• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 3,334 Views, 90 Comments

Discord Meets Ruby Rose - Maxes Altho



Discord goes to Remnant. You haven't ever seen chaos like this. MLP/RWBY Crossover.

  • ...
6
 90
 3,334

C5 - Return, Part 2

I can’t think. I can’t even move. How can I compare to the two Princesses, who aren’t really our princesses, who are badass enough to travel the dimensions, stopping Chaos everywhere?

…Ow. My brain hurts.

“And so, for the next nine thousand years, we travelled through the dimensions, helping the beings found there, and eventually locating Chaos, destroying him again and again, only to have him flee to another dimension. You could fill entire libraries with the wonders found on one world.”

Twilight seems to be the only one coherent enough to speak. “That still leaves a few questions. What changed when you came to Equis? He definitely doesn’t look like he would blend in.”

Celestia nods. “When we finally came to the dimension housing Equis, Chaos had become manic. He created a form all who see would fear, and named it Discord, in order to cause as much chaos at one time as he could and absorb all the energy. Every time we killed him, we severely depleted his own energy, further reduced by travelling between dimensions. He would lay low to avoid us, and sow small chaos until he regained enough power to rise.

“When he became this desperate, we knew something had to change. We harnessed the most powerful relics of Equis, and used them to seal him away in stone, so that he would never again flee. As long as he stayed on Equis, so would we, keeping watch for all of eternity to see him never rise again. We took a form that would be accepting to the ponies, but still allowed us to maintain our power.”

“But, the Chaos you described sounds truly evil. Why does Discord act so much like a child?”

“I’m afraid that one thousand years in a low-power state, ignored by the populace of this world except as a garden attraction, did little for his sanity. When he was released again, he was bordering on psychotic.

“However, there was one other world where he became desperate enough to try to rise immediately.”

Twilight voices the thought on all our minds. “Remnant. The other world was Remnant, right?”

Celestia sighs. “Yes. Remnant was also the world he unleashed his greatest weapon. Instead of harnessing the most corrupt from the populace, he created his own tools.”

“The Grimm!”

“Yes. He made beings wroth from shadows, and equipped them with weapons of fear. We were in danger of losing Remnant before we even arrived. We bent the ancient’s rules; we gave the people the means to defend themselves.”

Now I can speak. “You. You gave the people Dust.”

“Indeed. However, once they had used the Dust to beat back Chaos’ forces, although then, he was known as the Grimmfather, they turned the weapons on themselves. Wars erupted, over land, Dust, even something as silly as the way one looked!

“We simply cannot allow you and your friends, Twilight, to go back to Remnant to retrieve Discord. He was at his most powerful then; even reformed and weakened with the Elements, he will still retain his power in this new world.”

“But Princess! If you go instead, you won’t survive either! You two lost a lot of strength when you gave up the Elements, and then you banished Luna to the moon-“

“Because my dark energy overwhelmed the light, and not even Celestia could balance it out!”

“-So, Celestia was left with an overabundance of light, and not enough dark, and couldn’t bear it, so she locked the six things able to fix you away. This proves my point! You can’t face him; you’ll be slaughtered where you-“

“That is why, my student, we will not be going to Remnant either.”

“What?”

Luna disappears then reappears, bringing the D-Hopper through the floor in her dark blue magic. “Nopony will go and try this suicide mission. We are confiscating your device, and any notes regarding it. As long as Chaos is content to sit in Remnant, the rest of the multiverse will be safe.”

“You’re forcing billions of people to their deaths!”

“All so that untold quintillions upon quintillions will live! This is the best course of action! Now, we forbid you from ever speaking of this again!” And with a flash, the Princesses, the D-Hopper, all of Twilight’s notes, and any hope of saving Remnant are gone.

We all look amongst ourselves. Ears are flat, heads drooped, eyes listless. Even Pinkie’s hair is flat. The only one not depressed is… Twilight? She’s beaming from ear to ear, and almost bouncing in place.

“Twi, what did you do? Did Princess Celestia break you?”

She turns to me. “Of course not, Rainbow. Do you really think I hadn’t planned for this?”

