• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 1,060 Views, 11 Comments

Torn Asunder - Quilled Hoof



Cadence and Shining Armor's honeymoon takes them to an island paradise which holds an ancient secret

  • ...
3
 11
 1,060

Introduction: Love is in Bloom

Introduction: Love is in Bloom

“It’s MINE”, Rarity bellowed as she made a fevered grab at the bouquet which had left Cadence’s hooves a moment before. She smiled sheepishly as other ponies looked on disapprovingly, her magic holding the bouquet slightly farther from her greedy hooves, though not too far.

The clittler-clatter of the horseshoes played a merry tune as dozens of ponies watched the departing carriage make its way through the cobbled Canterlot streets. As explosions of color rocked the night sky over the city, Twilight and her friends giggled at Spike’s naivete regarding the now-failed bachelor party.

“Oh Spike, you know the bachelor party comes...” Twilight began.

“WASN’T THAT THE GREATEST!” Pinkie Pie interjected, leaving Twilight to trail off with a smile. “I mean I’ve seen some parties before but WOW there was that HUGE cake and dancing and such fun music and... and... oh did I mention cake?” Her breathless smile was so quintessentially Pinkie that everyone had to smile

“Calm down sugarcube, I think we ALL saw how much you enjoyed that cake” Applejack said with a chuckle.

“The cake was rather delectable,” Rarity added, “but the real star was Twilight and her wonderful singing- I didn’t know you had such a talent for songwriting, darling.”

“You’re too kind. Fluttershy deserves credit as well for coming up with the theme” Twilight said, her cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

“Well love certainly IS in bloom, I ain’t never seen two ponies care more about each other than your brother and that Cadence. She sure is a gem” Applejack said as the six ponies and baby dragon turned to watch the carriage approach the gates of canterlot. “Where are they off to now, do ya’ reckon?”

Rainbow Dash’s face lit up, “OOO I know! I was talking to Soarin’ and he said he had heard that they were honeymooning in the Gallop’agos Islands to the south. Soarin’ said he was planning a trip there himself to train using the ocean thermals - isn’t that so awesome.” She squealed and began discussing the finer points of air currents to Fluttershy, who seemed a bit overwhelmed at such a technical discussion of flying but smiled at Dash all the same.

“Funny, that name sounds so familiar. ‘Ga-llop-agos’....” pondered Twilight as they all made their way out of the garden towards the castle. “Spike, remind me to look it up when we get back to Ponyville, won’t you?”

Spike answered with a snore from behind her, and she turned to see Rarity hold a hoof to her lips and then look back at the dragon sleeping gently on her back. A soft smile came across Rarity’s face that made Twilight’s heart beam. She looked up into the night sky and gave a whispered thank you to the stars for the gift of friendship that had changed her life. The six ponies made their way quietly into the castle and up to their rooms for some much deserved rest.

~~~~~~~~~~

“They are safely on their way your highness, they will reach Ferrier Port by morning with good weather”.

“Thank you for the report, and please pass on my most heartfelt thanks to the guard for their bravery and fortitude in dealing with the changelings. All of Equestria is in their debt.”

As the door to her chambers closed, Celestia let out a long sigh. She removed her crown and laid down on her bed, falling almost instantly asleep. Her dreams were mercifully free of invading armies and evil brides, instead she flew blissfully through sunny skies.