• Published 25th Dec 2014
  • 3,128 Views, 306 Comments

My last shadow - The Psychopath



A young filly begins to relearn of her past life as dreams and memories begin to intertwine in her mind while everypony rejects and chases her away

  • ...
11
 306
 3,128

The Reaper watches

Author's Note:

Got bored of the other story due to zero feedback from people I did not ask to read the story and explain things to me, so I'm back here.

Although Stellar was heartbroken at her misinterpretation of Crunchy's attitude, she carried on with the help of Cadance's guidance. The 'Shadow Ponies', as they ended up being called by the 'unknowing' locals, became a local phenomenon, but the royal family were trying to keep it under 'wraps' so no pony outside would notice. Unfortunately, a sneaky griffin managed to get through the cover ups and shared the news with everypony in Equestria. It became an enormous scandal, not only because of the incompetence of the royal couple and the actions of their subjects, but also because the shadow ponies were still living in the sewers and the prison because 'no facilities were available'. The outrage became such that Celestia, Luna, and Twilight had to intervene.

To mend these problems, when they would come to age, Crunchy Apple would become a new adviser and council member representing ponies corrupted by Sombra's lingering dark magics due to his actions over the years, and Stellar would become the vice-council member responsible with finding the shadow ponies still wandering the shadows and caves of the streets because if her stubbornness and hidden emotional prowess. Both had the right to appoint two assistants/advisers during their time in office. Furthermore, Celestia diverted some funds from her treasury to create a new establishment meant to harbor the foals while they waited for actual, caring parents.

As for the advisers, well, Stellar decided to take Extravagance and Cornflakes again despite what they did to her. It was her way of punishing them, and she would revel in this moment for centuries to come. At least, she would when she would turn eighteen. Until then, she would just have to bide her time patiently. Unfortunately, just because the royal couple now discovered their existence, this didn't mean that the inhabitants were going to be any nicer to everypony. Quite the contrary, in fact. They could be crueler than they were before, because now they had nothing left to hide from the couple.

When Crunchy became an official member, he founded a group of ponies from other cities around Equestria to maintain a true form of neutrality. This team was meant to supervise the shadow ponies and their lives in the city. They were know as the SPS; or 'Shadow Pony Supervisors'. While the name was generic, it did its job. The ponies who worked for this growing office would wear black and purple uniforms, with a select few wearing dark sunglasses to try and force their 'scary' and 'serious' appearance. If anything it made Crunchy facehoof hard. These ponies were tasked with noting and cataloging the instances where a shadow pony would be spotted and bring them in. They were also responsible for cataloging pregnancies throughout the kingdom. The pregnancy cataloging was a joint project with the Medical Office, allotting the SPS one source of monetary revenue not taken from taxes. One more thing to point out is that 'Ruined Life' was appointed as the head of the SPS office. However, Crunchy still had absolute control over it when it game to political and monetary situations. They weren't on bad terms, though, and both understood eachother's purposes and reactions to certain events. It was a lucky combination, as Shining thought.

Six years later from the discovery, and Stellar is now sitting in her own room within the Crystal Palace, rolling around joyously in her new bed, giant bed. Her mane and tail had grown much longer and became somewhat silken due to Cadence having a weird obsession over the natural shine both possessed. In fact, even Stellar's coat was guilty of the same traits. What DIDN'T sit well with her surroundings was how her horn had grown very long and had become completely red with crystalline veins having formed neatly on the sides ending before they reached the tip and and the bottom. However, Stellar still couldn't use magic, making her somewhat of a particularity.

The bed she was bouncing on, though, was white and covered with very thick comforters and two equally thick pillows with fleece ends at the head of her bed. Her room had a wide view on the entirety of the kingdom and the tundra beyond thanks to the many giants windows. Two night tables flanked the bed on each side and the middle of the room was decorated with two lounge chairs; a low, white coffee table adorned with a pink pot and a yellow flower, as well as a circular rug with some psychedelic color designs. The only normal looking things were were the many green plants all around. Were it not for the gardeners and staff Stellar's room would've surely become a jungle covered in vines by now.