What?

She storms off towards the basement, urging the rest of us along, talking the whole way. “See, when Rainbow originally went through, I started freaking out. Even if we did get her back, there was no way that Celestia would let me continue my research. I also thought that she would wish to personally observe the destruction of the D-Hopper, and insist on the destruction of the notes too. So, I built this,” she turns with a flourish, pulling a tarp away as she does so. My jaw goes slack, again. Sitting in front of us is another D-Hopper, with a few differences. This one is smaller, sleeker, with much less to focus on.

Applejack recovers. “Twi, is tha’ what I think it is?”

“Yup. Girls, meet the D-Hopper Mk. 2!”

“Hiya!” Pinkie waves at the machine. I can only stare.

“Twi, you… you…”

“Now Dash, I know what you’re thinking. This is a simplified version. It doesn’t seek out new dimensions, it only creates portals to preknown worlds. And thankfully,” she points to her head, “I still have the dimensional coordinates of Remnant.”

I sweep her off her feet in a Super-Duper Dashie Hug (Patent Pending). “Twi, you’re a genius! We can save Ruby!”

Applejack chimes in, “And the rest of RWBY!”

“And Zwei!” Fluttershy shouts. She becomes sheepish as we all look at her. “What? He’s an adorable ball of fluffiness…” and hides behind her mane.

“Alright girls,” Twilight announces as the portal opens, “Let’s go save Remnant.”

----------

I come to about a mile in the air, as opposed to the fifty feet the last time.

“Celestia-damn it, Twilight!”

“Oh buck, I forgot to count for elevation!” She’s falling right beside me. I glance around, and all six of us are in the air, falling fast. Me, Twi, and Applejack are the only ones conscious. In an instant, a plan comes to my head.

“Twilight! Make an ice slide, catch Rarity, then help Applejack as best you can! Applejack, I know you can probably withstand the impact if she can’t help. Get Pinkie! I’m going to catch Fluttershy.” We dive.

I hear Twilight’s magic going off, probably teleporting her closer to Rarity. I hear a thud and a grunt, most likely AJ colliding with Pinkie. I push all that from my mind. Fluttershy is the closest to the ground, and the one I’m after.

I summon my wings, thankful I remember how, and turn them into aerodynamic fins to give me more speed. I catch her about fifty feet from the ground, and flap hard. We still end up tumbling upon contact with the ground.

I hear a scraping, and look up in time to see a slope of ice form and strike into the ground. Twilight skates off, while Rarity rolls, still unconscious. I look up, and AJ is still falling.

“Twi, make some wind!” She waves her wand, and the wind starts moving like a tornado. I use it to launch myself up and nab AJ, who has Pinkie. With Twilight’s and my efforts combined, we bring them to a non-bone breaking landing.

Now that that heart-wrenching moment of terror is over, what do we have? There’s me, back in my kick-ass outfit of awesomeness, Rain and Boom secured under my arms. Twilight is in her schoolgirl outfit, cute glasses, and cape that now reminds me suspiciously of Trixie. AJ is going cowgirl, reacquainting herself with her combat shotgun. Fluttershy has her hoodie, and is swinging her morning star experimentally and checking her rocket ammo.

Rarity looks a lot like Coco, the leader from Team CFVY (Coffee); a.k.a. a complete diva. Sunglasses, designer clothes, heels, and a handbag. There’s nothing else, so I am assuming that’s her weapon Fate decided to give her.

Pinkie Pie looks like a normal person, surprisingly. Shirt with her party balloons mark, pants, tennis shoes, nothing special really, except for some bands tying her crazy hair back, a weird eyepiece, and a strange backpack. It’s almost like a beetle, and, as we find out, actually attached to her, and made of some strange pinkish metal. We all have our respective Elements strung about our necks, except for Twi’s crown, and I feel the D-Relay sitting comfortably in my pocket.

“Hey, Rainbow, notice anything weird?”

“Yeah, Twi. I can’t figure out what Pinkie’s pack could possibly be for.”

