• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 7,016 Views, 193 Comments

The Devil Inside - Chelis



The permanent opening of the portal between Equestia and the alternate human world allows Sunset Shimmer to use her magic again

  • ...
27
 193
 7,016

Kings and Queens Part I

"And you are sure I can't go with you guys?" Sunset Shimmer asked, carrying both of her mother's heavy blue luggage cases.

"No, Sweetheart. It's a business trip, not a family event. I'm sorry kiddo, but I'll be sure to make it up to you when we get back." Thunder Breeze explained.

"Since when did Waikiki Beach became a business trip?" Sunset asked, Glancing at her father's cargo shorts and flower button up shirt. The girl was becoming suspicious of her father's motive.

"I don't choose where they hold these police commissioner conferences, Sunset. But I’m not complaining about where they chose this one."

"If you say so, dad," Sunset grumbled in disappointment.

"And I say let us hurry this up, people! I want to be in a coconut bra before the day's end!" Hazel Cinnamon commanded. She was holding a few fashion and professional chef magazines for the long flight.

"I feel so sorry for the entire part of the island that has to see that," Solar Sword said, using the one hand that wasn’t in a sling to drag a rolling suitcase behind him.

"Bad! Bad!" Hazel playfully nagged as she smacked him with her rolled up magazines.

"Well, at least you get some good eye candy, this weekend," Thunder Breeze commented to Sunset.

"Uh, Chief? I don't think that's the right way to describe your daughter," Solar joked.

"Speaking of," Thunder Breeze replied. "I'm trusting you with this one. She can be trouble. And do you your best to make sure she doesn't sneak out at night."

"Understood, Sir,"

"That goes for you too, Sunset. Any hanky-panky between you two and this house will turn Heaven's Gate in a split second. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up castration. Do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes Sir."

"Yes Daddy," Sunset said as she gave him one last hug.

Her mother was not far behind. "Behave Sweetie."

"And if you do hook up with him, please give me the juicy details," her mother whispered as she let go.

With a wink, her mother walked to the taxi that was waiting for them in front of the house, her father already in the car. Everyone waved goodbye as the car began its trip to the airport, only ending as the taxi disappeared from view.

"So, what do you wanna do?" Solar asked.

"W-wanna make out?" Sunset asked. She played with her hair and unleashed her pouty puppy eyes that she used to get whatever she wanted.

"W-what?" Solar stuttered.

"I'm fucking with you, order a pizza or something! And I hope you brought your video games like you said you would!" Sunset commanded as she went back inside.

* * *

"So let me get this straight: He is sleeping over?! With you?! No parents?! You lucky girl!" Rarity said in envy. Sugar Cube Corner was its usual state of packed for a Friday afternoon, and most of the student body was at the restaurant. The girls were enjoying their usual collection of shakes while gossiping amongst themselves. Sunset looked around and recognized most as people she bullied before, so she’d always kept a low profile since then. The only time she was out of her woman-made shell was when she was around her friends.

"Why would I be lucky?" Sunset asked.

"He is absolutely hot!"

"I guess? I always saw him as an older brother, one that gave us pizza that one time," Sunset said. The rest of the girls giggled because they walked into that situation back a few months ago. They also earned pizza to buy their silence as well. Only Pinkie Pie had the 'hots' for him, but not as severe as Rarity. Rainbow and Applejack thought he was rather handsome, but nothing to salivate over.

As for Fluttershy:"Oh! He was nice, I owe him my life."

The conversation went from Solar Sword’s hotness rating to other boys at school. iIn the midst of the estrogen-fueled drool fest, Sunset felt the all too familiar vibration coming from her book bag.

Thanks Twilight, the conversation was getting awkward.

"Sunset,

I'm glad to hear that you and Fluttershy are okay. That sounds like a scary ordeal. I knew your world was dangerous, but I didn't know it was that dangerous! The many monsters, fiends, and villains here want power, not to perform devious acts on a pony's body. Equestria is quiet again, mostly the occasional friendship problem. What are you going to do with that guy living in your house for a weekend? It seems you might be planning something?


Your friend,


Twilight.


