• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 5,466 Views, 47 Comments

Transformers: Harmony and Chaos - zentradiplus



Discord invades Earth. It's up to Twilight Sparkle and the Autobots to stop him.

  • ...
14
 47
 5,466

Chapter 11: Redemption

The possessed Shockwave begins to walk menacingly towards Megatron. The Lord of the Decepticons raises his cannon at Discord.

"Release Shockwave this instant you Imp!" Megatron demanded.

"Or what? You'll shoot me? Or rather, you'll shoot Shockwave.?" Discord taunted.

"So be it..." Megatron muttered.

He fires a blast at Discord, who dodges, and fires his own shots with Shockwave's arm cannon at Megatron.

Megatron jumps out of the way in the knick of time, as Discord begins hopping and materializes giant boxing gloves on Shockwave's hands.

"Shall we settle this Mano-a-Mano?" Discord asked as he raises Shockwave's hands in the air. like a boxer would.

"What in blazes are you doing?" Megatron said as he looked on, puzzled. "You dare to mock me again?"

"Marquis of Queensberry Rules?" Discord taunted Megatron.

He bounces around in circles around the Decepticon Leader like a boxer would.

"Fisticuffs, pugilism, the manly art of self-defense. Isn't it wonderfully barbaric? Go on. Take a poke at me. That is what you want to do, isn't it?" Discord said as he began throwing punches at Megatron.

"Enough with your nonsense, and this foolishness." Megatron angrily yelled, as he begins to throw his own punches at Discord.

The two villains strike at each other repeatedly, until Megatron delivers an uppercut that knocks Discord on the ground.

Megatron then approches him, and aims his cannon at Discord.

"So now what Mighty Megatron? Are you going to terminate me?"

Then the unthinkable happened. Megatron begins to lower his weapon, as if he was hesitant to fire.

"I....I....can't..." He replied.

"What is this?" Discord asked slightly puzzled.

"If it were any other Decepticon you possessed, I would not hesitate to open fire and exstinguish your life. But Shockwave..." Megatron begain to say, "Shockwave has always been loyal to me. He followed every one of my orders with out question, no matter how dangerous, or how absurd the others found it. He has always been reliable, and never failed me. A rare trait in most Decepticons. He's the closest thing you would say... to being a friend almost. I...... CAN'T TERMINATE HIM!"

Discord looks on in amusement.

"Oh, pfft! Gag, again with the friendship!" Discord scoffed. "You disappoint me greatly Megatron."

Discord gets back on his feet, then the gloves disappear in a bright flash, leaving the usual normal right hand, and Shockwave's blaster for his left.



Meanwhile near the outskirts of New York.......


Orion Pax continues to drive for an untold amount of time. He finally stops, and transforms back into his robot mode.
Not too far behind him, he sees six multi colored ponies following him.

"Hey, it's those funny looking organics again." He says to himself. "Why were they following me?"

Twilight Sparkle finally catches up to him. "OPTIMUS!"

"Hey there. Whatcha' up to?" Orion asked the unicron.

"You have to go back, you have to come with us. Discord will run rampant across countless worlds if you don't stop him." She explained.

"I don't know what I can do. I'm no soldier or hero." He said to the pony, "I'm just a regular worker. I load docks, and do manual labor. I don't know how to fight."

"That's where you're wrong. You are the greatest leader the Autobots that at least I've ever known. You've helped save this world countless times. You even risked your own life to save my world. Don't you remember helping us take down Queen Chrysalis?" Twilight tried to jog his memories.

"Sorry there kid, I think you got the wrong bot. And like I said, I'm Orion Pax. I don't know who this Optimus guy is."

"Oh but you must remember." Fluttershy said, "You promised you would protect us, and you should never break a promise. Losing a friend's trust, is the fastest way to lose a friend."

"FOREVER!" Pinkie Pie chimed in.

"it's no use sugarcube. Ah'm afraid he's a few stalks short of a bushel." Applejack said to Twilight.

"NO! I'm not giving up on him. He never gave up on us!" Twilight said back to the cowmare.

"Please, let this work." Twilight said as her horn began to glow.

"Rainbow, give me a lift." She called to the cyan pegasus.

"You got it." Rainbow replied, as she lifts Twilight up, and places her on Orion's shoulder.

Twilight then touches her horn on Orion's forehead in attempt to use the memory spell to restore him. But to no avail.

"It.... didn't work." She said disappointed. "Why didn't it work?"

"Well, Twilight my dear, perhaps it's like what Discord said before," Rarity interjected. "His power is far greater than before, which was the reason the Elements failed earlier. I fear this may be for the same reason."

Twilight, now in tears, felt completely helpless. She felt like she let everypony down, and worse, she felt completely helpless to restore Optimus Prime to his former glory.

Then suddenly, they see a giant rocket fly towards them. It was Omega Supreme. He then lands, and some people come out of him. It was Carly, Spike Witwicky, and the dragon Spike.