"Miss Stellar, are you in here?" a noble voiced asked.

"Yes. Come on in!" the mare laughed.

The pony who came in was a butler. He wore the typical black suit with white gloves, and he had a rather pale complexion. However, unlike most butlers, he wore a beard, rather than a mustache, and his gray coat clashed with his yellow mane stylized into some sort of rock 'n roll star's mane.

"Ugh. I've told you incessantly not jump on your bed. It's undignified," the stallion complained.

Stellar stopped bouncing on her bed and rolled onto her belly. "Hey! If I want to bounce on my bed, I'll bounce on my bed. I haven't gotten to sleep in such comfort since I was a tiny filly." She put a hoof to her chest and closed her eyes in a smug manner. "I like to bounce in my bed and it is my right as a crystal pony. Isn't that right, Cornsyrup?"

The stallion clenched his teeth at the sound of 'crystal pony', prompting Stellar's eyes to widen in an angry fashion.

"Isn't. That. Right?" she asked again with more aggression.

"Right," Cornsyrup answered reluctantly.

"Now, what did you come here for?"

"For the execution of the criminal that remained in the dig site after your escape."

"There was one left?"

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW?!" the stallion lost his composure.

"No pony told me anything!"

"Wh-Fine. I just need you to come with me to the second floor and to the balcony, where the royal couple, Crunchy, and the head of the SPS await."

Stellar shrugged and jumped off her comfortable throne and reluctantly following the butler down the floors. She would've preferred to stay in her room and have fun with her new 'toys'. Once at the second floor, the mare stepped onto the balcony. Today was very cloudy, making the sky and sunlight 'white'.

"Oh. You're finally here! I'm glad you made it," Cadence hugged Stellar.

"I'm glad to see you too," Stellar answered with a smile. She nodded to Shining, but gave a cold and bland 'hello' to Crunchy, who did the same. As for Life... "Hey, Life. How're you doing?"

"Fine," he answered angrily.

"D...Did I do something?" Stellar asked in confusion.

"No. I've just gotten some rather annoying personal problems."

"Well, you've always been grumpy," the mare said. She sat on her haunches and thought pensively while looking up in the air, a grin on her face.

"What? No I haven't!"

"Stop teasing him, Stellar," Shining sighed. "Honesty, sweetie. I don't understand why you made her a vice member of the council. She's like a young filly!"

"Which is exactly why she's tasked with finding the abandoned ones. She knows better than anypony what--"

"Excuse me, but why are you still executing ponies in the streets? Why are you still executing at all?" Stellar interrupted.

"Because our attempts to modernize the judicial have gone through without an issue until we reach the execution procedures. Then everypony gets into a rabble."

"It's starting," Life said.

There was an enormous crowd standing standing around a hanging podium. A pegasus mare wearing formal attire was holding a piece of paper in front of everypony while two SPS guards brought a tattered old stallion onto the podium with a brown bag over his head. He seemed to be struggling somewhat, but not much.

"We are gathered here today to bring judgement upon this poor soul," the pegasus started. "He has been condemned as guilty for the crimes of disturbing public peace and chasing after a pony with the intentions of murder." The mare folded the paper. "He will be executed in front of everypony today. May the Creator have pity on his soul. For is to not forget, I shall reveal his face unto you all before putting back on. You will know the face of a murderer today and never forget its cruelty."

The mare removed the brown bag, revealing a very scraggly mane that fit with the dirty and dusty coat. The crowd began hissing and booing. Several pegasi rose up in the air to throw bottles and other things at him. Finally, when the mare turned around to show the stallion's face to the group, Stellar felt time slow down to a stop. She could not believe her eyes.

"D...DAD?!" she shouted.