• Published 14th Nov 2014
  • 3,261 Views, 280 Comments

Rainbow Sentai Harmonyranger - Xero Key

  • ...
3
 280
 3,261

Daymares and Dreamscapes

(I do not own Power Rangers, Equestria Girls, or the original characters, only the plot. They belong to Saban/Toei, Hasbro ltd., and GIGA-XISBASS. Please support the official release.)

Daymares and Dreamscapes: by Xero Key

It was a long, white hallway filled with blank doors every few feet. She was running, but didn’t know why. Whenever she turned her head behind her, she was filled with immeasurable terror, and fled forward more along the unending hall. She knocked on, rattled, shook, and slammed against the doors. ‘Help Me! Help’ she cried, but there was no answer. The lights above buzzed and flickered before...darkness. A scream.

“AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaagggghhhh!” Twilight cried with a jerk.

“Dr. Sparkle, is MacBeth truly so terrifying?” The literature teacher at the front of the room asked. “Or does being an assistant teacher make you feel as though you can disrupt whenever there isn’t a crisis? As I was saying, Historically MacBeth has been portrayed as…”

Twilight looked around confused, before her eyes began to close again. She shook her head to stay awake, as her friends looked on in worry, and exhaustion.

Power Rangers

Later that day in the command center, Twilight was inside an MRI machine scanning her brain.

“First off: Where did we get the that? Second: why are we using it?” Sunset asked.

“I’ve been barely able to sleep, that’s not normal.” Twilight said over a speaker.

“You sleep? I thought that was attempting information osmosis from books.” Vinyl snarked.

“Ha ha ha...but seriously I don’t get Nightmares, Daymares...whatever their called. Me screaming randomly because I had a bad dream, that can’t be good.”

“So our equipment has to be used?” Sunset questioned.

“Well, we had it.”

“Once more, why?”

An alert like a phone came across the center computers as Twilight exited the scanning room. Monarch put on a headset to answer. “Power Rangers Emergency Hotline, this Monarch, what seems to be the issue?” The other Rangers gathered around curious as very few use the hotline. “Mass Necrolepsy? Screaming coma patients? Yes sir, the Rangers will be there soon.”

“Bad dreams aren’t a problem huh?” Twilgiht said with her arms crossed. Sunset only glared back as she and the other Rangers got into their jeep and drove out of the cave.

In The Nightmare Castle, Scorpidark peers into the scrying pool. “Well well well, it seems the Rangers are now on my tail. Boo hoo hoo...for them.” He summoned his lance, which took the appearance of a scorpion stinger, and held it high. “Unfortunately that means they get the Sting!”

Twilight rushed into the hospital, her lab coat flowing behind her. “The Rangers! Where are they!?” she interrogated the nurse at the front desk, who directed her to the ICU. When Twilight got there, she found her friends lined up along a single wall, heart monitors beeping steadily, but slowly.

One of the observing doctors came over. “Dr. Twilight Sparkle correct? I’m Dr. Roberts, I’m the primary physician for this plague.”

“Plague?”

“I was brought in from New York a few days ago when an entire Cub Scout fell unconscious at the same time...my specialty is sleep medicine.”

“So what happened here?”

“No idea, as soon as the Rangers saw the patients, they started to scream and blacked out. We’ve been trying to wake them since.” He turned to look Twilight in the eye. “Any idea what may be the cause?”

“Just one.” She took out her phone and dialed 541.

“Pow…”

“No time for procedure Monarch, transfer me to Hexagon stat!”

Soon the entire hospital was under the control of Hexagon troops, who were setting up the Rangers’ beds in a hexagon formation, heads facing inwards, surrounding a device connected to each of them.

“This device should allow you to enter their dreams Dr. Sparkle.” The scientist said finishing checking the equipment connected to her. “Once there, you’ll have to wake them up and stop whatever is keeping these people asleep.”

“There is absolutely no evidence this is a problem that can be punched away! Nor that that device even works! Science doesn’t work like that!” One of the hospital doctors yelled.