With a pen in hand, Sunset wrote a reply.

Twilight,

My only concern was for Fluttershy, I really wouldn't care what would happen to me. As for this world, the magic of friendship isn't as huge as it is in Equestria, but at least it exists in some way. My father was talking about letting me travel this country some day. Maybe I can spread friendship if I ever get to, which might be in a few years. As for that guy? I might have plans with him, depending how tonight goes. I know I say this all the time, but tell Celestia I said hello and I can’t wait to see her again someday.

Your friend,

Sunset Shimmer.

"I'm sorry, Sunset. I cannot get over how hot Solar Sword is!" Rarity said. The girls began to giggle at the girl. In his uniform, behind Rarity, stood Solar Sword also wearing a smug grin behind the infatuated teenager.

"I can't get over how hot I am either!" Solar said in pride.

"Solar! Oh hi!" Rarity trembled.

"It's fine to have those feelings Rarity, such a shame you are only fifteen… come back to me in three years and we will talk… ANYWAY! Sunset! Ready to go?"

"You bet!"

As they drove back to her house, the conversation of what to eat that night came up.

"We had pizza yesterday, we need to do something new," Solar suggested.

"Chinese?"

"Sure!"

As Solar changed his route to make a pit stop at the only Chinese food place in the suburb, sunset received one text from Rarity.

"YOU BETTER JUMP HIS BONES HOLY SHIT IM SO JEALOUS OF YOU"

* * *

Normally, Sunset's high wailing alarm clock on her nightstand would be silent on a Saturday. That day, however, it went on but only an hour later at eight o’ clock. Sunset swatted her alarm like a fly and sat up. She looked around and then outside of her window. It was a bright and sunny morning, which she was hoping for.

Morning, Sunset.

"Morning GLADIS, ready for today?"

Yes, can't wait.

"Great," she said as she stepped out of her bed. Sunset grabbed the towel and went into her bathroom, and when she came out half an hour later, she was in all black. Her pants had a numerous assortment of plastic plates and black. On top of her long sleeve shirt was a padded vest with black plastic armor. Strapped to her back was a harness that had a handle sticking out of it.

Whats with the new gear?

"This? This is some plastic armor used for motorcycle riders. I thought it would help with bad guys." Sunset explained.

And that handle?

Sunset grabbed the handle and pulled it out of its sheath, revealing the machete it was attached to."It's my dad’s. It was his issued machete when he was in this country's special forces. Said he did some missions in tropical countries so they gave him one. The government gave him money to go to college when he left, and that's where he met mom."

Want me to verify the story?

"I’ll take my dad's word for it. Thanks"

Sunset stepped out of her room and began to crouch-walk down the hallway. The living room was the only room standing between her and the outside, which Solar Storm was using to watch football.

"Sorry if you need to watch your little pony shit or whatever Sunset, but the college football game is on!" He shouted in celebration.

"Well, so much for the front door. I have a plan though. Gladis, text him," Sunset whispered.

Will do.

Within seconds, Solar's phone began to vibrate, making an audible buzz as it moved against the coffee table. He picked up the phone and took a look at what the text read.

Go to Alex's house.

"Wait, wha-"

At that moment, Sunset fired an opal beam from her finger to the glass of the phone. The beam ricochet off the glass and landed on Solar's forehead. His head jerked back and he dropped his phone.

"Gotcha," Sunset said as she ran down the stairs to see her kill. His eyes were open, but staring into space. He didn't move.

"Right, I have twelve hours. Let's make each second count."

Sunset grabbed a blanket next to Solar and wrapped him from the neck down. As she tucked the blanket in, her lips came close to Solar’s. She stopped for a second and stared at his lips. A feeling of want came over her, and she leaned to met his lips. It was only a quarter of an inch from both their lips meeting that Sunset snapped out of it.

No, you don't control me Rarity.

Sunset substituted the kiss on the mouth with one on the cheek.

"Sleep tight, buddy."

Author's Note:

I have a Skype group for fans of my work, pre-readers, proofreaders, and editors. If you want to join this group (and Skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is mine skype) and tell me you want to join the group.