“Not with any of us, Dumbo. Look around. By this point the first time, we were attacked. I can’t hear anything.”

I remove my focus from my unconscious friends, and sure enough, nothing. No birds, no rustling in the bushes. “Do you think Discord’s rallied the Grimm to wherever he went?”

“Whoa, you know about that thing that’s taken over Vale?” I whip my head around, and find Sun Wukong hanging from a branch by his tail, eating an apple like an asshole. How do I know? Well, you try eating an apple sometime while looking in a mirror, try to find a way to not look like an asshole while eating it!

However, those thoughts are in the back of my mind as I’m just relieved to see a friendly face. “Sun! You’re okay… wait, aren’t you supposed to be back in Vacuo? The tournament was months ago.”

“Yeah, I stuck around to help Team RWBY with the whole White Fang thing. Who are your new friends?” I look, and Pinkie and Rarity are starting to regain consciousness, and are being assisted by the other three.

“Oh yeah. The one with the curly purple hair is Rarity, and the crazy pink one is Pinkie Pie. Don’t worry, I’m sure you two will get along just fine.” Just then, he gets knocked back into the bushes by a pink beam. I turn, and Pinkie Pie is sitting on the ground, a cannon mounted where her arm used to be, with a wild look in her eyes. Her right eye is darting around, looking at something on that eyepiece, while the left is dead set on Sun.

“Whoa Pinkie! What in Tartarus are you thinking? Sun’s a friend!”

Pinkie Pie just shakes her head. “N-no! Not a f-friend! Not even r-real!” I see her hair’s gone flat. Well, I’ll trust one of my Equestrian friends before anyone I know from Remnant, especially after Discord’s been through here. As he climbs out of the bushes, looking no worse for wear, I stand at the ready, uneasy, but relaxed.

“Sorry about that, Sun, but it appears Pinkie isn’t in a trusting mood right now. First time out of our dimension, and all. However, if she doesn’t trust you, I have my doubts, so we’re gonna play a little Q&A game, to see if you are the real Sun Wukong. Okay, first question: How many years have I won the Best Young Flier Competition?”

“Every year you entered. The first was when Princess Celestia herself declared you the winner when—” he shuts up when I jam Boom under his chin.

I make a buzzer sound. “Wrong answer. The real Sun would say something like ‘What’s the Best Young Fliers Competition?’ because I never told him about me being a pony. So, Discord, do you wanna see what the inside of your brain looks like? ‘Cause I’m about to blow it all over this clearing.”

Sun laughs, then speaks in a voice we know all too well. “Oh, that would’ve been my second guess.” He backs up, then twists into the head of our foe. “Sorry girls, can’t stay long. Ol’ Grimmy gets pissed when I’m not there to stop him from destroying the city. So, yes, it’s me, no, you can’t hope to stop me (not that you won’t try everything in your power to do so), and yes, we are currently situated at what used to be the Beacon Academy, where we have some of your friends enjoying our company. Ooh, I see you brought the Elements with you. Not that they’ll help, but whatever strokes your egos. And finally, no, I did not come alone, I sent a large pack of Grimm this way not two minutes ago. They should be here right about… now.” Right on cue, a mixture of Beowulf and Ursa burst into the clearing.

“Now, I’d love to stay and see the slaughter, but right now I have to scoot back. I’ll see you girls at ‘school’!” He laughs as his head goes up in smoke.

We snap into action. “Fluttershy, Twi, get Rarity and Pinkie on their feet. AJ, you and me hold them off until-” a pink blur shoots forward, and every Grimm in that direction is blown back. Pinkie stands there, her entire upper body, and some of her legs, encased in armor, that cannon still on her arm, her remaining fist embedded in what used to be the skull of an Ursa. In another section of the clearing, an explosion rips through, sending even more Grimm flying; obviously, Fluttershy has decided to join the fun. By this time, Twi has Rarity on her feet, so me and Twi switch out as I need to talk to the newest member of the team.

“How’re you doing, Rarity?”

“Oh, Rainbow Dash. It feels a little strange, but mostly, kind of good. So,” we duck as a small Nevermore screams by overhead, “this is the world you told us about? Not what I expected.”

