• Published 22nd Jan 2015
  • 900 Views, 21 Comments

Prodigies: Virtual Defenders - Javelin Lightspear



Three teenage humans built a portal to a virtual reality fantasy world.

  • ...
3
 21
 900

Chapter 4: Visitors

John opened the door without looking at the peephole first. In their surprise, the boys saw two teenage girls about their age in front of them. One of them had pink fluffy hair while the other had rainbow-colored hair.


“Hello there, are you lost?” said John, acting nicely.


“Um, not exactly. We were just checking on this abandoned house that has been abandoned for some days to see if someone had unabandoned this abandoned house.” said the girl in the pink hair.


“Abandoned?” John turned back to his friends, they just shrugged.


“Yeah, someone moved out and abandoning this place,” she sighed. “But thanks to you, this place is unabandoned again!”


Unabandoned? Is that even a word? The boys looked at each other.


“Well, since you three ‘prodigies’ live here now, I suppose we have no reason to come here anymore.” said the rainbow-haired girl. “Come on, Pinkie.”


Pinkie? Is that a real name? The boys looked at each other again. Then, Steven whispered: ”I told you we should use our gaming names...”


“Oh, don’t be a spoilsport Rainbow Dash! They’re new here and they need a WELCOME PARTY!” said Pinkie.


Rainbow Dash, huh? The boys thought.


“Told you...” whispered Steven.


“Fine then… from now on we will use our gaming names...” John whispered.


“So… what do you think? Need a PARTAY?” asked Pinkie.


“We don’t need that, right guys?” asked John. His friends nodded.


“Aww… I really want to hold a party...” Pinkie sighed. “I’m Pinkie Pie and this is my friend, Rainbow Dash.”


“Pinkie, I don’t think we should introduce ourselves to strangers...” whispered Rainbow.


“It’s okay, Dashie. They’re new here and about our age. What’re your names?”


“I’m Javelin.” John played along.


“Saberblade,” followed Steven.


“Name’s Magistrike.” Melvin raised a hand.


“Nice to meet you three!” greeted Pinkie. “Hey, since you’re new around here, why don’t you enroll to Canterlot. Hey, I’ll get you tomorrow! I bet you don’t know where it is!”


“This is ridiculous, I’m going home,” said Rainbow as she turned around and ran down the valley. “See ya, Pinkie!”


“Okay, Rainbow! See ya tomorrow!” Pinkie waved at her from a distance.


She turned around and continued: “So, wanna enroll to Canterlot High?”


“Uh, sure… I suppose...” replied Javelin.


“Great! You’re gonna love Canterlot! We have great facilities with great classes with great labs and with great teachers and OOH… not to mention...”


Javelin closed the door slowly and softly, leaving the girl blabbering outside.


“Man, will she ever stop?” exclaimed Javelin. ”Well, we do know where we will go next.”


“Yeah, but what about money?” asked Magistrike.


“Easy, we go find jobs!” suggested Saberblade. “But where to find one?”


“I bet the pink-haired girl might know where we could find one. What was her name again? Pinkie Pie?” said Javelin.


“She still out there?” asked Magistrike.


Javelin went to look at the peephole. He turned around and replied: “Nope, she’s gone.”


“Well, we ask her tomorrow then,” suggested Saberblade.


“I guess that’s all we could do...” said Javelin. “Let’s have dinner and call it a day. I found some instant noodles in the shelf earlier.”


“Gee, I hope they’re spicy,” said Saberblade.


“I wish they’re chicken flavored,” said Magistrike.


“I just hope they aren’t expired.” said Javelin.


After that, they had the noodles for dinner and prepared for the next day.