• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 900 Views, 21 Comments

Prodigies: Virtual Defenders - Javelin Lightspear



Three teenage humans built a portal to a virtual reality fantasy world.

  • ...
3
 21
 900

Chapter 5: The Adventure Begins

Morning had come, the teenagers got up early because it was their first time living together, like a permanent sleepover, and prepared for school, despite the fact that school in their world would not re-open for a few more days.


“You know, Javelin.” called Magistrike.


“Yeah?”


“We could build another portal back home, can’t we?”


“Why do you ask?” asked Saberblade.


“We made a portal here, why not we make a portal back?”


Javelin stood for a second, putting his bag which he brought from the world of reality on the floor.


“It’s near impossible… but I’ll try...” he said softly.


Magistrike became puzzled as he heard the first sentence of Javelin’s reply. He asked: “Why near impossible?”


“The portal we made was meant to lead us to a fantasy world. So, if we made another portal, despite trying to reroute it back home, we might end up in another fantasy world inside a fantasy world.” explained Javelin. “Besides, the portal we made at the mansion was BARELY successful, and we came here with a chance of risk dying.”


The house became silent. The boys sat on their seats respectively without saying a word until a knock on the door broke the silence. Javelin went to look at the peephole and saw Pinkie Pie slowly closing her left eye on the other side of the peephole.


“She’s here, let’s go.”


“There you guys are!” she exclaimed. “Thought you’d never open the door!”


“So? Where is this Camelot High?” asked Javelin.


“It’s Canterlot.” Pinkie corrected Javelin. “Just follow me and we’ll be there in no time!”


The boys followed the lively girl skipping in front of them. On the way, Magistrike suggested that they should not use their powers because he thought that the people here are just normal people and they might scare them.


“All of them?” asked Javelin.


“Well, just our weapons and your wings, Javelin.” Magistrike answered. “We can still use our physical abilities like your speed and Saberblade’s strength. Just don’t use it at full potential.”


“Then, what’s yours?” asked Saberblade.


“Mine are kinda balanced… with precise aim.”


As the teenagers walked along the sidewalk, they heard a high-pitch scream, followed by the sound of glass broke and an alarm going off. Suddenly, three masked men rushed out of a store just in front of them. Two of them were armed, one with a pistol, and the other with a machete.


“OH MY SUGARS! A ROBBERY!” Pinkie screamed and ran into a thin alley between two buildings. “This way! We’ll be safe to school through here!”


The teenagers did not seem to listen to Pinkie’s advice.


“Well... guess the town wasn’t as peaceful as it seemed. You thinking what I’m thinking?” Javelin asked his friends.


“Yeah!” agreed Saberblade.


“Let’s kick some butt!” said Magistrike, wearing his hood.


“LET’S GO!” the boys chased after the burglar with their bags still on them.


It was not long for Magistrike to take down the only unarmed burglar by tackling him. However, it was another story for Javelin and Saberblade, who chased the two burglars to a dead end.


“Javelin, take down the gunner!” said Saberblade.


“Right!”


“Leave this one to me!” Saberblade cracked his knuckles.


“What’re we gonna do?” said the guy with the machete.


“What do you think, fool? Fight back!” said the other with the gun. “These kids don’t stand a chance.”


“Kids? You don’t know who you’re messin’ with!” Javelin rushed forward. The gunner raised his gun and opened fire. Amazingly, Javelin dodged every single bullet and ran up for a few steps on the wall before taking down the robber with an eagle spin kick.


On the other hand, Saberblade was parrying every slash thrown at him with his forearms. Finally, he caught the blade on the sides with his bare hands and kicked the burglar on the crotch, making him kneel and cry in pain.


“Yeah man! That’s how you do it!” said Saberblade.


“Nice one, Saberblade,” Javelin complimented and they high-fived.


“There you guys are!” a voice shouted from behind.


“Magistrike!”


“The police are here!” Magistrike announced as police officers came and took the burglars away. “It took us long enough to find you guys.”


“Nice job, boys!” praised one of the police officers. “How can the community ever repay you?”


“Well, we could use a ride to school,” Magistrike raised a finger.


“Sure, where to?”


“It’s Canterlot High, sir,” replied Javelin.


“Okay, you’ll be there in no time! Hop on!”


And with that, a free fast police ride to school. Along the way they saw buildings, the buildings became trees, and the trees became houses as they moved along.


“Never seen you boys before, I assume that you are new here?” asked the police officer.


“Uh… yeah… we just moved here,” replied Javelin, who sat next to the officer.


“I see. Well, everyone in this town lives happily in harmony, so you don’t need to worry about mostly anything. Uh… except, of course, the incident that happened earlier… but you guys took ‘em down with no sweat, so I guess you won’t be having any problems adjusting to your new environment. Your parents must be proud of you!”


The car went silent. Then Magistrike, who sat behind Javelin, spoke.


“What do you know about Canterlot High, sir?”


“Canterlot? What can I say? It’s a great school. To be honest, I actually graduated there!”


“That makes you our senior,” said Saberblade.


“Well, when you put it that way, I guess so. Haha!”


A couple minutes later, they arrived in front of Canterlot High.


“I’ll go on and have a word with the principal about what you did earlier. You guys take your time and catch up,” the officer told the boys and went on ahead.


The boys left the car and stood in front of the enormous school. Saberblade walked a few steps up to a horse statue in front of the school.


“Guess we know where the school got his name, huh?” he turned around and pointed to the statue with his thumb.


The other two catched up to Saberblade, and Javelin made a sign to huddle.


“Something tells me that our adventure is just getting started.” Javelin whispered to his friends.