• Published 14th Nov 2014
  • 3,255 Views, 280 Comments

Rainbow Sentai Harmonyranger - Xero Key

  • ...
3
 280
 3,255

Sacrifice

Sacrifice: by Xero Key

“This is True Talk! With Blunt Fact!” The camera pans in on a news desk. The man at it wears a suit and glares at the camera.

“Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, I’m Blunt Fact and we have a problem!” An image of the Rainbooms in concert slides on screen. “Teenage superheroes! We are letting little girls deal with the problems our military should be dealing with!” The Audience boos and Blunt tries to calm them down with his hands. “Now now, let’s not jump down their throats. I’ll give them a chance to prove they aren’t just wasting our time!” Blunt turns to face the camera as it zooms in on his face. “Okay ‘Rangers’. I’ll be in Canterlot City in a week with a camera. Prove you aren’t just publicity hogs and…” The image pauses before he can say another word.

In the command center, Sunset stands up from her computer that was playing the Television show, displayed on the main viewer. “Well he was particularly nasty, wasn’t he? How can a man be allowed to say such rude things on television?” Rarity asked.

“Check the watermark.” Sunset said pointing at the main viewer.

Rarity did so and saw a lock with a stylized letter L in it. “Oh, Lock Network. Well now everything makes sense.” She said pinching her nose. “We can’t let him follow us around can we?”

Sunset sighed. “He’s annoying but has a following, including friends in Congress and the Army. If we don’t pacify him we may end up drafted.” She shrugged. “Besides, he can’t be stupid enough to put himself in danger with just to harass us. What could possibly go wrong?” A large explosion came from behind the nearby curtain as smoke billowed out from the Tree room. Vinyl came out coughing.

“Wow. Power generators and magic crystals. Don’t mix them together.”

Power Rangers

”In Canterlot, it’s True Talk with Blunt Fact!”

“Ladies and gentleman, this is Blunt Fact.” A camera moves about in first person. “My head cam will allow me to follow the Rangers around and prove how much of a menace they truly are!” The camera moved to face Canterlot High. “In here the so called ‘heroes’ put lives in danger every day! Let’s see how their fellow students feel about it!”

A girl in pink, expensive clothes sits in front of screen with the True Talk logo. She isn’t paying much attention, focusing on her phone.

“Miss, how well do you know the Rangers?”

“Eh, they’re a grade above me. But I see them around.”

“Do you ever interact with them?”

The girl looks up from her phone with an eyebrow raised. She puts her phone in her lap and looks directly at the camera. “I’ve tried not too since they took in Sunset Shimmer. She used to own this school. Students, teachers, I hear even the School Board. The Queen B may seem kind, but she made the Rangers, do you think she’s let go of that kind of power?”

The camera focused on Rarity. “Blue Ranger! Over Here!” Rarity looks over at the camera and face palms. “Blunt Fact, let’s True Talk. How much damage do you and your teammates do to the city every day?”

“Seriously?” Rarity asked, face still in her hand. “That’s how you are going to start? Did you even get a journalism degree or was it mail order?”

“Don’t patronize me. I’m here for the Truth, so Talk!”

“When did my life become this?” Rarity pinched her nose ad looked straight into the camera. “If you are going to come along with any mission, you follow my orders.” The camera moved in way to suggest Blunt took a breath to speak. “No I don’t want to hear it. You are right in what we do is dangerous, so treat this like a police ride along, you stay out of the way and stay safe. I say duck you duck, I say hide you hide, I say run you run, got it?” Blunt didn’t say anything so Rarity leaned into his personal space. The image would later be used for demotivational posters captioned: Obey—Your Queen Demands It. “Got it?”

“Yes ma’am.”

A tall man in a blue pinstripe suit and glasses is in front of the interview screen. “Mr. Turner, you are the physics teacher here correct?”

“Doctor actually, and yes.”

“Do the Rangers cause trouble in your opinion? Records here *shuffling of paper* say you are their Homeroom teacher, all five of them, so you must know them pretty well.”

“The Rangers, trouble? No. They usually stop trouble, even before the suits. Lovely suits don’t you think? I wonder how they appear on them.”

“What about their friend, Sunset Shimmer?”

