• Published 5th May 2012
  • 4,961 Views, 159 Comments

Tales of a Changeling Commander - Grazy Polomare



A Changeling Commander who gets caught runs into more adventures then he bargained for.

  • ...
10
 159
 4,961

Double-Crossing Pt 2

Transparence was transfixed, unable to make a decision. Her mind was a boggled mess of doubts and facts that were hastily assembled in her mind to form some sort of conclusion.

“Well…” Double asked, her voice sounding a bit irritated.

“I…I…”

What could she say? What should she do? The Commander may have been her temporary leader, but High-General Double was not just her original commanding officer, but her friend as well. There had been several times in the past where Double had saved her on multiple occasions.

“I’m sorry High-General…” Transparence crowed, her head drooping down in shame. “I can’t-“

“THANK CHRYSALIS!” The Commander screamed in glee, a grin plastered over his face. “Oh thank Celestia that there is still a force out there who isn’t delusional and sleeps with a doll-“

“What did you say?” Transparence asked, her ears straight as if they were at attention.

“What do you mean?” The Commander gave the elite changeling a confused look. Last he checked, he hadn't said anything offensive to the changeling did he?

“Did you make fun of Double’s Smarytpants?”. Her dark tone sent shivers down the changeling's spine.

The Commander was flabbergasted, unable to fathom the meaning behind these words."Well I-I-“

“Because you know that’s pretty cruel right?”

“Wait…”the Commander’s eyes darted between the elite and the High-General, “you’re one of them?”

Transparence merely sighed, “Well not exactly, but even I can’t forgive someone who insults a changeling’s personal life. So in that case…”

Before the Commander could protest, Transparence fired a light purple projectile that sent him into a spastic dance.

Then turning to Double, she said, “I think I’m done here. He’s all yours Double.”

“Why thank you Transparence,” Double said with a grin on her face, “I know how loyal you are to Mr. Meanie Pants over there, but I’m glad for your help.”

The Commander was panting, his eyes glaring daggers at Transparence. “What’s…with…everyone…and….Smartypants?”

Transparence left with a humph as Double turned to give the Commander another sadistic grin. "Well you see why being all nasty can get other changelings to turn against you?" Her voice was soft, as if she was lecturing a hatchling.

The Commander could only gape, his eyes in utter shock at just how messed up his fellow officer was. Rising to his hooves, he prepared for another lethal assault. Meanwhile, Double shifted back to her pink unicorn form, a glare now directed towards her former subordinate.

"Let's duel?"

----------------------

Carbon wasn't one to support obscene theories nor did he realize what he was doing. From the distance, he could see Reflect trotting with other changelings behind their ever loyal queen. "Bunch of fakes!"

He was a changeling of order, but not of compromise. And if Double thought that she could kill him so easily, she would be in for a big surprise.

And he would be the one to make sure she paid indeed.

------------------

The Commander coughed a bit of blood, causing his attacker to stop in her place and watch with genuine concern. As he gazed up at her, the changeling eyed the General with a quizzical expression, as if she had overdosed on love libations.

"Uhhhhh...Double?"

The High-General shook herself out of the trance, her eyes once again refocusing on the Commander. "Oh so sorry Commander, I must have had a doozy. As I was saying, I feel it's time to show you what the price for your betrayal has rounded up to."

She then turned and trotted off, causing the Commander to rise up in protest."What the buck Double? Why are you leaving?" The General gave a giggle and swerved her head to view the bewildered soldier. "The Queen didn't want you to die Commander. I was to teach you a lesson and now that you seem to have calmed your meanie-little ass down, I can finally go and join the others. Your welcome to tag along to, but be mindful that I will be babysitting you to make sure you don't have another tantrum."

The Commander was frozen, unable to fathom the full extent of the sound vibrations entering his carapace. "Okay Double, this is really getting out of-"

KA-BOOM!

Double, or Twilight Wish as her current form clearly illustrated, was thrown straight into a pile of debris with a force that managed to tear what little remains of the wall were left. The Commander only had time to dodge as another bolt came from the light pink cannon. Only the problem was that the cannon was being filled with live ammunition and the wielder was a very familiar, former, general.

"Carbon, you could have killed me you half-gaunt bloke!" the Commander squealed.

The general laughed and tossed the cannon aside, his eyes filled with a relentless, blind rage that sent a cold chill down Commander Morpheus' back.

"You fool, Commander," Carbon yelled, "I have nothing left to lose. And with our dear High-General out of the way, I can finally have my revenge with the gauche, no brains, imbecile of a Commander-in-Chief of the Changeling Armada!"

Morpheus took in a deep breath, his eyes focused on the now hornless adversary. Carbon was clearly delusional, but he had retained enough sanity to justify his actions. Where as Double had competed with him for control of the swarm, Morpheus...had...well...been responsible for some pranks that may not have turned into the best of jokes in the end.

"And now I am going to finish you off like a dog!!"

With that, Carbon howled and dashed forward, while Morpheus stood his ground, the ebony helmet sliding off his head. He began to count, the changeling bracing himself for collision with the lunatic of a general.

Wazzam! Clang!

In a matter of seconds, Morpheus swung the helmet directly into the right side of Carbon's cheek, sending him rolling into a pile of wooden planks. Then turning, he dashed off, screaming "RUN AWAY!!" as Carbon slowly got to his hooves, a large bump occupying the right side of his forehead.

"Ahhhhhh...why you little-" But the Commander had vanished, apparently being too cowardly to even face Carbon in battle. The general gave a howl of anger before returning to the motionless body of Double.

"Well High-General," he murmured to himself, "it looks like we got ourselves a coward on the run."