• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 553 Views, 125 Comments

Welcome to Equestria - james_the_unicorn



There's a new stallion in Equestria! Everypony has different opinions about him, but he is here to stay! Discord is jealous, however, because he's getting all the attention. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

  • ...
52
 125
 553

chapter 3: Lessons From a Princess

Chapter 3: lessons from a princess.

It took me a while to realize that Pinkie Pie was poking me in the face to get my attention. I snapped out of the trance that I was in from looking at the little village and turn to face Pinkie.

"It’s amazing!"

"I know right! Hey! Wanna see Twilight's castle next?!"

Twilight? As in Twilight Sparkle? "Uh... okay, that sounds-"

Before I could finish my words, Pinkie somehow grabbed me with her hoof and dragged me down the road, leading me to a tall, tree house-shaped castle, which appeared to me made out of crystal. Pinkie led me through the front entrance and brought me down a hallway. "TWILIGHT!!! ANYPONY HOME!?"

A little after pinkie called for her, a purple unicorn with wings poked her head out of a room and looked over with a smile.
I believe it was called an alicorn. "Oh, hello, Pinkie! I was just reorganizing the library. Please come in!" Pinkie walked in with a spring in her step and I followed behind her, out of curiosity.

"Oh, hello! My name is Twilight Sparkle-"

Pinkie interrupted with a loud, excited whisper. "SHE'S AN ALICORN PRINCESS!!!"

Twilight laughed a little. “It’s not that big a deal, Pinkie. So what's your name?"

I smiled a little and nodded my head out of respect for her being a princess. "My name's James."

"James? That’s an interesting name."

Pinkie and Twilight exchanged looks of confusion.

"Yeah, I don’t think I’ve heard of a name like that before..."

Was my name really that odd? I didn't think it was strange until now.

"O-oh... I see..."

Twilight looked over to see my head lower a little in sadness. ”... Hey, James, don't feel bad about it. Your name is just part of what makes you unique, you should feel proud of it!"

Pinkie nodded her head with incredible speed and smiled wide. "Yeah! It’s what makes you, YOU!"

I looked up and smiled a little, feeling better about the girls' support for me. I was basically a stranger to them, but they still cared that much about me, it was an amazing experience! "Thank you, both... that really helped...!"

Twilight nodded and looked at pinkie. "Well, on another note, I have a lot more to do with these books, and I could really use an extra set of hooves. Can you both take the time to help me out?"

"Sure, twilight!" Pinkie immediately hopped up high and landed in a pile of books and scrolls, as if it were a pool of water. I laughed and nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I can help!"

I smiled and walked over to a pile. I started messing with the pile with my hooves, trying to pick up any books I could, but with no success, only succeeding in making me fall over a lot. Pinkie and Twilight look at each other and Pinkie started whispering. "If he's a unicorn, why isn't he using his magic?"

"I don’t know. It's as if he doesn't know anything about his magic at all!"

I suddenly stopped messing with the pile and found a light blue book with a horseshoe design on it. I starred at it, remembering that I saw it before, somewhere. I suddenly gasped as I realized it was identical to the book Vinyl Scratch was holding when I was at school! I immediately reached forward and bit the book, since that was the best way I could grab it. When Twilight realized what book I grabbed she gasped and ran toward me. "NO! Not that book!"

Pinkie shrugged and laid back, doing the backstroke in the pile of books.

"This is a Canterlot high yearbook?!"

I set it down and clumsily opened it up, but Twilight used her magic to lift it up and get it away from me. But then she suddenly processed what I just said and widened her eyes. "Y-you know about Canterlot high?!"

I nodded "I went to that school... at least, that is, until I wound up here."

"What?! That means you were-"

“Yeah. Two arms, two legs, all ten fingers and everything."

"B-but how did you wind up in Equestria?!"

"Equestria? That’s what this place is called?"

"Yes, this is the magical land of Equestria, where unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies live in peace and harmony."

"Wow, this world it a lot different from what I now. I was bullied for being new, and last I remember, I was backed into the statue out in the court yard by some bullies. I fell through the statue suddenly and woke up here in Equestria. I guess I got extremely lucky at that moment."

"So you don't know anything about magic?"

I looked down at the yearbook and started flipping through the pages, clumsily with my hooves. "No, nothing at all."

"Well, my special talent is magic, so I can teach you everything you would need to know!"

She used her magic to bring a few books about magic over to us. "I used these books to learn magic when I was just a filly, so-"

"Is this you?"

She looked down to see that the yearbook is open to a picture of her, Apple Jack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity. She smiled and nodded. "Yes, and those are my friends."

"Yeah, they're my friends, too. Equestria is nothing like my home, but..."

"It’s almost the same as the other world at the same time, isn't it?"

I nodded "Yeah... Strange, but familiar at the same time… Well, let's get started with my lessons, right away!"

I smiled and Twilight opened the first book. "Here’s the most important step in performing magic. You need to focus on your horn and whatever your desired action is. The horn channels your magic to whatever you want to manipulate, causing telekinesis. So, let's start with a little practice! Try picking up a book!"

I nodded and took a deep breath. Then looked at the yearbook and stared at it. I took a deep breath and started to focus my thoughts. Nothing happened at first, but then I saw the book begin to lift off of the floor! It was amazing to know I was causing this to happen, but when I started to think about the excitement, the book fell onto the floor. “I-I did that!?"

Twilight smiled and giggled a little.

"Yes you did, but you have a lot more to learn! Welcome to Equesria, my student!" And with that, Twilight gave me a crash course on simple magic tricks that I needed if I was going to exist as a unicorn here in Equestria.

Author's Note:

MAGIC!