"Carly, looks like Discord's gotten to Optimus too." Spike WItwicky called out. "Good thing Wheeljack gave this to us before he left."

Spike W motions to Omega, as he pulls out a large metal cube about the size of half a human.

He then hands it to Spike Witwicky.

"Hey Spikey, give me a hand with this." He calls for the young dragon.

Both Spikes carry the cube over and place it in front of Orion Pax.

"I sure hope this works." Carly said.

"What's going on? What is that thing?" Rainbow Dash asked as the other ponies look on.

"This baby here, is a Holocube Journal." Spike W explained. "It's a journal that Optimus kept during his whole time while he was here on Earth. It cotains everything that Optimus ever recorded. Hopefully this will restore his memories."

"That's not my Holocube. Why did you bring that to me?" Orion asked the humans.

"Because you need to see this. You're Optimus Prime, the greatest leader Cybertron has, as well as the greatest hero to come to Earth." Carly said, as she pushes the button on top of the cube.

From there, holographic images begin playing.

First images was when Prime first rescued Spike and Sparkplug from an oil rig when they first met. He cleared away falling debris, and rescued the humans from drowning.

The next was how Cybertron was brought into Earth's orbit when Doctor Arckeville used the Decepticons spacebridge, and how Optimus blew up Megatron's Energon ship to knock Cybertron out of Earth's trajectory to save both planets.

The next was when Optimus destroyed a giant sun needle when Megatron was harvesting Energy from Earth's Sun, nearly causing it to go Supernova. By destroying the device, the sun's energy returns to normal.

"Hey, that's.... Me doing all that hero stuff." Orion says.

Twilight and the ponies observe the Holocube's contents. They are awed at the many heroic feats of Optimus Prime. From when he stopped a giant drill from penetrating the Earth's core, to when he saved Washington D.C. from a combined invasion of Decepticons, and Atlanteans. Twilight Sparkle had already respected the Autobot leader like a second mentor next to Celestia, but these images of his heroic feats made her feel more connected to him, seeing his selfessness.

The other ponies, also began to feel a great amount of respect for the bot. Seeing how he would give up his own life to save others. To see him corrupted in this state, was heartbreaking. The ponies begin forming tears in their eyes.

"I think I remember some of this.....Yeah..... " Orion said. Then his color began to return to him.

"Yes, it's working!" Twilight said in excitement.

"OMEGA SUPREME, ANTICIPATED! HOLOCUBE JOURNAL ACHIEVED OBJECTIVE!" Omega said, as he suddenly collapses.

"OMEGA!" The ponies, dragon, and humans call out in concern.

"OMEGA SUPREME, ENERGON LEVELS COMPLETELY DRAINED, MUST ENTER STASIS LOCK!" And with that, Omega Supreme loses conciousness.

"He'll be ok." Spike Witwicky explained. "Let him complete his stasis cycle. Then we can refuel him."

Everyone then turns their attention back to Orion, who now has his colors fully restored.

"My Name, is Optimus Prime. I am the leader of the Autobots, and protector of the peace!" He says in his normal, deeper sounding stern voice.

"Optimus you're back to normal!" Twilight shouts as she teleports herself onto his shoulder, then hugs the side of his face.

"Yes Twilight, you and the others never gave up on me. For that I owe you my spark. You all have proven yourselves to be true and loyal friends. With this determination, we will never falter. Now, let us roll out, and stop Discord once and for all."

Everyone gives a big cheer, as Optimus transforms. He pulls up his trailer section as the ponies and dragon hop in, while the two humans climb into the driver's and passenger seat.

He then drives back to New York City.


Back in the Chaos Capital......



The possessed Shockwave begins to shoot at Megatron who tries to dodge the blasts, but is slowly faltering.

"Come now Megatron. I thought you were ruthless, cold, merciless. You're a conqueror of worlds. Destroyer of cities, and the lives you ended. Don't tell me this single automaton is preventing you from finishing your goal of terminating me." Discord taunted.

"I..... I will remove you from Shockwave, then I will make you pay!" Megatron threatened.

"You disappoint me greatly." Discord now said, with a bored attitude.

Megatron charges at him, only for Discord to trip him, and blast him in the back.

Megatron falls to the ground, injured.

"Such a shame, and you had such potential for my entertainment."

With that, Discord materializes a sword, with a glowing purple energy blade. Then he approches Megatron.

"It's a shame too. But all good things must come to an end. Farewell Oh Mighty Megatron. It's been fun."

He raises the sword, and is about to decapitate the Decepticon leader when a loud voice booms out from behind them.

"Discord! I have seen through your ruse, and will tolerate your treachery and deceit no more!"

It was Optimus, with the ponies, and the humans and dragon behind him.

"So, I see you're back to your old boring self." Discord said to the Autobot leader.

"Well...let's hear it! The speech about believing in your friends or trusting people around you or whatever it is you think can beat me."