Everyone else from the nurses to the soldiers, even the comatose rangers seemed to turn to him. Twilight spoke slowly as if to a child “Pow...Er...Ran...Gers....”

“Fair point, shutting up.”

As Twilight laid down, the nurses injected her with a sleep aid. The world became blurry, blurry, and black as she lost consciousness. She was standing in the middle of an empty city street.

“Hello?” she called, only to hear an echo. All around her were books, books and more books. Enough books to tower the sky, enough knowledge to last a thousand lifetimes. She reached down to read the title, but found her vision blurred. She checked for her glasses and could hold them in her hand, but the feeling of holding them was not there. Her head felt comfortable, cradled in something soft. Suddenly, her hand dropped her glasses and they cracked with a muffled sound.

“Time enough at last, yes?” A slithering voice said, carried on the wings of a swarm. From behind a pillar of books, Scorpidark appeared. “The Realm of Sleep is mine, as granted by my Queen. Did you really think I wouldn’t hear you knock on the door?”

He raised his staff to attack her, but was stopped by a single word. “Bark.”

The word bark, not the sound humans attribute the word to have, but like someone saying Bark. Looking down between the two was a purple dog with green ears. “Spike?” Twilight asked, while Scorpidark just staggered back in confusion.

Spike opened his mouth and, with voice similar to a young boy in a cartoon, said “BarkBark RuffRrrufff! RuffRuffBark!”

The gem on Spike’s collar began to glow, engulfing him in a bright light. His form morphed and twisted until it became human-esque. With a spin he gained a body suit and helmet. And with a pose like a bidpedal dog and howl of a wolf, he had completed morphing.

“RuffRuffBark: Bark Bark Bark!” The now human, and Power Ranger, Spike posed like a bipedal dog as purple and green smoke exploded behind him.

“I have absolutely no idea what I’m looking at.” both Twilight and Scorpidark said indepently of each other, just before Spike leapt into battle. Twilight began to hit her wrist with two fingers as she ran from the battle, ignoring all sounds of what would be battle cries but are instead onomatopoeia dog sounds, when she ran into a door. the door was in the middle of the street and connected to nothing. On a hunch, she opened it and ran through.

Ranger Spike and the entire world began to dissolve. “What!?” Scorpidark yelled as the entirety of existence seemed to fade away like tissue in the ocean. “She must have escaped!” Then he vanished as if he never was, just as the dream of the city of books.

Twilight ran down a long hallway of doors, some with names and some with symbols. She opened one with a magic wand, she recognized it as Trixie Lulamoon’s personal symbol. When she opened the door:
]Driver on

Standing on top of a building looking out at the city, was an armored warrior. They were clearly female, wearing black and purple armor that was fashioned to look like a magician's tuxedo with a red bowtie. Her left arm had a silver gauntlet, and her right arm had an odd watch/card reader like machine and a golden shield guarding it. Around her waist was a fancy silver belt with a golden five pointed star glowing in the screen in the center, and at her left side was a magic wand. Finally the warrior had a fancy helmet with silver mouth piece shaped like an actual woman's mouth with purple colored lips almost like lipstick, a dark blue head piece that looked sort of like hair, and a purple and orange opera mask over her eyes, which were yellow and large, almost like sharp bug eyes. On her head was a black top hat, and she wore a long cape that was black outside and purple inside.

He promised to help me find my mother…

There’s no way I’m giving up the chance!

The armored woman is fighting a giant bug like creature and draws a card from her belt.

Plus fighting aliens?

The woman swiped the card through a reader on her arm.
Grand Finale

I’m perfectly okay with that.

The armored woman bent down preparing to jump, and then jumped high into the air. She flipped a few times midair, and then did a flying drop kick into the monster, her foot engulfed in blue energy. she posed away from the explosion, destroying the monster.
Introducing The Great Illusionist!

Twilight slowly backed away from the dream that looked like a television commercial and closed the door gently, hoping not to let whatever insanity she just witnessed out. She came to a different symboled door, this time with a red-and-yellow sun. Opening it she went inside.

