• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 3,061 Views, 126 Comments

Chrysbloom - SwiperTheFox



Applebloom's black magical spell traps her and the other Crusaders in Chrysalis' underworld.

  • ...
6
 126
 3,061

Sighted In Sector G

"You know, you haven't been treating me very nice," Fab growled, stepping just a little bit closer. He moved up his hoof, Applebloom's large, ugly bite mark covered with a glowing magical aura.

"Very nice?" Applebloom retorted.

"Hey, uh, what's all this, again?" Scootaloo asked, putting on a very blank facial expression.

"But," Fab said, leaning back and swirling his fancy mane for a moment. He grinned. "I'll forgive you." He ran his head over Applebloom's mane, shooting her hot breath all across her neck. "If, of course, you let me have a little taste. A snack. Just a little taste of your sweet apple flanks."

"No." She scooted to the side, falling over onto her back.

"Just a small, tiny taste." Fab leaned over, putting Applebloom's body below his and sticking his tounge out around her forehead. "Sweet, sweet apples."

"No!"

*Blam!*

Applebloom smashed her bottom hooves in between Fab's legs as she yelled, hearing a crunch as her hooves dug into Fab's flesh. Fab's heart seemed to stop for a split-second. He jumped backwards and made a guttural scream, eyes bulging out. Applebloom leaped up into the air and ran to Scootaloo's side. Fab groaned curses as he rocked around on the floor in place, clutching his hooves around his privates.

"What the hay is going on!" Scootaloo called out, starting to breathe hard. "Why would you do that to Fab?" She looked over at Applebloom as he ears wiggled about.

"Scootaloo!" Applebloom rubbed her hooves along the filly pegasus' shoulders, trying not to cry. "Don't you remember me? You have to remember."

"Hey, I, uh," Scootaloo muttered, nudging her head to the side, "I think... yes... I know you."

"Yay!" Applebloom felt like her heart had rocketed straight into the stratosphere. She smiled from cheek to cheek.

"You're Fab's keyboardist! You're Apple Bumpkins!" Scootaloo hollered, looking cheery.

"Ugh," Applebloom moaned, putting her face in her hooves.

"It's not going to be that simple, you prissy little slut," Fab muttered, standing up once again. He took a deep breath, still keeping some distance from Applebloom. "You need to finish Scootaloo's Puzzle."

"Forget you! Forget your stupid puzzles!"

Fab's eyes narrowed into tiny, beady orbs, glaring at the filly. He bucked back on his hind hooves, moaning. He braced himself, and he opened his mouth to start on a nice, long rant.

"Hey, uh... Fab..."

Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Fab all stared as the bassist pony stepped closer. He had a very sheepish look on his face. Applebloom blinked, and a green flash went across the musicians' body. The bassist turned from a generic grey and brown stallion into a tall, yellow pegasus with weird black stripes going across his sides.

Stupid changeling things! Applebloom moved to the side, getting between Fab and Scootaloo with the filly pegasus sitting behind her. I can't belive it... it... Applebloom took a little breath, hooves knocking against the floor. I can't believe it's taken me so long to really get it. Those band boys are the same things that crashed Cadence's wedding. I knew at first-- I always knew it. But now, know that I've seen them change and I know for sure-- what should I do about it? Do those things have any weaknesses? Shoot, even the whole six elements of harmony had trouble with them!

"It's her," said the bassist, shuffling his hooves evasively. "She's made it into the... into our place."

"It's what?" Fab asked.

"The Princess of the morning is here, your majesty. She's here. Last sighted in Sector G, heading for Sector H."

"That chunky flanked whore! She's breaking into my house? My place? Ruining my plans? Ugh!" Fab smashed his hooves into the ground, forcing them down so hard that he left dents in the metal. The bassist took a gulp.

"So, uh, what are we supposed to do about it?"

"Leave 'Celly' to me." Fab murmured, making a suddenly devious expression. Applebloom fantasized about bucking some of those dagger-like teeth right out of Fab's mouth. Fab's body lit up with flaming green magic.

"What about the... the... whatever their names are?" asked the bassist, "Your screw-toys?

I'm not somepony's bucking 'screw-toy'! Applebloom's face burned with rage. She found Scootaloo going into a weird mental zone behind her, the filly's eyes glazed over, and she shook. She could barely keep from fighting that monster right then and there.

"Well... whatever!" Fab turned to Applebloom. "Alright, listen missy and listen good." He raised a hoof in the air, making a side to side motion. "I had this whole spiel planned. I was going to ask you math problems. You'd solve the size of the crowd. Probability games. Yadda Yadda Yadda. You know what? Screw Scootaloo's Puzzle. I'm leaving."

"What!"

Circle upon circle of black and green energy ran across Fab's body, a trail of sparkles shooting from atop his head. He glared at Applebloom, and he went on, "Sing. Sing the bucking encore. Do whatever thing that you need to jog Scootaloo's memory. I doubt you can really do it-- you sing in way that a represents the same kind of love that you have for her. Then, when you're done, you get to pick who goes bounced home. The end. No stupid complications or anything."

