's the thing mom. We practically share the same mind!"

"What does that mean?" She says glaring at me.

"Great now that you've turned into Applejack, you're turning into dad at the same time. I don't need this." I say getting out of the car, and I continue walking down the road. Said I wouldn't do it, but, either I stay with dad, or go back to dad at home. I sigh, as I keep walking. A few seconds later, Brent is running to my side. God the heat. It's so hot out, and being covered in fur doesn't help. I feel like an oven right now. Put an egg on my back, and I could guarantee that they would begin to cook, and in no time you'd be having a nice plate of sunnyside up eggs.

"Hey, Seth where are you going?" Brent asks.

"I'm going to New York."

"Yeah, but why are you leaving us?"

"Suddenly, a certain somepony, doesn't approve of my taste for music, or me as a matter of fact. Just like my cheap, piece of shit asshole of a father."

"Dude, I'm sure she didn't mean it. I mean she just woke up you know, in the body of Applejack. Of course she's gonna be upset."

"I know, but she doesn't have to treat me like that. She knows I myself am having a hard time." Suddenly I have the urge to just punch the nearest thing in the face, and that thing is walking right next to me. He sighs, and steps in front of me.

"Look, who knows what's out there man. There could be people who haven't turned yet, and might have intentions to kill anypony that goes near them. You can't go out there alone dude. I won't allow it." He says stomping a hoof into the ground.

"I see why you turned into Rainbow Dash now." I say giggling.

"What do you mean?" He says giving me a puzzled face.

"Miss loyalty." I say bowing.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He says rolling his eyes. He acts just like Rainbow would, so it's hard to even tell he's in there. Well I guess the same goes for me being Vinyl Scratch. Only the best pony there could be.

"So I see you decided to take the tampon out of your vagg, huh Scratch?" He asks smirking, and chickling a bit after.

"Yeah fuck you, miss loyalty Rainbow Crash."

"So will you come back, or no?"

"Dude were supposed to be headed to New York, not sitting in a car, in a motel parking lot." I reply.

"Good point. Shall I go and get Applejack? I only say that name cause I don't know your mothers name yet."

"Oh it's cool. But I'll get her. I need to say sorry for just storming off the way I did."

"That's mah girl!" Brent says slapping a hoof on my back.

"Yeah." I say, turning, and heading back to the car, when I see mom, wobbling her way over too us. Seeing her walk on all fours for the first time is quite funny, so I can't help but laugh a bit.

"Hey..." She says, finally, making her way over to us, without tripping on her face. I only knew because I remembered the rhythm of which leg is put where and when.

"Hey mom."

"S-...sorry, for...upsetting you Seth." She says looking down, her ears flat against her head.

"It's okay. I kinda wanted to say sorry too, for just leaving the way I did. It wasn't right of me to do that." I reply, giving her a small hug.

"Okay." She sniffles once, and hugs me back.

"Awe you two just look so cute together now don't cha!" Brent says gleefully, flapping his wings excitedly.

"Ew dude! That's gross!" I snap, letting go of mom."

"Yeah I know, but anyway, instead of sitting here being a bunch of silly fillies, How's about getting to New York? We've got a lot of walking to do." Brent says, walking out of the parking lot, and onto the road.

I begin walking after Brent, but mom doesn't follow. I turn back around ti see why, and I see her staring at Brent, who seems to have stopped to see what's wrong. I assume she's watching how we walk so she can get it down, so she doesn't wobble, and fall, the whole way to New York. That would be kind of funny to see though. A group of three ponies heading to the big city, by walking, while one of them keeps tripping the whole way there. But then again, she's my mother, and not knowing how to walk, wouldn't be nice to laugh at her like that. I can't laugh at her, after all she has done for mew in my situation.

"What's the hold up ma?"

"Oh jus seeing how ya guys walk, so ah can get it down instead uh falling down." She says laughing. That makes me laugh a bit too, but that's not the main reason why I'm laughing. I'm mostly laughing because I called why she wasn't moving.