Doctor Turner’s eyes seem to darken as if a soldier remembering a war zone. “Sunset Shimmer. A brilliant girl, she made the suits you know. Even at her worst…” Turner removes his glasses and stares into the camera, eyes haunted by horrors unknowable. “That girl has a great darkness in her, and I fear if it ever comes out again.”

“Again?” Turner doesn’t answer and takes off the lapel mic. He grabs his long coat and leaves the view of the camera.

Static fills the screen as the image starts bouncing, indicating that Blunt was running. He ducked behind an overturned car just before an explosion. The camera peeked behind the car to show a destroyed street. The Rangers were fighting a camera monster. “See people pf America, teenagers should not be fighting monsters if the end result is a leveled city!”

The camera jerked back to see the mask of the Blue Ranger. “I told you to get at least five miles away!”

“Oh no, the people need to see just how dangerous you are while fighting a monster!”

“A monster you caused or did you forget?” The image goes static as the viewers of this episode of True Talk are treated to an image of Blunt Fact working on his interview camera, the head cam resting on a desk charging. The sound of a door opens and a female voice is heard. “You wanted to talk to me, Mr. Fact?” The woman walks into view of the head cam revealing Sunset Shimmer, a cruel smile on her face.

“Yes. As the one closest to the Rangers, I want to know why you made the suits and their powers.”

Sunset’s smile fell as she tapped her finger to her chin. “They earned it.” At Blunt’s confused face she smirked again. “They beat Sunset Shimmer and the Dazzlings.”

“What’s with the third person?” Sunset’s eyes flashed an eerie green and slitted. “What the!?” A burst of blue-black fire engulfed Sunset and she transformed into a tall woman in azure armor. A second flash in her hand revealed a scythe.

“Quite honestly I wouldn’t have done this myself if it wasn’t for the fact that I like you.” She said.

“Wh—wh-who are you?”

“Nightmare Moon, but you may call me…Queen.” Her hand took on a negative light as she touched the main camera. “All that negativity…It’s so delicious.” The camera glowed and Nightmare snapped her fingers. The camera transformed into a monster and bowed to Nightmare. Static once more fills the screen as the image settles on the cockpit of the Motorzord.

“How could you not tell that wasn’t Sunset?” Rarity yelled as she piloted the zord to down a desert highway and avoiding laser blasts from behind.

“Everyone at the school said she was a –Son of a!!” The zord lurched sideways from an explosion. Rarity was able to correct it.

“She was but not anymore! This is why I don’t like you. You took everything at face value and never looked deeper!”

“I sacrifice everything for the truth!” Rarity slammed the breaks and tripped the monster.

Putting her hand to her head she spoke to the other Rangers. “It’s out of the city, deal with it while I deal with the ride along.” She turned back towards Blunt Fact, the tint of her helmet having faded away so her eyes could be seen. “Sacrifice is putting your life on the line so that others may live. Sacrifice is the ability to truly expect nothing but contempt in return for your actions. We sacrifice our lives so that this world can be safe from our mistakes! So don’t you tell me about sacrifice!”

A young woman in a lab coat and glasses sits in front of the interview screen. “Dr. Twilight Sparkle? Why would the youngest woman to get a doctorate in Quantum Physics come back to high school?”

Dr. Sparkle adjusted her glasses. “The Rangers have been the source of multiple unexplained incidents of, in lay terms, magical phenomena. I wish to know why.”

“Do you think they are a danger to the world?”

“Everyone could be a danger Mr. Fact. You with words, me with knowledge, the Rangers with ‘Magic’. But do I believe the Rangers would ever let the collateral damage harm civilians?” Dr. Sparkle smiled. “Never.”

From the ground, the camera could see the Megazord fighting the monster. A holographic image of a blue diamond appeared in the Megazord’s hand, replaced by a large version of the Orion Quasar Saber. The Megazord performed quick slashes before turning around and saluting with the blade, the monster exploding behind it.

”This is True Talk with Blunt Fact!”

“Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back. As you know this is the last show of True Talk. I believe I have been unfair to the Rangers and most likely other guests and people I’ve investigated. I’m going on a trip to try and make up for any pain I may have caused. Good night.”

As the credits rolled sunset spun her chair to face Rarity. “Well done.”

“I just wonder why Nightmare Moon used your form?”

“We may never know why, but she showed she can shapeshift, which means we need to tighten security.” Rarity raised an eyebrow. “If she can transform into us, she could be anyone. We have to be careful.”