"What? What!"

Fab disappeared. He winked a second before his magic went over him, Applebloom getting a nice picture of the monster's true form. Applebloom couldn't make out much more than the pony's jagged black horn, but that was more than enough.

"Ugh!" Applebloom moaned. She turned around slowly, eyes going up Scootaloo from her bottom hooves to her blank, emotionless face. The poor pegasus filly's eyes seemed to have a thick green crust building up around them, pupils all dialted. Appleboom put her hooves around Scootaloo's eyes. "Please! Wake up! Shake it off! That changling monster is away from us now, and it's just you and me!" She hugged her, feeling herself almost starting to cry.

"Encore! Encore!" The crowd shouted out.

I guess it's not just you and me. Applebloom broke the hug, making a frustrated sigh, and she magically lifted up her microphone. She did a double-take as she saw it suddenly split into two, a black and red flash going over the metal. What! In just a matter of seconds, she found herself standing in the middle of the stage with two identical mics. She hovered one over besides Scootaloo's face, hoping that it might trigger something. Oh, please!

"Well, Princess Celestia is around." Somewhere! There's a 'Sector G'? And I'm in the sector before or after that? Where in the hay am I, anyways! She took a gulp. Okay. It's all up to me. I know... well, I've long known that it's that horrible changeling queen that's been tormenting us. I just didn't know for sure until I saw her changing right in front of my eyes. How does knowing that help me? I suppose that just means that, like she said, I have to find a song that represents our... our love.

Here are your new song choices!

You don't have much time! The crowd looks pretty restless!

Now, pick a tune that will knock them flat on their backs, a song that will blast the whole arena into paradise!

Please select your song menu:

==]Best of Arena Rock[==
==] Best of Power Pop [==
==] Best of Synth Pop [==

"Let's have a look at arena rock, please!" Applebloom commented. She took a determined breath, steeling herself. She turned over to Scootaloo. Cadence defeated that horrible leader of those bugs. What did she do, again? She didn't really do anything! She just showed her love. Is that all it takes? I just have to sing about our love, our friendship, to get Scootaloo free? She glanced at her microphone, trying to concentrate and activate her magic.

*Flash!*

"I love that rollickin' hard rock!" Scootaloo suddenly yelled.

"Oh my gosh! You're okay!" The filly's eyes, although still looking pale from that despicable green magic, had the horrible crusty residue wiped off of them. A red aura tingled across Scootaloo's body, something like electricity sparkling from her hooves to her wingtips and all in between.

"I wasn't okay?" Scootaloo asked, looking totally confused. Her eyes darted across the stage. "Hey, what happened to Fab?"

"Oh, he's not coming back! I hope..." Applebloom replied. Scootaloo's face turned into a big frown. Applebloom turned back to the electronic screen, grinning. Well, I guess my magic in this world is a lot better than I thought. If only I could find a tune that we both remember! A song from our pasts, one that she loves and that singing to her would... would jog her memory...

Enjoy this selection of twenty live, hard rockin' tunes! Live your dreams!

Hold On Loosely (Live From Houston) - .38 Special

Back In The Saddle (Live From Austin) - Aerosmith

Lonely Is The Night (Live From Montreal) - Billy Squier

Bad Medicine (Live From St. Louis) - Bon Jovi

More Than A Feeling (Live From Vancouver) - Boston

Summer of '69 (Live From Ottawa) - Bryan Adams

Woman From Tokyo (Live From Manchester) - Deep Purple

Photograph (Live From New York) - Def Leppard

Hot Blooded (Live From Kansas City) - Foreigner

The Power Of Love (Live From Los Angeles) - Huey Lewis & the News

You've Got Another Thing Comin' (Live From Baltimore) - Judas Priest

Symphony of Destruction (Live From Toronto) - Megadeth

Green Tinted Sixties Mind (Live From San Francisco) - Mr. Big

Rock N' Roll Star (Live From Glasgow) - Oasis

Flying High Again (Live From Warsaw) - Ozzy Osbourne

All Right Now (Live From London) - Queen + Paul Rodgers

Talk Dirty To Me (Live From Dallas) - Poison

Round And Round (Live From San Diego) - Ratt

Rock You Like A Hurricane (Live From Moscow) - Scorpions

Dance The Night Away (Live From Edmonton) - Van Halen

"Buck it!" Applebloom hollered. Once again! I don't know any of the stupid tunes! And where the hay are these weird places, anyways? 'Houston'? 'Moscow'? 'Toronto'? She looked over at Scootaloo, who simply hopped up and down from taking in the crowd's almost never-ending excitement. Applebloom looked over the list one more time.

Hey, wait... one of these sounds familar. She strained to think back, picturing that moment way back with DJ Pon-3. She had played around with the mare's fancy equipment along with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Pinkie had come in, asking how the party's music plans were going. The pink mare had brought in this large, weird looking record.