There was naught but a sea of bodies shambling forward as the world was bathed in blue-black flames. In the distance, hung from a tree, was an equine figure with wings and a horn. A majestic city crumbled from a mountain side as the moon shattered and the sun turned black. And upon the backs of the advancing horde was a throne of skeletons, bones forming a staircase to its occupant. Seated upon this grotesque regality was a red alicorn with hair of fire and wings of a demon. On her brow was a tiara with a black six-sided star. The figure was laughing, laughing in ecstasy as the world died around, but her eyes were panicked with tears streaming down her face. While she laughed, she wept. And Twilight’s eyes widened as she saw upon the flank of the joyful/agonized being, was a dual colored sun.

“This is her worst nightmare? How awful was that night to make this?” Twilight asked to herself, before she felt the Throned One turn her attention to the intruder of this dream.

“How dare you enter into my realm! Help me... You shall die! Run...hurry…

The demonic being charged to attack Twilight with her hooves, when she stopped just inches before her face, hoof shaking. “Sunset please, Listen!” The monster’s left eye changed to white and blue. “I know you regret what happened back then, how you were. But that’s not you anymore and you accepted that remember. Your past is not today!”

And with that the world began to melt as it became colorful and inviting. A golden-white city and castle rested on the side of a mountain, while a girl and a small unicorn in a black jacket looked on to the setting sun.The unicorn was then pulled into a squeezing hug by said girl.

“Oh you are so cute! I can’t believe this is what you really look like!”

“Please put me down...I’m a pony, not a plush.” Sunset said dejectedly. “And I’m not cute!” She yelled, a single yellow hoof pointing into the air. Behind the two, another door appeared, which they went through in search of answers. They came to another door, this time with the symbol of rainbow lightning from a cloud, and Sunset’s horn took on a pale blue glow, which opened the door.

The room was noisy, but quiet; practically muffled. Full of shadowed adults talking and laughing, but never looking down beyond their tall legs that stretched for eternity. “Now, now deary…” a singular female voice said. “Good little girls are seen, not heard...Go play with your dolls over there while mommy closes a deal.” The figure said, a wave of her shadowed claws glancing over the head of a child Rainbow Dash. Trapped in chains bound to a wall, her mouth gagged and her eyes in tears as she writhes in her bonds. With all her effort she tries to point to the growing fire in the room, but the adults continued to walk through it, ignoring the flames as they drew up their bodies.

“I don’t understand it, what is the fear?” Sunset asked.

“She’s trying to act in defense of others but people won’t listen or won’t let her. She’s bound by expectations and society, which is why she acts so confident and loyal.” Twilight said sadly. “She must blame herself for what happened to Gilda...If she had talked to Gilda before the police, maybe the girl wouldn’t be in a coma now.” She walked over to the child. “You can’t blame yourself. Loyalty is good, but people need to be allowed to make their own decisions.”

“I-I’m j-just t-t-tryi-ing to h-help-p!” The girl cried, her chains rattling.

“I know…” and twilight gave her a hug, the world fading to the clouds as Rainbow Dash completed the hug with her teenage arms.

When they separated, she scratched her cheek nervously. “Sorry you had to see that Twilgith, Sun…” Dash stopped and saw who she assumed was her friend and co-leader.

“Don’t. You. Dare.” The small unicorn threatened, muzzle scrunching up adorably.

“Pfffttttt Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!”

“*sigh*Can we go now?” And so they went into another dream, this door bearing three balloons.

The room was filled with laughter as Pinkie Pie spun on the stage, the wheel she was kneeling on constantly turning, turning, turning, turning. With each turn, the laughter grew and grew and grew, with the soothing chimes of a music box playing a happy song. The lights would smile and the people would clap, but there is now joy in this laughing trap. Pinkie kneels on the wheel, turning and turning and turning and turning again. With each turn the laughter grew, and the soothing chimes of a music box play a happy song.

“She’s afraid of everyone? Why?” Dash asked as the wheel turned and the crowd laughed.