"Oh okay." I say smiling, as I walk to her side, about two inches away. "Hey just do what I do okay?"

"Yeah well no duh!" She says breaking out into a laugh. "Okay, I'm done now. So what do I do?"

"What I do." I reply. "You put one foreleg out." I say stepping my right foreleg out in front of me, and she does the same. "Then you put the opposite side hind leg forward." I put my left hind leg forward. "Then your right hind leg, then your left foreleg." I say completing the 'four step cycle' I call it the four step cycle cause you make four steps to complete one cycle. "Then you repeat." Then I step ahead of her, doing one more cycle. "It's really easy actually. Right front, left rear, right rear, left front." Then I do one more cycle. "Now you try." I smile as I watch her walk to me, slowly, but she didn't trip or anything, which is good.

"Wow, this is easy!" She replies smiling, and soon, she's trotting in circles without flaw, with a smile on her face.

"Look at me! I'm...trotting!" She says, trying to be donkey from Shrek 2.

"Yeah good job donkey." She stops, and walks over to me.

"Ah see ya got mah pun there." She giggles a little.

"Yeah ah sure did! T'wasn't nuthin' there partner." I say mocking her accent. She just shakes her head and rolls her eyes.

"Hey guys, we should get going. You've been walking for ages, and haven't even gotten out of the parking lot, if you know what I mean." Brent complains.

"Oh hold your ponies, we're coming." I reply laughing at me silly pun.

"Okay let's go!" Mom says, trotting ahead of us humming a bit. I don't get it. Before she was really pissed, now she's...happy? I just shrug it off, and let it be.

We walk for about an hour, until we get to a small town Called I don't know what because the sigh is just one if those cheap green ones, and at least ninety percent is rusted off. Normally, I can't walk for long, but being a pony, I have more stamina, and from my five mile trip home the other day, I have gotten a lot more used to walking. We go into the town, where it's mostly people, with a few other ponies scattered around. I'm surprised that few people have been changing these days, but eventually, we'll all be ponies, until we can stop discord's evil plot to ponify the world. But why is he doing it? I don't know, but I do know I want to put an end to this.

We stroll along the main street, because, in the distance, we can see where the small town ends, and I don't think wandering around would help, because there is the possibility of getting lost. We get noticed by most of the people, not just because we're a trio of ponies, but because two out of three of us are elements of harmony. Suddenly I feel hungry, and a low rumble plays in my belly, then I hear it come from mom, and Brent. The rumble simultaneously for a little longer, as if they are having a conversation, as to when we will eat, or what we will eat. I have some money in my backpack, Brent, with having nothing on him, I assume he is broke as a flightless joke. ughgh there I go with the puns again. Mom Left her purse in the car which we abandoned, so we will have to make due with whatever I have. Hopefully we can afford anything we may need.

"Ugh, I'm so hungry!!" Brent whines.

"I think we all are dude. We'll find the nearest restaurant, and see what we can get there."

"With what money dude?"

"I have a couple hundred dollars in my backpack, that I stole from my dad like last week. I've been saving it just incase I really need it, and now we do." I reply smiling.

"Really? Show me." He scoffs, as we keep walking. I use my magic to open my backpack, then, to fish out the two, one hundred dollar bills, a fifty, a few tens, and two ones, and a five. The total comes out to be $297. I float the money in front of his face, as he, and mom gasp.

"You stole from your father?! Dude, that has to be the stupidest thing you could do! It had to be money though? He probably would have killed you if he had the chance! But no pot? Come on man. Everybody has to have a little pot in their life!"

"Dude, I want to lead a good life, and smoking that crap, no matter how good it may be, will ruin it." I reply, putting the money back in my bag.

"Ah'm surprised ya stole from him in th' first place." Mom chuckles.

"I try."