Applebloom starined to remember more. That record had odd white and grey streaks coupled with a ton of scratchy nubs on the top of it, looking as if it had been burned with some kind of strange energy or electricity or radiation or something. Pinkie had said something about feeling so proud, about finally trying out some "brand spankin' new jams". Applebloom just sat by and listening. Scootaloo didn't like most of the songs, but one of them got to her. Scootaloo even teared up. Sweetie seemed to love them all.

What was that blasted first song? I think it know it. It went 'I took her home, in my place, watching every move on her face'. And then it went 'I said hey, what is this, maybe she's in need of a kiss'. And they repeated these three words over and over again. Scootaloo couldn't stand it-- it was too blasted repetitive for her. Applebloom glanced down the list again. "Oasis sung that. Ozzy sang that. No... ugh..."

She suddenly stopped.

It's all right now.

She started to shiver from pure excitement. She took sputtered breaths, going down to her bottom hooves and dropping her mic. She gasped.

Baby, it's all right now.

"I know that bucking song! I actually know that song! I know it! I know it!" She hopped around, twirling about the stage just like Pinkie Pie would. "I know it! Pinkie played it-- that was the going away party! The one where Pokey Pierce left for Hoofington! She said that she had gotten that weird record of strange, obscure tunes from--" Applebloom cleared her throat, trying to mimic the pink mare's particular fluffy voice. "I got it from my friends from the other side of the screen, you silly pickle!"

What the hay did she mean by 'friends from the other side of the screen'? What screen? Pinkie, why do you have to be so bucking weird! She paused, speeding over to Scootaloo's side. Well, that doesn't matter. Scootaloo didn't like that one song. But she loved, loved, loved that other song. It was connected to! It was another song that had something to do with Queens or a Queen or something.

Applebloom reached out and pulled the screen closer. She flicked over it, her hoof rubbing up against the oddly sticky-feeling plastic. Blast it! It doesn't help. I know that if I sang a song that Scootaloo remembered, then she'll start to wake up for real this time. But It's not in any of these 'Best Of' selections.

"I wish I could just search for a another song or something..." Applebloom muttered. She stopped once again. "Hey, wait a moment..." She glared at the screen. "Activate search!"

This user does not have permission to access additional songs. Please locate the individual in charger of the user marked 'administrator'.

"Rats!" Applebloom paced around the stage for a moment.

"So, when are we picking our next song, Apple Bumpkins?" Scootaloo asked, totally oblivious.

"Just pick up your mic and--" Applebloom stopped mid-sentence, seeing herself magically lift Scootaloo's mic in the air. Her red aura glowed all over it. Oh, what a ninny I've been! I should stop playing by that changeling Queen's rules! She reached out with a hoof against the screen, and she concentrated.

*Beeeeeeeep*

The screen turned into a checkered black and white pattern, her red aura flowing all over it. "Come on, come on," Applebloom whispered. She pictured an image marked 'search' in her mind. She felt energy coursing through her body, and she knew that she could re-work the karaoke machine. She pictured all of these wires and transistors dotted about inside, and she felt her magic sinking into the workings.

Pepared to search...

_______________

Please enter search term.

Applebloom let out a happy squeal. "Songs about love and friendship, please."

Error: too many search terms given.

Please restate.

"Okie-dokie," Applebloom said, rubbing her hooves, "How about-- songs featuring the word 'friend'. Just 'friend'."

Calculating...

Applebloom took a deep breath. Scootaloo had wandered off into the edge of the crowd and started talking to a pack of griffons. Those griffons had the same soulless, dead eyes as the dragons Applebloom had seen earlier. I wonder how many of these guests are fake and how many are poor creatures made into slaves by changeling magic. She shuddered.

Songs located!

Result number one=

You're My Best Friend - Queen

"That's it!" Applebloom called out, shooting right up into the air with pure happiness. "That's the tune! Pinkie played that in her album!" That was what I remembered about 'Queen'. It was like a... a... I guess the horrible changeling queen was fond of that artist named after her, or maybe she was named after them, or whatever. She ended up putting at least one song by them into the 'Best of' selections. She was so vain that she ended up making that fatal mistake.

Notice: Given the 'encore' status of this performance, that song-- tagged with the description as 'slow, emotional piano rock'-- cannot be selected by itself. It can be peformed as part of a 'medley' of different tunes by the same artist.

Queen Medley has been selected.

Song One: All Right Now (Live From London) - Queen + Paul Rodgers

Song Two: Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

Song Three [Climax]: You're My Best Friend - Queen

Would you like to begin playing this option?

I can't handle three songs in a row like that! It would be too much! Applebloom opened her mouth, trying to talk the machine into just letting her play their own special song-- the "best friend" song. "I would like--"

"Yes! I'm bored! Let's finally sing already!" Scootaloo called out, speeding over to Applebloom's side and interrupting her.

Queen Medley has been selected.

"Well, here we go..." Applebloom gazed over at her brainwashed friend, hoping that she had the power to get through these two new songs before she could try and jog the filly's memory.

Applebloom took a deep breath.

To Be Continued...