• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 3,341 Views, 90 Comments

Discord Meets Ruby Rose - Maxes Altho



Discord goes to Remnant. You haven't ever seen chaos like this. MLP/RWBY Crossover.

  • ...
6
 90
 3,341

C8 - Daddy Discord

“What do we do?”

“I… I am not sure, Twilight,” Celestia says softly, “I am not sure.”

I’m crying, rocking back and forth on the ground. We need to stop him, but I don’t want the Princesses to die, and I don’t want to become Chaos’ pet! If they fight him, he’ll slaughter them!

Wait…

I stand and make my way towards the ships. Twilight grabs my arm to stop me.

“Rainbow! You can’t seriously be thinking of going up there! You told us what he said!”

I look to her, sheer determination on my face. “Yeah, he said he’d do all of that if the Princesses fight him. The Princesses aren’t going to face him.”

Realization dawns on Twilight. She lets go of my arm, then falls in beside me. Celestia thumps down in front of us.

“What are you two doing? I forbid you from facing Chaos! You will be slaughtered! At the very least, if you wish to pursue this endeavor, Luna and I will lend our strength.”

“No.”

“What?”

“No. You two are not coming. Chaos expects us to run home, tails between our legs. However, purposefully or not, he left a loophole in his ultimatum: he didn’t forbid us from fighting. He won’t try to kill us; he wants to turn us into his Agents, and force you to watch, crushing that last bit of hope you have.” I pull my Relay out of my pocket. “Here, go back to Equestria. Please, Princess, don’t follow us. I don’t want to be turned into an Agent as much as you don’t want to see that happen, but I know he won’t do that unless he can force you to watch. He may have been locked away when you used the Elements before, but we are stronger than you ever were when using them. You trusted us to help Luna when she returned as Nightmare Moon, trust us now.”

Celestia deflates. “Fine. However, promise me that if you get overwhelmed, you will use the other Relays to come back to Equestria. If you do not return, we will be forever plagued by the grief of losing such close friends.”

I nod. “Yeah, we can do that.” By this time, the other girls are behind me. We board the nearest ship, and ascend. As we rise, I look over the edge of the ship. I see a portal open, and two figures step through, back to Equestria.

----------

The trip up is uneventful, but it allows us to see the extent of destruction to once-beautiful Vale. Grimm flooding the streets, collapsed, burning, and broken buildings everywhere. No people, which is either a good or bad sign. Either they all fled, or were turned.

Eventually, we reach the top. We fan out, covering each other’s backs. “Okay, if I was the reborn true God of Chaos, where would I set up shop?”

Everyone glances around. Twilight gasps, then points upwards. “Uh, Rainbow…”

I look up. Oh, duh.

The top of the tower has been transformed into a full-blown castle, complete with walls (just hanging there in midair), turrets, a floating lava moat, and two Giant Nevermore circling it.

I turn to the others. “Well, we shouldn’t keep our host waiting, should we?” We all smile grimly, except Pinkie, who smiles her normal crazy smile.

----------

We get to the top of the tower easily enough, and I select Twilight to go with me to scout out the room ahead. No one else complains.

We creep up the stairs, assisted by a ‘soft-shoe’ spell, and Twilight ducks behind the closest pillar while I fly to the rafters. What I see is concerning.

From Celestia’s description, this is exactly the same as the throne room Chaos had back on Origin. Tall dark pillars, gloomy atmosphere, and a grand throne at the end, on a tall dais. Chaos sits upon his throne, in his Lord Chaos form, along with another person sitting on his lap. I can’t quite make out who it is. Then, he speaks.

“So, Ms. Rose, isn’t this the most perfectly chaotic kingdom a God of Chaos could ask for?”

“It sure is, Daddy Discord!” The person says sweetly.

“Ruby?!” Suddenly, my pillar is blown apart, and I fall to the floor. As I get up, I lock eyes with the people on the throne. Chaos is there, looking not at all surprised to see me. Ruby is holding Crescent Rose, barrel smoking. That’s not the surprising part.

The surprising part is what Ruby looks like. She’s been turned into a doll. White face paint with rosy red cheeks, flowery black and red dress, a small tiara on her head, overall it just looks wrong for Ruby, but she’s smiling like a lunatic. Crescent Rose is huge, pulsing with lines of shadow. This isn’t Ruby Rose, Huntress-in-Training. This is Ruby the Agent.

“Ah, Ms. Dash, isn’t this the cutest? She insists on calling me ‘Daddy Discord’, probably because that was the form I took when I ah, convinced her I am the better friend. Isn’t that right, Ruby?”

“Sure is, Daddy!”

I think I’m going to be sick.

“Oh, but you didn’t come here on your own, did you?” He snaps his fingers, and the rest of Team Harmony appears beside me. A look of concern passes his face. “Wait, that’s not right.” He snaps again, but this time it is followed by a fizzle, then a cough.

Snap-Fizz*cough*

Snap-Fizz*cough*

He looks mad. “Where are the Angels?”

I smile sweetly. “Who are you talking about? We don’t know any Angels.”

He storms off the dais towards us. “You know exactly what I’m talking about, girl! Two beings, wings, enough power to level a city with a wave of their hand?”

“Oh, you mean the Princesses! Sorry, they’re not here right now. Care to leave a message?”

“You dare to defy me? I guess it will be fun forcing you into submission and burning away your souls to become my Agents and destroy Equis. You know, for funsies.”

“Actually, no. You won’t, because we haven’t actually broken your deal. You said that would happen if the Princesses fought you, not us. They are currently back in Equestria, safe and sound.”

Chaos is about to retort, but stops. “Huh, that’s a loophole I wasn’t expecting. You still have no hope of destroying me, though. Although, why should I exercise my power and crush you easily, when I have my girls to do it for me. Oh, Ruby?”

“Yes, Daddy?” She is rocking the puppy-dog-eyes.

“Summon your friends.”

“Sure thing, Daddy!” She turns around, and speaks in a singsong voice, “Oh girls! We have some new playmates!”

Three new beings arrive. Yang launches herself from the ceiling, where she must’ve been hiding the whole time, and creates a crater as she lands. Blake steps out of the shadows, Gambol Shroud in hand. A dark glyph appears on the floor, and Weiss rises from it. All three have been turned into demonic dolls, their weapons twisted with shadow energy. Chaos addresses them.

“Now girls, I don’t want you getting hurt too badly, but consider this a test of your skills. I want you to show these six why being my friend is the best thing ever, okay? Then, when they are my friends, we can go have some real fun.”

They cheer at that as Chaos resumes his place on the throne. We ready our weapons. Team RWBY charges.

This is gonna hurt.

Author's Note:

Doomsday scenario? Check.
Little hope for our heroines? Check.
Buildup for epic fight of epicness? Check.
Surprising twist that might not actually be surprising? Planned.

Major case of writer's block? Right on cue.
No, seriously, I am stuck partway through C9. I'm working on another project to try and break it, but don't expect a new chapter for a few days.