Mom and Brent simply shake their heads. I turn my focus back to walking, and I scan the buildings, for anything that could resemble a restaurant. Eventually I see a Tom's KFC, but with being ponies, we can no longer consume the delicious foods known as meat. What a tease that is, but right next to it, Is a place called "The veggie bowl" There was a neon sign that had the name glowing green, with a small pile of carrots on top of lettuce, sitting on the bottom right corner. I do have to say, in just a few short days, I have really gotten used to being a pony, even though I'm female.

"Hey how about there?" I ask the two elements of harmony, as I point to the small building with a hoof.

"Dude as much as I hate veggies, I guess we have no choice since we can't have the luxury of KFC anymore." He sighs.

"Ah like th' name, so what's th' harm in tryin' it?" Mom asks Brent.

"I dunno. But yeah let's just go there."

We come to a cross walk, and look for any cars, but there are none, for a far as we can see. Well there are cars parked on the side of the road, but none being driven is what I mean. We cross the street, and turn right. We approach the building, taking a good look at the outside features before we enter. All I have to say, is green. Lots of green. Green carpet, green chairs, booths and tables. The Walls, have grass painted on them, and it rises half way up the ceiling, before becoming a blue sky. There are pictures of vegetables hanging from the ceiling, and several small chandeliers lined down the center of the ceiling, but none of them are on due to it being day time.

I look around more, and see that there are mostly ponies in here enjoying salads and what not. Guess they got the point that they can't eat meat, or that they learned the hard way. On the other side of the building, opposite us, is the kitchen, and I see more ponies, going back and forth. Maybe this place is run by people who have become ponies, for other people who have turned, so they can come here to eat. Then a pink pony with a blue mane and tail, who seems to be an earth pony, since there is a lack of wings or a horn, with a spy glass for a cutie mark comes up to us.

"Hello, and welcome t the veggie bowl! My name is Cathy, and will it be a table or a booth today?" The pink pony says excitedly.

"A booth, by the window, if that's alright." I ask.

"Oh no problem at all mam!" And with that she leads us to the booth by the window, that looks out to the street.

"Thank you." I say politely.

"No problem! You guys just decide what you want,and I will be right back!" With that she trots off to tend to the other customers. Her voice was pretty high. Sort of like pinkie pie. Normally thinking about pinkie pie makes you think of cupcakes, but now I'm thinking about pie, but I don't know why. Oh great. It went from stupid puns to rhyming. Damn. Well I have no idea what's making me do it, but it's sort of funny, and annoying at the same time. I don't really pay too much mind too it though. But then I hear a voice come from behind me. A very familiar voice too.

"Vinyl?" The voice says. I turn to see who it was, and in the booth behind me, I see a grey mare, with a dark grey mane, and purple eyes. Octavia.

"Yeah but my name is Seth actually."

"Darn it." She mumbles under her breath.

"What's the matter?" I ask

"Well you see, I am Octavia. Well the person who plays Octavia's voice, and by seeing you, I had hoped you were her." She says sadly.

"So I take it you and she are friends outside of the show too then?" I ask. She just nods.

"I assume you guys are heading to new York?" She asks.

"Yep. Me my friend Brent, and my mom." I say smiling.

"I see." She replies, she gets up, from her booth, and sits next to me. "You don't mind if I sit with you. Do you?"

"Nah it's cool."

"Thanks." She says smiling.

"So I take it you want to join us?"

"Sure if you guys don't mind it."

"Ah well, a lot of people I assume are headed there right now, so I guess it doesn't matter who goes when, or with who."

"Yeah but, we don' have a place to stay." My mom interupts.

"Neither do I. My family just shunned me away when I turned into Octavia."

"I know how that feels." I say putting a reassuring hoof on her shoulder.

About an hour later, we had all eaten, and now we are leaving the building. It's pretty cool I got to meet an actual cast of the show, who actually turned into her character. She seems really upset though. So I'm gonna try my best to cheer her up. We all decide to search for a place to stay for the night, then we will leave tomorrow. Eventually, a family of three who had all become ponies decided to be generous and take us in for the night. When morning came, we went back to the veggie bowl fro breakfast, then we re-embarked on our long journey. We have traveled so far all ready, yet we are only half way to NY.