I blast a few Beowulfs off of Applejack’s back. “Really? What did you expect? Oh, do you feel any sort of connection with any certain part of what you have?”

“Well, I expected a city filled with the best fashions this world has to offer! As to your other question, no, but I do feel great in these clothes! I could never make something this lavish, yet practical in Equestria!”

So, she has no weapons. Great. Five kick-ass warriors, and one useless fashionista. At that moment, a Beowulf makes a blind charge, somehow gets past the others, and rakes its claws across Rarity’s back. I see a glimpse of armoring underneath, so she’s unharmed. However, her jacket could use some stitching. I blast the Beowulf into gooey bits then look back to Rarity. “Hey, Rars, you doin--”

Holy shit, her face! Her mouth is pulled into a most unladylike snarl, and her eyes have gone blood red, not unlike Yang’s. She’s breathing heavily as she walks up to the nearest Grimm, looks it straight in the eye (which surprisingly, has it quivering in fear), and what she says chills me to the bone. Not what she says, but how she says it. Such malice from a ‘lady’.

“It isn’t proper to damage a lady’s outfit. Stupid little creatures must be punished!” And with that, she swings her handbag around, not unlike how Blake wields Gambol Shroud, and I hear the crunch as the Beowulf’s face caves in as the bag impacts. “STUPID CREATURES MUST DIE!” She shouts, then throws herself into the fray. Note to self: do NOT piss off Rarity here, or insult her fashion sense. As she runs to the Grimm, she reaches into the bag and pulls out three very sharp-looking objects. She throws, and scores three hits on two of the nearest Ursai. One then explodes, another freezes the Ursa’s arm, and the third sets the other on fire.

I can’t focus on her anymore, as a Nevermore almost takes my head off. I shake off the blow, and back up my team. We quickly decimate the Grimm party, most notably Pinkie firing beams from that cannon of hers over and over, and delivering crippling strikes to any Grimm who get close.

As Applejack and Fluttershy dispatch the last of the Grimm, I approach Pinkie Pie. Whatever happened to her when she saw Sun/Discord, it probably wasn’t healthy. I go to lay a hand on her shoulder. “Hey, Pinks, are you—”

She whips around, her eyes wild as she shoots a beam in my general direction. It misses, and strikes a tree, boring a neat hole straight through it, and the next tree, and the next tree…damn.

“Pinkie! Calm down!” I tackle her to the ground, but she keeps struggling, her right eye always darting around behind that eyepiece. Wait, the eyepiece…

I wrench it off of her face, and she finally begins to calm down. I call Twilight over, and toss her the object. “What do ya make of it, Twi? Whatever it is, it caused her to go a bit more crazy than usual.”

Twilight, being the absolute genius she is, immediately puts the piece to her face. She gasps. “I can see energy!”

“What?”

“You know, the whole Aura thing? The innate power everything on this planet has? With this, I can actually see the different Auras of us!” She summons a small ball of fire with her wand, and holds it in the air as she examines it. “I can see the breakdown of this spell! This is amazing! Imagine what this could do back in Equestria!” There’s a single Beowulf lurking in the shadows near the clearing; Twi turns her gaze to it.

“Oh my Goddesses…”

“What now?”

“The Grimm don’t have Auras… I think you were right before, Rainbow, back in the ruin? These things don’t have souls… they just show up as darkness. Darkness that I must… destroy…” I quickly put a bullet in the thing’s brain, and that seems to snap Twi out of it.

“Anything else that thing can do? Like turn that off?”

“I think it’s also got some kind of ammo readout, probably connected to Pinkie’s toy. I don’t think I can turn the Aura Reader (That’s what I’m calling it) off, but I may be able to… aha!” The display on the eyepiece dims a bit. “I just lessened the amount of Aura shown. Now, instead of seeing everything, I can just see a faint glow around you guys. I can’t see any darkness beyond the clearing, so we’re definitely alone. *gasp* That must be what Pinkie saw! When she saw Sun, or Discord, she didn’t see him as a person or being, but a literal wall of darkness!”

