• Published 19th Nov 2014
  • 474 Views, 18 Comments

Octavia's Jazz Side Episode 1: Meeting The Band - Storymage



Octavia is looking for a job so she can perform.

  • ...
 18
 474

The News (Middle Chapter)

"I must find a place for me to perform at I'm getting short on bits even know Vinyl has a job I still think I should have my own bits and job" Octavia Thought to herself as just got finished shopping for stuff they needed.

Octavia while walking down the sidewalk of Manehattan lost in her thoughts until she hits into another pony that was walking around the corner.

"Sorry about that ma,am here let me help you" a brown stallion said picking up some of her groceries.

"Here let me help you" the brown stallion said putting her hoof it.

"Thank you" Octavia said as she was helped to her hooves.

"Wait a sec are you Octavia?" The brown stallion said.

"Well just I am" Octavia said smiling a little.

"I thought so I'm Hot Joe I have heard a lot about you Ms.Harmonica" Hot Joe said putting his hoof out.

"Just Octavia and where have you heard about me?" Octavia asked shaking his hoof.

"From Vinyl my dear lets walk and talk" Hot Joe said as he started to walk off, Octavia walking close behind.

"I have been looking for a bass player and Vinyl said you know how to play one" Hot Joe said.

"Well that's true I mostly play the cello but I do play the bass time and time again" Octavia said.

"Well that's good let me hear how you play and then I'll decide if your up for the Job or not" Hot Joe said.

"Just let me drop off my stuff" Octavia said.

After Octavia dropped her stuff off her and Hot Joe went to his studio.

"Alright let me hear you play a jazzy kind of tone" Hot Joe said.

"Jazzy?" Octavia asked gulped.

Yes Jazzy Hot Joe answered.

"I have tired to play jazz before and succeeded lets try this thing" Octavia thought to herself.

-One Jazzy tone later!-

"Nice very nice" Hot Joe said clapping his hooves.

Octavia smiled put her bass down and sat at the table with Hot Joe.

"Alright now you will be performing with a group they call themselves "The Feathers" the are a new kinda of band they only performed once because there Sax player and Old bass player got in to a fight about something so I have been looking for a another bass player and I found you so what do you say?" Hot Joe said.

"Well how will I be payed?" Octavia asked worried that she may of asked to soon.

"Well you get payed after every performance and the amount is 200 bits every for performance" Hot Joe said.

"To splat between the ponies in the band/group right?" Octavia asked.

"No 200 per band/group member" Hot Joe said.

Octavia smiled and said I'll do it.

"Great! Sign here,here,here and here" Hot Joe said using his's magic to put hold up the clipboard.

Octavia signs all the spots.

"Good see you tomorrow for the first practice" Hot Joe said.

"Alright" Octavia said.

Octavia packed her bass and put on her back and was about to leave before Hot Joe stopped her.

"You almost forgot this" Hot Joe said putting his hoof out which had a little big of bits in it.

"That's not mine" Octavia said.

"Oh yes it is on my clients get one after they sign to steel the deal" Hot Joe said giving the bag to her.

"Well thank you I'll see you tomorrow" Octavia said running out of the studio.

"Bye be here at 9:30 AM" Hot Joe said as she left out the building.

"Alright I will Bye" Octavia said as the doors closed behind her.

"YES I GOT A BASS PLAYER! Oh my I must go tell the band we are back in business" Hot Joe said.

-Later on back with Octavia-

-Knock knock-

"Vinyl dear are you there?" Octavia asked as she knocked on the door.

No one answered her call.

-click-

"Vinyl must be out tonight" Octavia thought as she opened the front door.

"Hmm? Whats this?" Octavia asked herself as she got a note off of the door to there room.

-Note-

"Hey Octy sorry I'm not there had a gig to do tonight."

NIGHT!

-Note Ending-

"Oh Vinyl" Octavia said as she put the note down and got ready for tomorrow.

Octavia stayed up most of the night writing stuff down and getting ready only to fall a sleep when she was at the desk.