Optimus raised his fist. "Speech this."

He shot his fist forward, slamming into Discord's face with such intensity that Discord's snaggletooth ejected from his gums and landed on the ground next to him.

Discord then rubs his bloody snout.

"YOU HIT ME! Celestia never hit me!" Discord complained.

"I am NOT Celestia." Optimus said in an almost emotionless voice.

"Oh... So THAT'S how it's going to be....."

Discord's head disappears in a flash, and is replaced by Shockwave's normal head. Then a pink cloud of mist exits Shockwave's body. As soon as it clears him, Shockwave falls to the ground unconcious.

The mist rematerializes into Discord's original form. Then he begins to grow, until he's about the same size as Optimus.

He then charges at the Autobot Leader, and unleashes a flurry of blows. Optimus fights back, as the two titans go toe to toe with each other.

Discord lands a hit on Optimus's mid section which causes the Autobot to take several steps back.

"Congratulations Optimus Prime. You're the first being to push my limits this far in a thousand years." Discord said clearly angered.

Optimus then charges forward, and unleashes a barrage of punches upon him, intent on keeping the Draconequus from catching his breath.

"Yah! Rrrt! Nyaaa!" Optimus yelled as he punched Discord in the cheek, stomach and face.

Discord eventually managed to snap his talon and teleport a distance away from Optimus, but Megatron recovered, got up and grabbed him by the back and proceded to brutally tear off the patch of flesh Discord's wings were attached, earning a howl of pain from the chimera. Megatron then pounded him in the same patch, with Optimus charging up and uppercutting him at the same time. Discord huffed and puffed from the furious smackdown he was reciveing.

Megatron and Optimus then walked over to opposite sides of the Draconequus, and raised their axe/mace. The two Leaders jumped and twirled around, spinning their blades over Discord's head. Megatron's mace reducing Discord's antler to a stub, Optimus' axe reducing his horn to the same.

"YAAAAAAH!" Discord protested. His eagle-claw shone with magic power. He attempted to touch Optimus with, but the Autobot grabbed it by the wrist and proceded to bend it backwards.

Discord's eyes widened at the forceful manipulation his limb. "No. No. What are you doing? No. NOOOOOOOOO!"

Optimus uses Discord's own magic against him. And he begins to shrink.

"NOW TWILIGHT! YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS MUST ACTIVATE THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY!" Optimus calls to the ponies.

"With pleasure!" Twilight responds as she and the girls begin glowing.

Once again, a swirling rainbow beam shoots from the elements, and engulfs Discord.

Optimus opens his chest compartment, and pulls out the Matrix.

"Matrix of Leadership, great wisdom of the ages, I call upon your power. May the collective knowledge of Cybertron's past, present, and future....... LIGHT OUR DARKEST HOUR!"

A beam of light then charges up from the center orb of the Matrix, and shoots out, also hitting Discord along with the Element's rainbow beam.

(You got the touch
You got the power.....Yeah!

After all is said and done
You've never walked, you've never run,
You're a winner

You got the moves, you know the streets
Break the rules, take the heat
You're nobody's fool

You're at your best when when the goin' gets rough
You've been put to the test, but it's never enough

You got the touch
You got the power

When all hell's breakin' loose
You'll be riding the eye of the storm

You got the heart
You got the motion

You know that when things get too tough
You got the touch)

Discord's body begins to stiffen, then petrify. Slowly, inch by inch, he begins to turn into stone.

"NOOOOOOOOO!" He bellows out one last time.

Then he is completely solid. His stone form falls over sideways on the ground.

The Elements of Harmony and The Matrix of Leadership stop their beams, and return to normal.
The ponies stop glowing, as Optimus places the Matrix back inside of his chest, and closes his compartment.

The ponies, humans, and dragon all give a loud cheer, as the nightmare was finally over.

Megatron suddenly raises his cannon at Optimus.

"So Prime, it looks like Discord has been dealt with. Now, our truce is over."

"I knew you would double cross us as soon as it became an advantage to you." Twilight scolded.

Megatron attempts to fire, but his cannon fizzles out. He had depleted all of his energon.

"Curses! Another day then Prime." Megatron then picks up the unconsious Shockwave and flies back over the city in retreat.

The area surrounding them then begins to change. The pink cotton candy clouds disapper, replaced with normal clouds. The Chaos Citadel flashes away, replaced by the Empire State Building. All the strange weather patterns cease, and all around the city, Autobots and Decepticons regain their colors, and their original personalities, as well as the humans all around the world. The throne made of Autobots, also disappears in a flash, and in one last flash of light, all four Autobots, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Ironhide, and Bumblebee are restored to their normal forms.
The snowglobe cracks open, and the Dinobots are restored to their original sizes.

The Decepticons all around the city, seeing Megatron fly off, all follow him. They take off and retreat into the horizon, back to the Decepticon base.