• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 4,418 Views, 35 Comments

Always Looking - EmberGryphon

  • ...
2
 35
 4,418

Sunshine

The Sun Shined. It Always Shined.

Her eyes opened. Full and fresh. A large smile formed across the small equines face. She grinned like she could never stop. Her night had been wonderful, she was greeted in the night by such sweet, bliss filled dreams. Ones like she had never had before, ones of lilac, and of sweet songbirds chirping in the trees. Ones of magnificent lights, and of gentle streams on a warm summers day. But most of all she dreamt of bells, large, and shining. They rang out in jubilee, crowning a white day, where smiles abounded around her, none of them knowing her, all except one. His.

Her eyes were exuberant, as they paced from place to place, hiding her few belongings into her knapsack underneath her makeshift home. She peaked around until taking a new form, one of a older stallion, who loved to garden, whom had shooed her off of royals property more then one occasion. She passed multitudes of people whom had been enjoying the same break of cold that she had only complained about days earlier. The market was full of all sorts of ponies. Each going about their equally distant lives, not caring an ounce for one another, greedily making it from day to day. So many easy targets to prey on. She hadn't the need to feed. She was still full from the day prior.

She was looking for him. She knew it wouldn't be all that easy to find him. After all, Canterlot was the largest city in the area, right next to Cloudsdale, a city for exclusively Pegasi, and the small but growing Earth Pony founded village of Ponyville. It wouldn't be easy to find him in the big city. She couldn't stop smiling. She was going to find him. Admire him. Long for him.

She really hadn't thought about how or what she was going to do if he would notice her again.

Then again. She didn't care.

The mare turned the corner around a up and coming doughnut shop that had been set up close to where she had met the handsome colt. She peered inside to notice a young but gruff stallion wearing a name tag that bluntly displayed his name, working alone in the busy bakery. Chrysalis' eyes darted about, looking for any trace of the colt. No luck. She choked down a healthy bit of nervousness and poked inside of the eatery.

She was out of place. She never was to used to being in enclosed buildings. She trotted over to the gruff male and examined him a bit more. Her gut instincts told her that this person would know him. He had to. With a tiny little crack her voice met his ears, "H-Have you seen a colt named..." The words halted. She had forgotten her facade, she deepened her feminine voice, "Shining Armor?"

The chef brightened up, "Oh but of course!" The pony with an eight O'clock shadow bellowed. "He was actually here earlier!" Chrysalis couldn't believe her luck! Of all the places she could have started she already had quite the lead on her hooves. "Sadly," the stallion grunted, "I ain't to sure where he headed off to." She looked down, she had gotten ahead of herself.

"Do you have any idea where he may have gone?" The Changeling rebutted.

"Well, I do know that he has a sister, she was in here earlier with him." He spun around fixing inventory on the main shelf behind him. The man began humming a tune. A slightly obnoxious tune at that. "Consarn it... I can' t get that dumb song out of my head!" He shook it back and forth. "That little filly wouldn't stop singing to her brother!" Chrysalis was intrigued now. What could it be? A clue to finding her Shining Armor?

"Oh?" She smirked, "Could it help me find that boy?"

"I dunno, she always said somepony named Cadence would always sing it with her." He bonked his head yet again, trying to force the song out of his memory. "Sunshine, Sunshine..." He frowned knowing the jingle wasn't coming out anytime soon.

"Perhaps they were meeting this Cadence?" Chrysalis inquired, grabbing a bit of doughnut off of the counter, and putting it into her mouth, chewing a few times before realizing what she was eating.

"Y-yeah!" He grinned. "That might just be right," The baking pony barked, pulling some fresh pastries from the oven. "I'd check over at Canterlot Park. They usually head there after eating anyway." The statement irritated Chrysalis. That was the entire reason she had asked. Why couldn't the foolish horse just answer him that!? Her mood was worsening in the store, and she had to be on her best behavior for her Shining Armor.

She scurried out, spitting the rest of the doughnut out. She hated the taste of pony food.

Authors Note: Heya! Sorry that took that long. I know it isn't as long as you would hope, but not to worry! Next weeks daring installment shall blow both of these away~