“Who?” Pinkie’s regained enough of her senses to join the conversation. I take the Reader from Twilight and approach Pinkie again.

“Pinkie, Twi has some ideas, but can you tell us how you knew that guy was Discord?”

“I dunno, but that thingy on my eye went crazy, and all I saw was scary dark stuff that I just wanted to get rid of so I thought really hard about wanting to get rid of it and then this thing,” she motions to the cannon, “comes up my arm and I think about stopping that scary dark stuff and the thing shoots at the dark stuff and suddenly it’s Discord and then we get surrounded by other dark things and I really really wanted to get rid of the dark things and then I-I…” she looks at me fearfully. “D-did I really kill something? Like, a lot of somethings?”

“Unfortunately, yes Pinkie, you did. But you could see it, even though we couldn’t. Those things you killed don’t have souls; they would have stopped at nothing to kill us.”

“S-so it’s okay that I blasted a lot of things until they were dead?”

“Yeah, it is. Just try not to blast any of us, okay?” I hold up the Reader. “I’m going to put this back on; Twilight’s made it so it hopefully won’t be as scary, okay?”

Pinkie sniffles. “’Kay.” I put it back over her eye. “Wow. Everything looks pink now! *gasp* Rainbow, you look like an angel! You have this weird glowy thing around you!”

“It’s called an Aura, Pinkie. Anything with a soul has an Aura. Do you feel like you need to shoot us?”

“Nope! I guess because you have a thingy, you must be good, not like that *shudder* other stuff.”

“Boo! Poor show!” We’re showered with bits of… popcorn? We look up, and Discord is sitting in the air in a theater seat, 3-D glasses, and an oversized tub of popcorn. Thankfully, Pinkie isn’t levelling her cannon at him yet, but she is looking increasingly uneasy.

“You were supposed to be all disoriented and sloppy, so you’d get mauled by my pets! Well, I guess that’s the Elements for ya! Never know when to stay dead.”

Fluttershy looks up at him nervously. “D-Discord? That doesn’t sound like something you’d say. I thought you would be content sowing chaos. What happened?”

Discord turns dark. No, literally turns dark; his skin becomes as dark as the fur on the Grimm. “Why, whatever do you mean, fresh meat? I guess Ol’ Grimmy must be letting me into some of his power. Oh, yes, I’m also remembering some of what happened before I was put in stone by those two angels.” At that, he turns, spits, and catches part of the forest on fire.

“Do you know how many worlds I’ve been to? So far, I’m remembering at least a hundred! One hundred worlds before Equis, where Celestia and Luna,” two more spits, two more blazes, “destroyed me each and every bucking time! But, something changed on Equis. I was tired, they were tired, and we all knew that this was going to be the end. They found those gems you now wear, and put me in stone! However, that wasn’t the only thing. I lost a part of myself that day; then, one thousand and whatever years later, I am released, but something is gone. That certain spark I had on all those other worlds. The spark that led me to create something as vulgar as the Grimm. Something,” he looks down at us, eyes and teeth gleaming with malice, “That the Grimmfather returned to me.” He begins growing.

“So come. Come after us. We will be waiting for you. And when you do come, we will be waiting to Eat Your SOULS!” He is giant now, and a gruesome mix of a ton of Grimm parts. “YOU WILL BE GROUND INTO NOTHING, AS WILL THE ANGELS! WE WILL DESTROY YOU, AND DEVOUR YOUR PUNY GEMS! THEN WE WILL HAVE THE POWER TO CRUSH THE ANGELS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!” He turns and flies in the direction of Vale. When he’s gone, none of us can move.

“Well, shee-it. How’re we supposed to take ‘im down now?”

I find myself able to speak. “Not sure AJ. I’m not sure.”

Author's Note:

Yes, if you think hard enough, just imagine Pinkie Pie as having the top half of Samus Aran's armor in pinks and reds, minus helmet. why not give the crazy extradimensional being (Remember her 4th-wall powers, although they will be severely diminished here) the crazy sorta OP kind of weapon she deserves?