“A clown tries to bring joy, even when they have none.” Sunset answered, unable to look away from the kneeling girl.

Twilight stepped forward and stopped the spinning wheel. “Pinkie, don’t sacrifice your own happiness for ours...We’re happy when you’re happy.” The room brightened as a still flat haired Pinkie looked at Twilight, tears in her eyes.

“Really?”

“We can cry together...okay?” And they did, for an eternity plus an eternity all four of them cried until they had no tears left. For those lost to us and those we will lose, they cried. When the tears were gone and the sadness expunged, they laughed and joked and reminisced in the joys life has. Pinkie’s hair became a pooky mess, which she reached into a pulled out a door. With a laugh and a giggle, they all went on to find their friends. The next to be found was behind a door adorned with diamonds.

Grey, the world is grey. The world is always only shades of grey and black, what else could they be? Buildings rise and block the sun, smog stops whatever light there is, and people are mere shadows of emotion walking in the gloom. Rarity stands in the middle of the street dressed in rags, trying to give away the clothes off her back to all she sees, but she is shoved aside, pushed to the ground, and her offerings stomped on. The world is only grey, becoming black. What is the point of color anyway?

“She’s trying to make them happy, just like I do.” Pinkie said, her hair still flat.

“She makes clothes and gives so much of herself, just so the world looks better for everyone.” Twilight said going over to Rarity.

“Why won’t they buy them Twilight, is my work worthless?”

“Is that why you make them? So you can have worth?”

The fashionista looked up sharply, and then became contemplative. “Well...yes and no. I do want to be recognized, but it really matters that other people look good because of me, not because I want them too.” With a smile and a flip of her hair, the world became a fashion show stage with a door at the end. “Afterall, life is a Runway darling.” And so Rarity strutted down the aisle and out the door, her friends close behind. They come to another door, this one with butterflies in flight.

The halls are endless, the shadows are deep. What is the point of staying in this keep? Safe and warm, from all the terror...that is what mother says. Monsters and plagues and horrific things, that is what mother says. ‘The sunlight will burn you, the air will choke you. The people will hurt you, and the world will ignore you. Listen to mother, stay safe in here, you’ll never have to worry again.’ ‘But mother’ you cry. ‘They need me out there. Or they will burn, and choke, and be hurt and ignored. I can’t stay here safe and warm, when others who I could warn!’ But mother never listens, she knows best she says. And alone you are left, with the shadows instead.

“Fluttershy...you can’t worry about us forever.” Twilight said.

“But someone will, but I can’t help.”

“Hey, Shy. I know how you feel. But we can’t just let our fears rule us...either to help or to hinder.” Dash said coming up to the mass of covers hidden in the dark. She wrapped her arm around it as she sat down. “I ain’t movin’ until you’re ready.”

Slowly but surely, a head popped out of the cocoon. Then arms and torso and legs. The friends hugged and smiled (and Sunset squeaked like a toy, getting a laugh from everyone) before they all left through a door with an apple tree.

Two gunshots ring out, and a hat floats into the water. A young blonde in pigtails cries onto two graves as the hat goes by her feet. Two gunshots ring out as an older blonde wearing the hat cries over four graves. Gunshots ring out, and the woman cries in a cemetery. A gunshot rings out, and the rain cries for the girl.Two gunshots ring out, and a hat floats into the water. A young blonde in pigtails cries onto two graves as the hat goes by her feet.

“She’s trapped in a cycle, isn’t she?” Rarity asked without asking.

“No I’m not...I know this aint real…” The woman among the graves said. “I just can’t lose no more...no more.” She held up her hand, the silver grasped within it dulled red. “No more…” She tossed it down and stood up and put on the hat, her black clothes becoming green. “I’m done dreamin’...Time to wake up.”

As they all exited, the world between dreams was no longer a hall, but a tower. A tower of circling doors stretching up into infinity. “Welcome Rangers...to your doom!” Scorpidark’s voice rang out from above.

“Kinda cliche don’t you think?” Sunset said, waving a hoof dismissively.

“I don’t need critiques from a plush toy!”

“Seriously? Uh...Let’s get him girls. It’s Morphin’ Time!

A red light pulsed out of Rainbow’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-red glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was a thunderstorm and lighting stuck each of her limbs as she punched and kicked, creating her uniform. A final bolt struck her head at the same time a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. Streaks of electricity jolted between her fingers as she posed as she had just finished a guitar solo.

A yellow light pulsed from Fluttershy’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-yellow glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was a field of flowers and petals landed on each of her limbs as she spun around. A final burst of petals encircled her head as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. Flower petals flew about her as she posed similar to a ballerina.

A green light pulsed from Applejack’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-green glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind was a desert canyon and rocks and pebbles landed on her limbs as she stomped and punched. A boulder landed on her head as a loud neigh was heard. With a final stomp, she posed in a boxing stance.

A blue light pulsed from Rarity’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-blue glow, leaving her head exposed. Appearing behind her was an expansive ocean and streams of water struck her limbs as she danced over the surface. A wave of water crashed into her head as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. A ripple pulsed from beneath her as she posed like a dancer awaiting applause.

A pink light pulsed from Pinkie’s Morpher as her body was covered in a white-pink glow, leaving her head and over the top smile exposed. Appearing behind her was the tops of clouds in which she cartwheeled a bounced around, causing tufts to fly off her and create her uniform. She stuck her head in a cloud and pulled it out as a loud neigh was heard, causing her helmet to appear. She then posed with her hands stretched out as if saying ‘don’t talk to me’ to two people.

The orange-gold streaks on Sunset’s Morpher glowed, engulfing Sunset in fiery light. Sunset began to float and spin as her body took on a dark-purple body suit, with golden light forming wristbands, boots, finger plating, and her breast plate. Opening her eyes sharply, Sunset’s head was covered by a gold helmet, the sound of a horse neighing echoing. She landed on a cliff above a ocean at sunset as waves crash behind her.

All of the Rangers took their usual poses, except for Sunset who’s uniform had been adjusted to fit a pony, so attempting to stand on two legs caused her to fall backwards as the usual smoke cloud explosion happened behind her. “Oh come on!” The Rangers attacked Scorpidark and sent him flying into the air with a five-man rising kick. Sunset used her magic to levitate her sword into a spin and sent it flying “Finishing Move! Twilight, throw me!” The girl took Sunset into her arms and threw her like a football upwards to Scorpidark. The spinning sword became two, holding him in the air in a cross shape. The gem on Sunset’s helmet became a horn, which became a large drill, and all the Rangers fired their blasters at her, making her a rainbow powered rocket-drill. Sunset flew right through Scorpidark, causing him to explode, and landed perpendicular to the ground, on the wall. Her sword flew back into her hilt with a click, which caused the explosion to explode.

In the real world, the people began to awake from their comas, the Rangers included. However the sounds of giant footsteps leads the Rangers to morph once again and form the Hexagon Megazord. The six-armed metal titan faces down the giant Scorpidark, who has shed all semblance of human qualities, now looking like scorpion that stands on two legs. He charges, but the Rangers deftly dodge out of the way. After a few swift punches, Sunset sets up her Solar Bomb, while Twilight prays from a distance. This prayer causes the miniature sun to take on a purple hue and instead of just launching the sphere at the enemy, the Megazord fires a purple beam that encompasses Scorpidark and destroys him.

In the Nightmare Castle, the Sirens look on in worry. Turning to their master, Adagio is quick to cover them from any wrongdoing. “My Queen, Scorpidark did act without you permission, perhaps it is best that he is destroyed?” Nightmare didn’t listen, merely patted the rock retrieved from the mines, it’s purple vein pulsing.

As she looked away from the scrying pool and to the stone she smiled. “And that makes six.”

Author's Note:

Alright done, thankfully I didn't lose anything when we were hacked...I've just been busy. But no, sadly I am not doing a Kamen Rider spin off...SapphireLibra3 is! That's right, may series has a spin off and is going EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!!